What's with the FPS in this game

Gubbb

Hello,

I've been experiencing some weird FPS things. My FPS at the moment is around 40-65. It varies a LOT per zone. Hell, in some buildings I get around 30 and I'm not even talking about the Imperial Fleet.

However it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever to my FPS if I change the graphics settings. I get as much FPS with high as with low graphics settings. Give or take ~5 FPS. How is this possible? As far as I have experienced toying with the graphics settings hardly changes my performance whatsoever. If any, it seems to be dropping very slightly with each patch(?!!) or this could be me being paranoid..

The issue thus is that FPS flucsuates(this spelled right?!) so much that it gets rather annoying.

Also I'd like to add that it's not about the latency. I get a solid 40-60MS at all times.

Is this a known issue with the game or is there something weird going on with my laptop?

(i7 2,2ghz 8gb ddr3, 2gb gfx)

Also if anyone has any working tips that'll be great aswell.

Edited by Gubbb

The only thing i can think of is something else is hogging your rescources, the gfx chip should be fine, what kind of programs are running in the background?

Not much, nVidia graphics card control panel and such. And a dozen using 2,000kb.

CPU Usage 9% with firefox on.

its honestly very bad

If I play with everything on high, the game doesnt even look impressive, yet im only at 24 FPS or so. Maybe less (20)

Im playing on a laptop (lol), but I can play a game like the witcher 2 smoothly...

I just cant get over how bad this game looks, for the FPS hit

its honestly very bad

If I play with everything on high, the game doesnt even look impressive, yet im only at 24 FPS or so. Maybe less (20)

Im playing on a laptop (lol), but I can play a game like the witcher 2 smoothly...

I just cant get over how bad this game looks, for the FPS hit

Did what you said.. got about a 10 fps increase. Although it drops back to its origin FPS around 30-40 in certain area's which are just FPS bad for some reason..

I just fixed my fps on a g74sx laptop. This worked great prior to 1.1 then poof. Anyway, here is how i fixed it.

1. tried running frapps...did not work

2. Ran throttlestop and found that my clock speed got turned down somehow after 1.1. I litterally played until the server shut down the night before and fired back up after the patch and have been having unplayable fps isssues ever since. I dont know how it happened but this is supposed to be a 2.2 gghz machine and it was set to 1 after the patch. And no, i did not do anything in between. I shut the comp off after the servers went down and turned it on for the patch.

It now runs great again, 60fps in warzones and around the same in fleet. The only setting i changed was to set the mutliplier to turbo.

I got that program and mine was already set to turbo.

Anyhow, I managed to get a new FPS record: 85! But it differs sooooo much. It never stays around the same digits. It bumps to an occasional 60, than 80 and than back to around 40 for a few seconds and than back up to 50.

No constant performance which I find weird.. And this is in the same zone btw. Not like I change to an different zone but this happens everywhere.