Game Over! [Hardware Down!]

LeSang

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Especially those who have no idea what's the whole thread all about (after quite a few replies that makes more sense).

For what it's worth, I really hope you get your cooling (and other system related, since there might be more...) issues solved and back to gaming ASAP.

As an engineer, are you really saying that hardware cooling should not be able to cool your system under full load? :eek: ... I pity you and your clients

Don't tell that to me, tell it to video card makers, who are expecting that peoples wouldn't run their products under extreme load.

But if you want talk about my clients, every new brings yet another friend, getting bit overloaded my self. Seems like peoples like quality. :D

So you blame BioWare because you have a crap system?

My system runs at 31-35 degrees. If your system has issues and the majority don't then it's you, not the game

^

This

I would like to blame the OP for my crappy sports team while I am at it.

I have had zero client or CTD issues.

My system is not an uber gaming rig either.

Now I work on servers for a living and my gaming system is as clean as whistle with antivirus software fine tuned for gaming and not filled with any other crap like torrents or useless background processes.

Most of what I have been seeing is people not having a decent system to run SW:TOR. Or having tons of crap programs running in the background while they attempt to fire up SW:TOR.

Also found many suffering after patching due to messing around with files in the SW:TOR game directory. And they warned everyone about doing that awhile back and that it may screw up patching and/or the game files.

Edited by Fraxture

Why do fanboys like you exist?

I don't know what cries fanboy to you in this post other then the word Bioware. Its simple common sense. I know that can tend to be not so common these days. I have a system that puts out its share of heat, but I was able to think to myself I might need some good airflow to support all this. Then I thought to myself, I might need to clean my filters and my hardware once in awhile, and presto, I have a cool system that works all the time. See how that works now?

I don't know what cries fanboy to you in this post other then the word Bioware. Its simple common sense. I know that can tend to be not so common these days. I have a system that puts out its share of heat, but I was able to think to myself I might need some good airflow to support all this. Then I thought to myself, I might need to clean my filters and my hardware once in awhile, and presto, I have a cool system that works all the time. See how that works now?

Wait, someone is shocked to find a SW:TOR fanboi...on the SW:TOR forums?

I will say it again, that's like being shocked to find animals at the zoo. :eek:

Don't tell that to me, tell it to video card makers, who are expecting that peoples wouldn't run their products under extreme load.

But if you want talk about my clients, every new brings yet another friend, getting bit overloaded my self. Seems like peoples like quality. :D

So you were just kidding or trolling all the time then?

Glad to hear that since in the school I got my degree from I would have been laughed out of the class for insisting that consumer software overheats your components while cooling is sufficiently handled.

Glad we got that strait :cool:

On the off chance you were not kidding, I pity you and your increasing number of customers :rolleyes:

Edited by C-Bee

Glad to hear that since in the school I got my degree from I would have been laughed out of the class for insisting that consumer software overheats your components while cooling is sufficiently handled.

On the off chance you were not kidding, I pity you and your increasing number of customers :rolleyes:

I know right I went to school for computer tech.... if my instructor asked my why the system was unstable and I replied with well clearly its the software because it runs fine on everything else I would have been flunked out and laughed at no doubt in my mind about it.

Nope, as you have degree and got no clue about how put computer on to extreme load.

We have nothing to discuss any more. If many games are working fine and EaWare causing massive heat problems. Guess who's fault it is?

Just for reference, run video burn in test and compare with TOR, you might find similarities.

I'm not going to complain about bugs and all other stuff, I am a very patient player, I know the game will get better and better, it's just how it works.

But the fact that this is the only game heating up my graphics card to 80 degrees © made me worried for some time already. And today I have reached the end of the line - after playing the game for 3-4 minutes my pc goes black screen (screen off to be precise), system is down yet something is still running, not sure what exactly. The only thing I can do is restart my pc, then it turns off and on again normally.

After years of waiting, since the day you announced the swtor, I could forgive you any and all bugs, but destroying my PC? Thanks, was nice month of playing with you.

Have a look at modifying your airflow through your case. Ever considered watercooling? Is your system full of dust and needs a cleanout? Just a couple of ideas to try before you write it off.

Nope, as you have degree and got no clue about how put computer on to extreme load.

We have nothing to discuss any more. If many games are working fine and EaWare causing massive heat problems. Guess who's fault it is?

Just for reference, run video burn in test and compare with TOR, you might find similarities.

Obviously not since I am left speechless and that doesnt happen much... It's beyond me how someone with your knowledge set could be actually working with computer hardware, let alone have paying customers, but thats hardly the topic of this thread.

Or you might still just be trolling... *not_sure_if_serious*

Edited by C-Bee

80C? I think something is wrong with your GPU if it ran into issues at only 80C. Bad overclock?

Also, why is it even getting that hot at full load? At 100% load, my card (Vapor-X 5870, slightly OCed beyond the factory OC) generally doesn't get above the mid 50s.

I think your cooling may be inadequate. What case are you using? What kind of fans? How many? How are they set up?

If your system can't keep your card cool enough at 100% load, it's really not bioware's fault. It's also not their fault that your card died at such relatively low temperatures, something else was probably going on.

That said, the game is terribly optimized, and really runs like crap and chews up a ridiculous amount of GPU power given how awful it looks.

EDIT: I actually really like the art style of the game. These are just not high end graphics by 2012 standards... or 2008 standards for that matter.

Edited by Putok

Obviously not since I am left speechless and that doesnt happen much... It's beyond me how someone with your knowledge set could be actually working with computer hardware, let alone have paying customers, but thats hardly the topic of this thread.

Or you might still just be trolling... *not_sure_if_serious*

I'm dead serious. I have been doing stress tests with most cooling methods (including peltier). Haven't tried liquid hydrogen (nitrogen) yet tho. Way too many condensation problems.

Here:http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/13/amd-gets-guiness-world-record-for-fastest-cpu-with-overclocked-o/

Edited by Chaffery

I'm dead serious. I have been doing stress tests with most cooling methods (including peltier). Haven't tried liquid hydrogen yet tho. Way too many condensation problems.

And you're still saying that it's softwares fault that your cooling solution is unable to keep your hardware cool under 100% load?

PS: I thought we were done talking... or was that just a poor attempt to taunt me? :rolleyes:

Hey there!

Though we appreciate that you have concerns regarding the game, we’re going to close this thread as it does not have a topic for constructive discussion. We encourage you to post your specific concerns in a relevant thread, and we value your constructive feedback, especially in areas you’d like to see the game improve.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!