This should have been KOTOR3

Amikae

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could give out a few suggestions. Most of them are no brainers, but still...

1. Remove the Normal Difficulty in Operations - It's a complete cake and makes gearing up easy and boring. Buff up Hard mode and make it normal mode.

2. Fix all your flashpoints and ops - Don't work on additional content, make it a priority to fix your current content. They need to be flawless, this is what people will do after they finish up with their story arcs.

3. Remove the epic loot from HM Flashpoints up to the last boss - Only the last boss should drop epic gear. It would go a long way to improving itemization.

4. Remove the epic loot containers for commendations and nerf the epic drops across the board.

5. Make the epic BoE crafted gear BoP. The GTN is flooded with cheap high quality epics. These should be BoP and also much harder to craft.

6. Make the crew skill more exciting. Like going on missions with your companions for resources. This leads to the next.

7. Make crafting Crew skills much harder to max out and make the reward for maxing it bigger, but still BoP. Crafted BoE schemes should only drop in Ops.

These changes are just off the top of my head and they will make the game better.

Then watch all the whiners complain that they cant gear up to the level required to clear a buffed hardmode that is now called normal

It will be fine for the hardcores but not for 95% of the playerbase so they might as well wipe their arse with this post sadly

Edited by Mercia

after racing around fleet and timing myself on my 50(started 605am Dec 13th) i have made a total of 17 alts spreadout over several servers. I know where you are coming from OP. I disliked making alts and always focused on my main char. Seems you cant do that per say with even bioware betting on people rolling alts to experience 'story'.

Then watch all the whiners complain that they cant gear up to the level required to clear a buffed hardmode that is now called normal

It will be fine for the hardcores but not for 95% of the playerbase so they might as well wipe their arse with this post sadly

You have no idea how easy the endgame is. No. Clue. Once you get there you will wish you listened to us(like all the other casuals slowly getting to that point and cancelling their accounts).

Will be too late to save this game then though....

To quit a game, just because it doesnt have a ton of end game content and has bugs after a month of it being released is being dumb on your part.

Sure, BW could have waited, added more content and did more testing, but would you rather play the game now, or wait till the next big sales period for a release?

You have no idea how easy the endgame is. No. Clue. Once you get there you will wish you listened to us(like all the other casuals slowly getting to that point and cancelling their accounts).

Will be too late to save this game then though....

Actually ive cleared the normals with my guild in the first week less 2 bosses in KP that we didnt have time for i know exactally how easy they are and if you read my post you will see even as a casual raiding guild id consider my self in the 5%

Edited by Mercia

Ya now, I've played other MMOs before myself...

Know what "I" did when I quit them? I just left. I doubted anyone cared what my opinion was, based largely on the fact that "I" never cared why anyone else left a game. Leaving because your guild quit is a cop-out and thinking anyone cares why YOU quit is silly.

For the hardcores? Do you have any idea how easy the ops are? We cleared Hard Mode EV in our first night with only 1 ranged dps.

Also gearing up should take time and effort. Because right now it would take no more than a weeks play to get to almost full epic.

Edit: And I am not quitting the game. O_O

Edited by Amikae

Actually ive cleared the normals with my guild in the first week less 2 bosses in KP that we didnt have time for i know exactally how easy they are and if you read my post you will see even as a casual raiding guild id consider my self in the 5%

I think you still miss the point. Re-read the thread please.

I think you still miss the point. Re-read the thread please.

No you miss the point

You think doing this would make the game better but all the scrubs and bads that pay a far more % than hardcores would lynch BW just like what happend in wow

I am not leaving the game. I am playing the game, but I will eventually run out of story lines to go through.

But really, think about it. How is this a RPG? It has good story telling, it does, but that does not make it a RPG. Killing mobs is all we do. While in a true RPG the conversations and interaction with the NPC's are just as big a part of the gameplay, as the fighting itself.

