Carnage for PvP is the most underrated spec

Maxxacre

trust me dude, you cant win. they have theory to back up their statements, so you cant win at all.

Yeah Im starting to wonder if only the delusional are going to stay Marauder.

I mean more power to them, they can continue to play a different game in their head than the rest of us are playing.

Meanwhile stacking healers/tanks will get worse and worse until no other DPS are left

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 roots, a passive move speed increase, and a root break < 3 seconds off of charge and no min distance?

I really dont see that

Force Camo in anni is better, often it will remove roots. always removes snares, and causes u to take 0 dmg, it is so so so so so so so so so so so much better then carnages spec'd version.

Ravage is borked, not often but frequent enough.

Ppl never kite you at max distance, they cant hit you either..it's that grey area where they are too close to leap to, but too far to hit.

Also, DoT ticks prevent opponents from kiting away, stealthing, then re-engaging at there discretion

What marauders need is a way to do damage from afar or to close the gap when the opponent separates via a stun or knockback (much more common than being slowed and unable to keep up to a running foe). To this end annihilation and rage provide solutions (bleeds/faster charge CD and obliterate/ranged force damage/burst). Carnage provides no such solution.

You mean like using Deadly Throw for a 3 second immobilize, and then using Ravage with a root for 3 more seconds, when someone tries to kite you? It's your kind of closed minded thinking that is giving this spec a bad rap.

Oh, let's not forget the fact that you're still getting a 15% movement speed increase while in-combat for the Carnage tree, which you can't get elsewhere.

More time on target = more damage. You can stand still and test your damage on a mob in PvE and talk all day about how Annihilation or Rage is better... but when you're getting kited in a PvP match, you're not really doing damage.

My point is that Carnage is the most underrated... and it's pretty obvious that this is the case judging by some of the responses.

Force Camo in anni is better, often it will remove roots. always removes snares, and causes u to take 0 dmg, it is so so so so so so so so so so so much better then carnages spec'd version.

Ravage is borked, not often but frequent enough.

Ppl never kite you at max distance, they cant hit you either..it's that grey area where they are too close to leap to, but too far to hit.

Also, DoT ticks prevent opponents from kiting away, stealthing, then re-engaging at there discretion

You can still apply rupture to a stealth class with carnage. I believe it will even prot Ataru. Ive done it before

Yes, Anni's force camo is better (ill agree, much better), but that has to do with latency. half the time it wont break the cast they were doing, despite them losing target.

Dots ticking on someone kiting you is good, but id rather be able to close the distance more often, plus force scream is at a range, so Im not helpless while being kited. It would be impossible for them to keep me at 5-9m for long enough to make a difference . Either I will catch them or they will move far enough away for me to charge.

Annihilation is a good spec. Carnage is just underrated. Both have merit

As the healers you are attacking(or the healers of the target you are attacking) realize they can dispel your dots, Anni becomes the worst PVP spec imaginable.

I would like to add that i was die hard anni until a few days ago.

The problem isn't with the class or spec. The real problem is the halfwits that refuse to use anything but the tip top min Max damage spec.

Anyone can be good with any of the trees, just because all the turd puppets are going annihilation after dry humping rage for a while doesn't mean that carnage is a waste of time. If anything using a lesser seen spec will catch your opponent off guard.

I swapped a few days ago too, and had much more sucess. The sub 50 bracket will tell you its ok, and PuB stompers wont notice a difference, but it will make a marked improvement for your average solo q player

I dont solo queue. I queue with guild and we stomped everyone until other teams on the server realized that I will no longer out damage everyone by 100k if they dispelled my dots. The simple fact is if you fight against healers who are not retarded anni becomes useless. Your damage tanks, your rage gen tanks, and your survivability tanks. You become nothing more then a predation battery. I switched to carnage and I'm back to being 100k ahead of everyone.

Up to you guys if you want to rag on carnage. Everyone used to rag on anni less then a month ago. The fact of the matter is as carnage sorcs can't dispell your damage and their shields melt in a single force scream. Even as rage they can drop your force crush before it even does damage.

So if you look at it like your always playing against skilled players and not terrible pubs, carnage becomes the only viable spec.

The problem isn't with the class or spec. The real problem is the halfwits that refuse to use anything but the tip top min Max damage spec.

Anyone can be good with any of the trees, just because all the turd puppets are going annihilation after dry humping rage for a while doesn't mean that carnage is a waste of time. If anything using a lesser seen spec will catch your opponent off guard.

I completely agree. I think people must nerd rage a little bit when I keep them locked into place more than the Marauders they are used to seeing. WHY CAN'T I MOVE!!?!?

I dont solo queue. I queue with guild and we stomped everyone until other teams on the server realized that I will no longer out damage everyone by 100k if they dispelled my dots. The simple fact is if you fight against healers who are not retarded anni becomes useless. Your damage tanks, your rage gen tanks, and your survivability tanks. You become nothing more then a predation battery. I switched to carnage and I'm back to being 100k ahead of everyone.

Up to you guys if you want to rag on carnage. Everyone used to rag on anni less then a month ago. The fact of the matter is as carnage sorcs can't dispell your damage and their shields melt in a single force scream. Even as rage they can drop your force crush before it even does damage.

So if you look at it like your always playing against skilled players and not terrible pubs, carnage becomes the only viable spec.

