3 patches later and I still can't quit grey quests..

chillenword

Good answer, I think that would frustrate me more.. as for my time is limited to play video games. I don't want to go spend a night of my time doing grey quests, hitting spacebar through cut scenes...

I pay 15 bucks a month for this game, I should be able to quit a quest that I don't want to do, and that is irrelevant and unrewarding. I also put a ticket in for this, and haven't received any sort of answer.. which frustrates me even more.

I know, I've been sweating it out since the 13th of december.. I view this as a major bug, yeah.. it may not be game-breaking... but I think they should have fixed it before things like, slicing, adding new content, class changes. I'm sure you all could name a few. I have tried to go back to some which lead to more un-quitible quests. , and have given up because it is a time drain and have so many other things I would rather do.

Maybe I'm missing something here.... but there is a bright and shiny "Abandon" button in the bottom left corner of the quest log. It even has a really cool big red "X" within the button.

Color me confusded.

As I said in my post, you can't abandon "Bonus Series" quests. It's a known bug.

Maybe I'm missing something here.... but there is a bright and shiny "Abandon" button in the bottom left corner of the quest log. It even has a really cool big red "X" within the button.

Color me confusded.

Yes and on these quests it is greyed out. I hope this clears up your confusion.

I know, I've been sweating it out since the 13th of december.. I view this as a major bug, yeah.. it may not be game-breaking... but I think they should have fixed it before things like, slicing, adding new content, class changes. I'm sure you all could name a few. I have tried to go back to some which lead to more un-quitible quests. , and have given up because it is a time drain and have so many other things I would rather do.

Not all quests will let you abandoned them. It's a bug and not just with the bonus quests either. My Merc has 23/26 quests and over half are damn L23-38 grey quests that can't be deleted. Why should I have to waste my time going to Nar Shadaar when I should be fighting in the GCW instead?

Edited by Sireene
insulting

This is one thread I can actually get on board with. Why the heck are there *any* quests you can't abandon (except for class-quests I suppose)? It's silly in the first place. I want the damn things out of my quest log so I have room for quests I actually want to do.

And no, it's not just bonus-series quests. I have plenty of others with a nice, gray, unusable abandon button.

Edited by the_banana

There are planet storylines (not class story) that have quest chains and those too are not able to be abandoned.

I just learned early on to watch for them and make sure they were done before I left the planet. That's only because I knew of the problem from beta.

But I think by now if I had 20/25 quests taking up my log I would just go back and knock them out. I think that beats waiting around for an indefinite amount of time for it to be fixed while only having room for 5 quests in my log. That does suck but I think I would have to do it at this point and your problem would be solved sooner than later.

I have a class quest that duplicated itself somehow and now it's stuck at a gray level like 10 levels below me. No way I'm going back and doing all that content again to get it out of the way, and there's no guarantee it'll go away when I do (I might just have 2 identical quests).

I have quests as part of my class story "kill 10/15 critters I never finished and now I can never complete it as it was in a story mode area and cannot abandon it.

Oh yeah, that one does suck. I did have that happen on one of my early characters. That is annoying. I learned from that to always finish bonus missions too.

This is one thread I can actually get on board with. Why the heck are there *any* quests you can't abandon

Because there is a mirror problem. What if you abandon the quest and don't remember where you got it? Now we get angry posts all over the forums from people who can't find the questgiver they need to re-start the quest. So they made quests not-abandonable.

IMO the fix for this would be to make all quests abandonable and put a "jobs board" at the spaceport which could direct you to any available quests on that planet.

The term quest precedes WOW by decades. It's an rpg term, and this after all an mmorpg.

Indeed, and it's used so often it's hard to stop. It's the same with EVE players that mock you when you call them quests.

Whatever, everyone understands what's being discussed.