Best leveling spec

Oxinatah

Hey everyone,

I just started to level up a trooper and I'm trying to decide if leveling as combat medic would be more efficient (and faster) or leveling as a pure dps build.

Do any of you have any suggestions? I realize at low levels it won't matter a whole lot but I was wondering around 20+ what is fastest and what spec might allow me to solo heroic 2+?

Thanks for the input!

Kal

Healing works great for troopers as our first companion is one of the best comp dps'ers in the game. It also makes it incredibly easy to find flashpoint and heroic groups which i get a real kick out of and breaks up the monotony of grinding quests.

Not to mention even at low levels you can earn quite a bit doing pvp and just healing people.

I went with Gunnery from the start, using Elara Dorne as a companion, I cannot see there is a quicker way to level. I did everything Solo and hardly broke a sweat doing it and you can drnk a beer at the same time.

This. I went with medic at first and whilst it is true that it is better for finding FP's etc, rolling Assault with Elara healing feels much quicker for soloing. Very rarely any downtime, and equivalent level heroic 2's / champions are easily within reach (at least up to lvl 36 where I am now).

Now that they have fixed her carbonite stream she even adds good CC. Easily the strongest solo class I have played yet with this set up.