A fellow believer. What compounds this is that it's not like Purge is on a high cooldown. It's spammable. With Carnage, you're pretty much a beast in 1v1 against any class and no healer can do much against you other than simply try to heal through your damage against a 20% healing debuff. Nothing to purge.

A fellow believer. What compounds this is that it's not like Purge is on a high cooldown. It's spammable. With Carnage, you're pretty much a beast in 1v1 against any class and no healer can do much against you other than simply try to heal through your damage against a 20% healing debuff. Nothing to purge.

The irony of it is the only thing that i have found that i loose to as carnage 1v1 is anni spec marauders.... giant facepalm.

What I find kind of funny, is that I am going to go out on a limb here and say that most of the Carnage haters, probably are/were doing it wrong. Not using the right abilities at the right time, and gearing incorrectly will leave you pretty far behind.

The irony of it is the only thing that i have found that i loose to as carnage 1v1 is anni spec marauders.... giant facepalm.

yea because like i said each spec has a perk... carnage can rip range apart.. anni is good for going after targets like ops and mercs and maras something that is tuff to take down because of how long they last

What I find kind of funny, is that I am going to go out on a limb here and say that most of the Carnage haters, probably are/were doing it wrong. Not using the right abilities at the right time, and gearing incorrectly will leave you pretty far behind.

It's possible, but you have to understand people are predisposed to thinking the less mentioned specs are more useless before it gets proven and then popular. It was the same for fury speced warriors in the early wow days. The only problem now is we don't have meters to slap prejudice in the face.

All three of the specs have totally different play styles. If a spec is not that persons default style they will think is bad because they can't grasp how to play it or don't give them selfs time to get used to before they get frustrated and spec back.

But like i said before, organized group v organized group carnage will kill the healers and the other two specs will not. Not if they are paying attention at all.

Hmmm a lot of people here said that Carnage has the most uptime for DPS on a target in PVP cause of that Ravage immobilize. Well first of all our Rupture has a slow effect aswell if talented and we got close quarters which is incredible in PVP, but what I'm really wondering : are you guys even using Crippling Slash ? that thing can be so OP againts some classes, both to "cripple them and kill them and to kite them a bit while you get healed from your DOTS.

Besides DOTS have more uptime on a target than anything else, whoever says anything different from this is just a mindless zombie.

Hmmm a lot of people here said that Carnage has the most uptime for DPS on a target in PVP cause of that Ravage immobilize. Well first of all our Rupture has a slow effect aswell if talented and we got close quarters which is incredible in PVP, but what I'm really wondering : are you guys even using Crippling Slash ? that thing can be so OP againts some classes, both to "cripple them and kill them and to kite them a bit while you get healed from your DOTS.

Besides DOTS have more uptime on a target than anything else, whoever says anything different from this is just a mindless zombie.

you are absolutely correct. Until they get dispelled. Then they have the least uptime.

Edited by Axcys

And before anyone says "well the healers wont be there all the time". No one cares about a side fight that happens in the pit or on the side. They will be there when it matters. When the ball is headed toward the goal line.

It's not FOTM to hate on carnage, most marauders that prefer anni or rage to it probably do so because they played carnage for a long time and realized that it doesn't hold a candle to the other two specs, even with anni's borked talents.

I'm willing to bet almost every marauder there is leveled as carnage. I know I did. Why? because you get immediate gratification from putting those first few talent points into boosting your offhand dmg. So going Carnage is naturally what spec you would play pre-40. As soon as I started playing Anni, which I found more difficult, dmg/survivabilityenjoyment everything was better. More recently as ppl are all battle masters I have switched to rage, which I feel is superior to anni until they fix the talents.

Im not even sure how to respond to this post.

Yes we will slow people. Plus Carnage moves faster than annihilation. If you are kiting someone to heal, you are facing another warrior. Everyone else could finish you off at a range. How much damage are you going to heal during a kite? 6-10%

Pressure you can do while they are rooted > Dots while they are kiting you. Whoever says anything different from this is a mindless zombie.

It's not FOTM to hate on carnage, most marauders that prefer anni or rage to it probably do so because they played carnage for a long time and realized that it doesn't hold a candle to the other two specs, even with anni's borked talents.

I'm willing to bet almost every marauder there is leveled as carnage. I know I did. Why? because you get immediate gratification from putting those first few talent points into boosting your offhand dmg. So going Carnage is naturally what spec you would play pre-40. As soon as I started playing Anni, which I found more difficult, dmg/survivabilityenjoyment everything was better. More recently as ppl are all battle masters I have switched to rage, which I feel is superior to anni until they fix the talents.

PVE isnt PvP. And what talents need fixing? One of our talents is bugged to do more damage

And most of you switched pre 50 right?

Not really a fair comparision. 50 anything is different from 40 anything. Just because it was better for leveling in your 40s doesnt mean it is the only spec for high ranked 50 pvp. I played Anni pre 40, then went rage at 40 to 50, back to Anni at 50, and now am Carnage

PVE isnt PvP. And what talents need fixing? One of our talents is bugged to do more damage

And most of you switched pre 50 right?

Not really a fair comparision. 50 anything is different from 40 anything. Just because it was better for leveling in your 40s doesnt mean it is the only spec for high ranked 50 pvp. I played Anni pre 40, then went rage at 40 to 50, back to Anni at 50, and now am Carnage

I cant speak for anyone else but I didn't, not only did a play a long time as Carnage after hitting 50, I revisited the spec twice, only to be let down. Dude the main move of Carnage spec has a chance to root you! that is just lolz.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.