POLL: Do you think PVP stats/gear should go?

KOTOR-LOVER

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait wait, You are argueing for fair fights and you have this in your signature?

Glory is of no use to the dead. Honor is a fool's prize-Darth Bane

"Glory is of no use to the dead" (Do whatever it takes to win!)

"Honor is a Fool's Prize?" (Don't fight fair, because you would be a fool to do so.)

What?!

Now I know you are just being silly =)

Haha, absolutely stupid. So...we should get rid of PvP gear so that pve players can stomp all the hardcore pvpers? Or should everything be based on a horribly flawed wow'esque ranking system where only those with no life outside the game have a chance to get anything? No. No. No.

Who cares what someone else's toon looks like, or what kind of gear they have. If you're so much more deserving then stomp them into the dirt. We dont have xserver wz's yet so people will know the good players from the baddies.

Edited by Zombifikation

I would appreciate it if it went away completly. But this is not going to happen. (Looking really forward to GW2)

Still, the system right now is stupid and broken. It's not even the point that it takes time it is just full of design flaws and unfair to newcomers. My suggestion to the problem here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=231300

LOL. Yes take out all PvP gear so you get no rewards for doing PvP.

What's it like on fantasy island? Fun?

I talk about plausible rewards here check the 2nd post if you care to see what kinds of options I give. Number 5 especially.

And yes, fantasy island is fun where skill prevails in player versus player combat.

Grinding is not popular. MMO's would be much more popular if it was NOT about grinding. PvP especially would attract so many more if it wasn't about grinding (see my last post)

GRINDING IS THE REASON PEOPLE PLAY... all pvpers what to be the number one, with no definite reason/ladder no one can say I out weight another or show. PvP player verus player, one dies one wins... Valour Ranking is what defines Play time and you would hope skill knowledge, most people want to be seen as having that knowledge and experiance they need some way in game to show it.

I talk about plausible rewards here check the 2nd post if you care to see what kinds of options I give. Number 5 especially.

And yes, fantasy island is fun where skill prevails in player versus player combat.

I read it. All I can say is: stop RPing. Really. Just stop.

You are so far up your own *** you can probably see the two chipotle burritos you just got finished devouring.

Skill does prevail....when everyone has equal gear. If you take away end game PvP gear, you might as well take away end game pve gear as well, so those players dont have an advantage either, right? No. If you take away expertice, but buff other stats then it will be the same as pve gear, thus eliminating the point of PvP other than just to play for the hell of it, and people would just get bored.

^^

That fact that he started a poll about removing expertise showed me that he has NO idea whats even going on.

Can you freaking read? Where does it say expertise anywhere? It does not. I understand how the system works. I am saying to remove EVERYTHING that gives players an unfair advantage in PvP (PvE gear and expertise alike) and bolster stats evenly.

Dude, what the heck. Title of thread "POLL: Do you think PVP stats/gear should go?"

What else do you call PVP stats? Endurance? lol come on bro, you claim he needs to read, but clearly you need to read.

Oh, and you went on to say something else?

"I am saying to remove EVERYTHING that gives players an unfair advantage in PvP (PvE gear and expertise alike) and bolster stats evenly."

BTW, you're original argument did not include "ALL GEAR SHOULD GO". This is yet again another reason I can't take you seriously.

What was your argument again?

Edited by Mintawno

YOU do not define how an MMO works. YOU do not speak for me, for him, for her or for ANYONE else. An MMO is made by the person or persons. Nothing more, nothing less. Considering this is how MMOs have worked previously, almost all of them, and a huge part as to why they are so popular, YOU don't get to decide how it "should" be. Once again, if you don't like it, then play something else. Like an FPS, where there is no grinding (well, actually, since grinding is such a popular thing, that's also becoming the way for FPS, take BF:3 / COD etc. You got CS though.

I define w/e the **** I wanna define.

L2Read. At the end I clearly said that I would go play something else if this game wasn't good enough for me.

lol grind games are the most popular. Even if they are the most popular, doesn't mean they are the best by any stretch of the imagination. Lady Gaga is popular. Nuff said.

Edited by GameNirvana

Personally I think companies should move away from the PVP stats and look at providing the same gear (probably with different looks) to PVE and PVP players, of course there would need to be steps in place e.g. if it takes you a month to full raid gear it should take a month to gain the same in PVP.

One problem with this is, that any casual players will be out geared by anyone with time to raid or PvP on their hands, another problem is that raid guilds could power gear alts with PvP/PvE Sets, Wow had raider gear early on that was far superior to any PvP gear available, what they should of done is made the gear obtainable in both.

The major problem with these type of systems is that the grind for gear is shortened which may lead to people being left with nothing to do and you can only provide so much content at once. Companies want you to be rewarded constantly to keep you hooked, so 2 sets of gear works in their favour.