Here we are passive observers of the story. They really do a good job of telling the story, but still there's nothing more around it. While in KOTOR1-2 or ME1-2, the story revolves around us and our decisions. Everything we say and do has consequences. We interact and get to know, and care about NPC's. In SWTOR each class story line has a few npcs, that barely matter. Honestly I cannot remember the name of a single NPC from the Bounty Hunter story, or any other for that matter. This is how detached our heroes are from everyone else.

I think it mainly depends on your own mindset; I feel like part of an evolving story but maybe that's just because I'm allowing myself to. It isn't the same as KOTOR, but the sense of scale, and being part of a larger world, makes me feel immersed in a way that balances out what's now missing.

To be honest I don't know they game well enough yet to know how much my choices are affecting the story I'm playing but to me 'kill the dark jedi or don't kill they dark jedi', 'sacrifice half the crew of this starship or try and save them', 'save the ambassador or sell her out' are major character and story decisions. They may have less impact on the overall narrative than they would have in KOTOR but in terms of the character I'm playing, I feel like the discrete moral choices that occur almost all the time are leading to a nuanced and subtle experience that I wouldn't be having otherwise.

Any sane business plan caters for the masses if you can’t comprehend business ethics then you have no place telling BW what model to use to make the game better since they will go where the money is

Yeah it could be made better for me personally but at what cost?

BW certainly wont take a 90% drop in subs coz there is no where for bads to raid

Any sane business plan caters for the masses if you can’t comprehend business ethics then you have no place telling BW what model to use to make the game better since they will go where the money is

Yeah it could be made better for me personally but at what cost?

BW certainly wont take a 90% drop in subs coz there is no where for bads to raid

Flashpoints are harder than Ops. Your argument makes no sense.

I like that the game is geared toward the more casual crowd, because as we know, casuals tend to populate an MMO moreso than those they like to delve headfirst into a seemingly impossible instance.

But, as I see it right now, the game is MUCH too easy. I'm still enjoying it, and recently brought myself to 50 last weekend. I am still going to stick around for a little while longer, but I'm already seeing why people at 50 are complaining about problems.

There's just no thrill being handed your gear on a silver platter. It requires very little effort at this point. So, yeah, I can see what the OP is saying.

I just think that Bioware needs to really take a look at their current Flashpoints and Ops, tweak them so they're harder, completely decrease epic drops, and increase the planet commendation amounts for Purple Containers. As it stands, if you have 400K, you can auction house your gear and be ready to do HM Ops.

Going forward, I would really enjoy seeing a really hard FP / OP that casual players may have a harder time with. One that would drop another tier of gear.

Uhhh, ok dude.

Youre argument makes no sense. Currently FLASHPOINTS are harder than normal operations. Arent the 'bads and scrubs' going to be furious about that?

I FEEL LIKE IM TAKING CRAZY PILLS. READ THE THREAD.

Mainly due to bugs lets be honest

And your talking about HM flash points not normals

I dont see the problem with the progression Normal FP > Normal raids

Even the bads, can't be that bad to not be bored by all the epics they are showered in. I've played WotLK and Cata WoW, I know what it's like for a developer to cater to the casuals. This is not the case.

Look my point is not dont do anything but your solution was over extreame really

It is not extreme. It may seem extreme because of the amount of things, that need to be done at once. But really all of the changes I proposed would make everything everyone does in the game more meaningful. That's all. The bads won't get mad, because they will still get to the epics when they sort their tactics and prepare properly. I mean the 8/16 man formats make it very easy to form Operation groups, so eventually everyone will progress and when they do, they will be excited about it. Unlike now. There is nothing exciting about the end game content.

It is not extreme. It may seem extreme because of the amount of things, that need to be done at once. But really all of the changes I proposed would make everything everyone does in the game more meaningful. That's all. The bads won't get mad, because they will still get to the epics when they sort their tactics and prepare properly. I mean the 8/16 man formats make it very easy to form Operation groups, so eventually everyone will progress and when they do, they will be excited about it. Unlike now. There is nothing exciting about the end game content.

Im sorry i just totally disagree i didnt see a long list and go ZOMG long list NOOOOO i read each one and made thoughtful judgements and it is extreame look at my post directly above ur post says it all

We live in a i want it now society deal with it

Edited by Mercia