Proc UI Improvement! ((IMPORTANT FOR ALL PLAYERS))

Flapjak

Dear developers. while I deeply understand this game is new and alot of bugs are being worked out, one thing that particularly dissapointed me was the lack of UI ques on key abilitys used by each spec. Wow already got past this by placing in a que when a special ability key to rotation was ready via proc. I.E sheild slam for prot warriors or Mealstrom weapon for Enhance shamans. What I would think myself and 90% of the community would love to see is such a thing where we dont have to look down at our bar to see if Stockstrike for exsample just came off CD for use as a tanking Vangaurd/powertech or High Impact Bolt/Rail Shot gets its free crit as a tactics Vangaurd/Advanced Prototype Powertech.

Now I call upon the community to forward this change, no longer will we have to continuously glance down at our buff bar for procs, or our action bar for abilitys wich come off CD via procs.TODAY WE STAND! D:<<<

Edited by Flapjak

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear developers. while I deeply understand this game is new and alot of bugs are being worked out, one thing that particularly dissapointed me was the lack of UI ques on key abilitys used by each spec. Wow already got past this by placing in a que when a special ability key to rotation was ready via proc. I.E sheild slam for prot warriors or Mealstrom weapon for Enhance shamans. What I would think myself and 90% of the community would love to see is such a thing where we dont have to look down at our bar to see if Stockstrike for exsample just came off CD for use as a tanking Vangaurd/powertech or High Impact Bolt/Rail Shot gets its free crit as a tactics Vangaurd/Advanced Prototype Powertech.

Now I call upon the community to forward this change, no longer will we have to continuously glance down at our buff bar for procs, or our action bar for abilitys wich come off CD via procs.TODAY WE STAND! D:<<<

Someone will bash this for coming from WoW.

Someone will accuse you of being lazy.

Someone will suggest there are more important features.

No one will actually bother discussing pros and cons.

Let me be the first to call out the lazy then. Please don't call for this lazy-mans change. It's not exactly hard or takes a long time to glance down at your hotbar and hit the right key. You should probably look over your own UI instead and see if you can place them better so you don't miss them.

Someone will bash this for coming from WoW.

Someone will accuse you of being lazy.

Someone will suggest there are more important features.

No one will actually bother discussing pros and cons.

Oh I dont care if anyone bashed it for coming from wow. If they dont do it themselves then there will be Add ons for it anyway but that means I have to play my game on a lower setting.

As for Pros and cons the Pros are obvious, less focusing on your U.I and more focusing on what your doing wich will help in the experience.

The cons are uhm... less challange for those who like to Multitask?

My point is this game is supposed to be the pinnical of MMOs and they havent even streamlined the U.I with such innovations as proc alerts.

Let me be the first to call out the lazy then. Please don't call for this lazy-mans change. It's not exactly hard or takes a long time to glance down at your hotbar and hit the right key. You should probably look over your own UI instead and see if you can place them better so you don't miss them.

Guess you never played Shadow.

You are quite likely to miss some fast pace interruptions both in PvE and especially in PvP, because alot of your abilities are best used via proc's SS etc.

Guess you never played Shadow.

You are quite likely to miss some fast pace interruptions both in PvE and especially in PvP, because alot of your abilities are best used via proc's SS etc.

I play Sentinel, what's that again about interrupts and other state-change abilities? /sarcasm

If this is what I think, then it is ESSENTIAL, not lazy.

As a Sage, I have got a trigger ability that gives me a free shot from my sacrifice (Or whatever is called) skill, which means I recharge force without loosing health, however this can be so only by a random of 50% when using another healing skill, and as it stands, there is no way for me to tell in a middle of a fight when I have this bonus, so if the skill would "glow" to tell me, it would make things so much easier.

Oh I dont care if anyone bashed it for coming from wow. If they dont do it themselves then there will be Add ons for it anyway but that means I have to play my game on a lower setting.

As for Pros and cons the Pros are obvious, less focusing on your U.I and more focusing on what your doing wich will help in the experience.

The cons are uhm... less challange for those who like to Multitask?

My point is this game is supposed to be the pinnical of MMOs and they havent even streamlined the U.I with such innovations as proc alerts.

Yes because during a rotation I def want to scan my full buff bar for my crit proc on High Impact bolt to see if the ability I just used procced an autocrit for my next ability. Allow me to explain.

