When will there be a "SERVER MERGE?"

gizbug

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope this is the main concern for BW at this point because as some of you say, this is totaly gamebreaking. It can't be so hard to like open 10 new Euoropean servers (yes, you dont need more than that atm) and give everyone 2 weeks to choose their new server. Everyone who dont play during those 2 weeks are putt in this sort of "waiting room" and when they log on they can choose their server.

BW has to swallow their pride and fix this problem. They probably could come up with an better idea than mine but it has to happen soon. I love this game and I wont go back to WoW, but I cant play a massively multiplayer online role-playing game that is empty, I just can't :(

Edited by Snoizer

Yeah instead of a merge I think the best option would be a hybrid of transfers and merge.

1. Characters get free transfers to any server, during a 1 month window.

--------a. All legacy characters count as one transfer.

--------b. Players are prompted for name change when they select a new server, if the name is already taken. Same with legacy. That way, players can poke around and find a server that doesn't conflict with their name, if that's a big issue to them.

--------c. The first transfer is free. Additional transfers would be charged.

2. Anyone who did not leave their home server within this 1 month window will be merged with several others. These people should have no reason to complain about who they merge with/if they have to change their name, because they had plenty of time to take initiative.