Im against the ideea of mirrored classes!

sithlordcip

Why the hell do the classes need to be mirrored rep-empire? where is the fun and new in that?

The classes right now feel too similar with their counterpart , for example BH with trooper , ALMOST same attacks with different animations.

Make them more unique damn it

Why the hell do the classes need to be mirrored rep-empire? where is the fun and new in that?

The classes right now feel too similar with their counterpart , for example BH with trooper , ALMOST same attacks with different animations.

Someone wasn't around for Shaman V Paladin

This. if the game were single faction or something it would be ok to have any classes you want, but in a game with 2 factions that encourages pvp and competitive pve (kinda.... maybe.... someday) there can not be different toolkits of each side.

Huh? BH and Trooper are completely the same.

If you kill the totems, the Shaman will fall.

Atleast before the easymode totem bar...

Anyway, Yeah, WoW tried that. They had to nurf BWL hardcore because they set the raid for Horde Shamans and Alliance was taking it up the rear.

I love how the wrathbabies destroyed WoW, and have now infected SWTOR and want to destroy it with the same thinking...

BALANCE (it's that simple :D)

The ruined wow when they allowed alliance to have shamans and horde to have palas.

I agree in op that there is no need for mirrored classes, instead make each class uniq for every faction, ofc some classes can be *mirrored* but there should be diffrences too.

I dont rly care for top balanced pvp, its quite impossible to make that. Instead they should focus on large scale pvp, like 10v10 or more which CAN BE MADE COMPETIVE AND BALANCED.

The ruined wow when they allowed alliance to have shamans and horde to have palas.

I agree in op that there is no need for mirrored classes, instead make each class uniq for every faction, ofc some classes can be *mirrored* but there should be diffrences too.

I dont rly care for top balanced pvp, its quite impossible to make that. Instead they should focus on large scale pvp, like 10v10 or more which CAN BE MADE COMPETIVE AND BALANCED.

It affected PvE as much as it affected PvP. They had to be very careful with raids etc so that it didn't favour one faction over the other.

If either faction had anything entirely unique, the other faction would complain until our star explodes that this is the reason they always get beaten in PVP.

It has been tried and tested in other games, and it has been found the only realistic way to give balance to two factions is to make both factions the same as each other.

Besides which, your complaint is rather late - to change this now would be to tear apart the slowly-stabilising fabric of the game for no good reason other than that you don't really like it.

It's the lazy road to "balance". There is no real need for mirroring, other than you do not have to expend much time balancing the factions. Take two other games as examples; DAoC and WoW.

WoW only had one unique class per faction at release. Shaman for Horde and Paladin for Alliance. By the time they got around to their first expansion they had given up on trying to balance them and just gave in, giving both classes the each faction. They ended up doing the same with the class specific spells as well. They just gave up and took the easy road. BW emulated that approach.

DAoC on the other hand, every class was unique to its own faction. Even classes that filled similar roles were unique from their counter parts in the other factions. Take archers; one faction had the Ranger which was a dual wielding archer that had strong melee abilities as well as strong ranged abilities. The Hunter, the archer in a second faction, used a spear and short bow but had a pet, making it much stronger in melee but weaker at range than the Ranger. The final archer, the Scout, used a one handed melee weapon but could spec into a shield, making it more defensive (and the weakest of the three) in melee but had the strongest (and longest) ranged damage of the three. Same arch-type, very different play styles and mechanics. This was the same across all classes, and when I stopped playing I think there were upwards of 30 classes in the game.

Edited by Phaedrynn