Other than Hammershot/Ion blast my rotation is Gut-Firepulse-Stockstrike((Firepulse makes stockstrike free)) and then maybe or maybe not high impact bolt. now Gut and Stockstrike have a 25 percent chance to make my High Impact bolt crit for free, but its useless if there is no proc. But if I dont use it emmediatly after Stockstrike when it does proc it screws up the rotation. While im looking down the adds spawned and ate the healer. Ty.

I'm all for this change.

A parallel solution for some players would be to introduce macros. If I can add these abilities to a macro, then I can set their priority and automatically use them without monitoring their readiness at all. I cannot overstate how badly I want macros in this game.

I understand that some people dislike using macros, and that's fine. However, for a segment of the MMO community they are as indispensable as voice communication (ventrilo).

You mean the UI where I can't move any of the hotbars around?

You mean the UI where I can't customize anything?

/pwned

I'd like a "proc indicator" a bit like it was done in WoW - as long as it looks a little better and more "Star Wars-y"... It would keep our eyes on the action more than the action bar, hehe :)

Also... I'd like a better indicator for DoTs, HoTs etc... Maybe the icon could flash a few seconds before the effect expires or something? Purely for ease of use.

I play Sentinel, what's that again about interrupts and other state-change abilities? /sarcasm

Do you play on a 16 inch monitor at 800x640 res or something? Watching for raze, exploit weakness, and dot timers as madness with these little tiny icons is pretty obnoxious in my opinion, they are tiny and in a raid setting there are so many debuffs and buffs finding yours is annoying.

You mean the UI where I can't move any of the hotbars around?

You mean the UI where I can't customize anything?

/pwned

*shrug* Placement of the skills ON your hotbars of course, I'd like to move the hotbars too some day, but as of yet not possible.

Do you play on a 16 inch monitor at 800x640 res or something? Watching for raze, exploit weakness, and dot timers as madness with these little tiny icons is pretty obnoxious in my opinion, they are tiny and in a raid setting there are so many debuffs and buffs finding yours is annoying.

Yeah, a debuff alert would also be nice :p *cough* certain boss in False Emp *cough* 2 seconds till death *cough*

I play on a 22" @ 1680x1050, guess I just know what to look for.

*shrug* Placement of the skills ON your hotbars of course, I'd like to move the hotbars too some day, but as of yet not possible.

Well when it comes down to it, would you rather have to rely on add-ons wich hinder your experience or a built in custom U.I?

I have a sorceror and a powertech, and i approve this message.

I would love to be able to acually look at the game when playing, instead of looking at my buff and ability bars.

Nu! for all but Sorcs *flees from the hordes of them in BGs!* TOT lightning everywhere!

naw Jking, but seriously I can believe Sorc/sages have it even tougher than a DPS Vangaurd/Powertech.

I play on a 22" @ 1680x1050, guess I just know what to look for.

Maybe try some group combat? Don't know what to tell you. If you srsly think the size of the proc icons, which get shuffled amongst all your other buffs, isn't a problem then you are either just staring at the bar and not the fight, or you are just to pro for this game.

For example, raze is a little brown icon that looks like 3 other buffs you regularly have in a group, using raze properly is a huge dps increase, crushing darkness is a monster dot for madness assassins, getting it for free is important, missing that its up, is a big loss. I've had 4 rows of buffs in group play.

I should be able to tell a glance that I have a proc.

Maybe try some group combat? Don't know what to tell you. If you srsly think the size of the proc icons, which get shuffled amongst all your other buffs, isn't a problem then you are either just staring at the bar and not the fight, or you are just to pro for this game.

For example, raze is a little brown icon that looks like 3 other buffs you regularly have in a group, using raze properly is a huge dps increase, crushing darkness is a monster dot for madness assassins, getting it for free is important, missing that its up, is a big loss. I've had 4 rows of buffs in group play.

I should be able to tell a glance that I have a proc.

Good to see more reasons, I can imagine when you have stims and full buffs along with everything else ((Forms, ect)) it can get crazy!

Edited by Flapjak

I'm sorry, but I wasn't aware that staring at your ability bar took such effort that you could quantify laziness or a lack thereof by it.

...really?

Both methods involve watching and paying attention to what's going on. HUD style signals simply let you watch the actual graphics of the game instead of the bar of buttons. If the bar of buttons is in some way exciting to you, I bet nothing will stop you from still watching it.

...place them? Until they allow better customization there's nowhere you can place them but the sides and bottom.

Not sure if serious...

Either way, it was a fairly fail response.

I'm all for more visual indicators of procs. On the Merc, whenever Barrage procs you get a swirling yellow circle all around your body, no need to look anywhere on the screen except at your character to know that Unload is now up and ready. More of these effects would be perfect.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.