Peace and good luck.

KingCane

I'm outta here. If I want to play WoW, I'll go resub to WoW.

The lack of game innovation is amazing to me. Making players churn through quests in a linear fashion is utterly unacceptable for a game that took so long to develop.

I hope SWTOR's failure sends a message to game devs.

Godspeed Bioware and EA, because you will surely need it over the next few months.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

you think this is more linear then WoW when i comes to levling? when in wow u go from 1-86 picking up a quest, press "M" and then go to where you are suposed to go kill 10 somethings or use an item and then go back and turn it in.. thats linear to me.. and in this game you atleast got a story and atleast i felt very happy while levling.. when i wow its just like ahh dinged 50 now.. still have 35 more levels to go.. in this game (on your first char) its alot of fun to level up.. so when you say its linear your wrong... atleast when you compare it to WoW...

The lack of game innovation is amazing to me. Making players churn through quests in a linear fashion is utterly unacceptable for a game that took so long to develop.

Godspeed Bioware and EA, because you will surely need it over the next few months.

Your opinion, and of course, your choice of how to spend your money is ultimately up to you.

However, I have found that I don't mind the "old linear stuff" so much as long as my gameplay is still fun and smooth.

I love how people never detail exactly what they expect in these sort of posts, which is basically self-important whining, but whatever. At least have the decency to let this be your last post if you could care less about the game.

The only message such failure would send is "don't even bother".

Why do people actually want other games to fail? Is it just to justify their own feelings towards said game?

I believe the thought is that if more loot treadmills and theme parks fail, we'll get less and less of them in the future. The current trend in the MMO market is lazy developers trying to out World of Warcraft World of Warcraft by emulating the game (especially the end game design).

The OP is simply stating what I've seen many others state: Why play SWTOR if its the same as World of Warcraft, but World of Warcraft has years of polish and content while this game doesn't?

you think this is more linear then WoW when i comes to levling? when in wow u go from 1-86 picking up a quest, press "M" and then go to where you are suposed to go kill 10 somethings or use an item and then go back and turn it in.. thats linear to me.. and in this game you atleast got a story and atleast i felt very happy while levling.. when i wow its just like ahh dinged 50 now.. still have 35 more levels to go.. in this game (on your first char) its alot of fun to level up.. so when you say its linear your wrong... atleast when you compare it to WoW...

I think he means that in WoW there are generally 2-3 areas for your level range. In this game you go from the same planet to the same planet every time. So in that sense it is much more linear.

I think he means that in WoW there are generally 2-3 areas for your level range. In this game you go from the same planet to the same planet every time. So in that sense it is much more linear.

Well that and you have a sense of 'follow the lighted path'. Often times if you try to explore you run into exhaustion zones, mountains and walls.

The datacron's add a tiny element of exploration, but it's still guided exploration, you can only explore it because they want you to.

FYI, but WoW was linear as well, in that each zone had a level requirement and range. I don't see where you think SWTOR is any different. At least SWTOR has an actual story you care about. And don't lie, I guarantee that you have fast quest text on in WoW and don't even read anything and just check the map to see where you have to go.

Enjoy the same old lame crap in WoW though, if that is your thing, but I honestly can't see people staying to play a game when the only things being added to it is pokemon and pandas...

I believe the thought is that if more loot treadmills and theme parks fail, we'll get less and less of them in the future. The current trend in the MMO market is lazy developers trying to out World of Warcraft World of Warcraft by emulating the game (especially the end game design).

The OP is simply stating what I've seen many others state: Why play SWTOR if its the same as World of Warcraft, but World of Warcraft has years of polish and content while this game doesn't?

^ this

The planet designs are horrifically more linear imho.

FYI, but WoW was linear as well, in that each zone had a level requirement and range. I don't see where you think SWTOR is any different. At least SWTOR has an actual story you care about. And don't lie, I guarantee that you have fast quest text on in WoW and don't even read anything and just check the map to see where you have to go.

Enjoy the same old lame crap in WoW though, if that is your thing, but I honestly can't see people staying to play a game when the only things being added to it is pokemon and pandas...

Ok once you go through the quests 2-3 times, you tend to not care about the Tarisian nobles wanting to kick the aliens out of their house. And once you don't care and spacebar through all the convos, you notice it's just like WoW with lightsabers and blasters.

Sandbox MMO please. :(

Later!

Ok once you go through the quests 2-3 times, you tend to not care about the Tarisian nobles wanting to kick the aliens out of their house. And once you don't care and spacebar through all the convos, you notice it's just like WoW with lightsabers and blasters.

worse sometimes, cause atleast in wow you didnt need to spacebar and you could pick up multiple quest and bang them all out. I guess its different strokes for different folks.

Sandbox MMO is lame and out-dated. People don't want a sandbox, they want content, and a sandbox is just mindlessly milling around useless content that you can't do anything in anyways. Blizz took 100% of the exploration out of wow when they removed the chests. There is zero reason to go out in to the world in WoW, whereas in SWTOR you can find chests and datacrons.

Enjoy your *great* <cough sarcasm cough> game though!

I must say that it's kinda ironic that you seeking for inovation, and giving up from this game for the lack of it...but you still want to came back to something so...old!:rolleyes:

Edited by Vespertilius

Sandbox MMO is lame and out-dated. People don't want a sandbox, they want content, and a sandbox is just mindlessly milling around useless content that you can't do anything in anyways. Blizz took 100% of the exploration out of wow when they removed the chests. There is zero reason to go out in to the world in WoW, whereas in SWTOR you can find chests and datacrons.

There are still chests in WoW. They are more rare now and give better rewards for finding them.

I'm not picking on you specifically, but this has been bothering the hell out of me and I need to get it out.

Pandaren (the "kung fu pandas") have been around since Warcraft III. They are actually a part of the lore. Now, I know that there are a lot of people here who were not old enough to be playing video games at the time, but they've been around forever. Deal with it.

Putting in a Pokemon Lite minigame is probably one of the smartest things they can do right now. That will actually create an end game alternative to the never ending loot treadmill that is grinding dailies, dungeons, and raids. We have jack crap to do at end game in SWTOR if your idea of fun isn't playing the part of a hamster on a wheel.

Dang...

Did you know: You sound like the OP? Except, you'd be the guy posting in the forums about quitting a sandbox MMO.

TOR has failed! All is lost! Run to the hills! Woe, woe is us!

When did that happen!? ;-)

Given, it IS another themepark MMO, but a very good one, with a strong IP and fanbase... I never thought it would crush WoW or whatever, but it will do just fine for the years to come... I mean, it's STAR WARS for Pete's sake!

On topic: Sorry the OP doesn't like it... I do and I hope it will solidify it's place on the MMO market. Vor everyone else... GW2 is coming... and Elder Scrolls Online maybe too.^^