16 people on alderaan during prime time

supertouch

Yes you need to stop freaking out and acting like Chicken Little

I logged onto Argent Dawn just a few secs ago there were two people in Stormwind and three in Ogramar and that is suppose to be one of the most populated North American WoW servers

OMGzorz WoWzors is Dyingzorz!!!!!!!

See how silly that sounds?

:rolleyes:

umm WoW is dying... lost 2 million subs last year.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter, if there's a Good faction and an Evil faction, some groups of gamers will go for the evil faction, whether that's the Horde in WoW, Asmodian in Aion or Empire in SWTOR.

Typically, on PvP servers the Empire faction is almost always larger and sometimes even twice as large.

On PvE servers the difference in population is most of the times negligible, with Republic side in a number of cases having a small upper hand.

Errr... what? In WoW, good was the Horde (noble, tolerant, peaceful) and evil was Alliance (brutish, violently racist, warmongering, enslavers).

In ToR, you can go good or evil as either faction.

I don't buy this as any sort of reasoning for anything. It's not good vs evil and it never was, it's about ability animation and gear design.

Clearly not heavily loaded with republic players then aye?

/thread

This sums up the whole thread.

IDK why nobody plays Republic. Originally, I think people thought Sith were cool (heck I did! As a KOTOR fan, all I ever wanted was to play Sith, because all you could play was Jedi). Now they've became overpowered because everyone plays them.

But I'm totally having fun with my Jedi Shadow. My Sith Jugg had a pretty cool story, but the Jedi feels more alive.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

i'm a republic player and i play on a heavy load server. swtor's world doesn't feel like a living, breathing one because of the planets' sparse populations.

something needs to be done about this

Screen shot with time stamp or it did not happen. Also do not change your time in windows as it will reflect the swtor time clock.

I call BS....remember Panda's are ------->

That isn't even close to the most popular full server if the republic zones are empty. I see 100+ on the later zones and 180+ on the noobie zones saturday during the day.

Seriously...

I don't even know about The Fatman, is it a NA server? The most popular / full NA server is The Swiftsure. The second most is The Harbinger.

i'm a republic player and i play on a heavy load server. swtor's world doesn't feel like a living, breathing one because of the planets' sparse populations.

something needs to be done about this

the world is not supposed to be 'living, breathing' like you know it as in wow.

like, 100-150 people cramming into stormwind square and wanking, yanking, and running naked.

it actually breaks immersion. you feel like youre in the middle of a back alley bar instead of a fantasy world.

swtor emulates kotor - the world is properly populated as it should be with npcs, portraying the environments as they would be in star wars.

players are calculated into these zones on top of this - every zone is supposed to have a maximum number of players to keep immersion and not break questing.

otherwise you would have to killsteal/nodesteal your quests like it was so in wow.

you will never have stupid stormwind square crowd and all its travesty in this game. and it shouldnt be here either.

the world is not supposed to be 'living, breathing' like you know it as in wow.

like, 100-150 people cramming into stormwind square and wanking, yanking, and running naked.

it actually breaks immersion. you feel like youre in the middle of a back alley bar instead of a fantasy world.

swtor emulates kotor - the world is properly populated as it should be with npcs, portraying the environments as they would be in star wars.

players are calculated into these zones on top of this - every zone is supposed to have a maximum number of players to keep immersion and not break questing.

otherwise you would have to killsteal/nodesteal your quests like it was so in wow.

you will never have stupid stormwind square crowd and all its travesty in this game. and it shouldnt be here either.

I agree completely! I understand some people find this lonely. Perhaps this game is not for them. But I would hate it soooo much if the zones were filled with people. There must be a better lfg tool for finding other people to do heroics/fps with but the way zones are designed currently is perfect for my playstyle.

And besides in every mmorpg the zones get deserted after the first week they're released. If you go right now and level a new character in wow on a full server you will not see any more people than you see while leveling in swtor. I was an altoholic in wow so I know this from experince.

I agree completely! I understand some people find this lonely. Perhaps this game is not for them. But I would hate it soooo much if the zones were filled with people. There must be a better lfg tool for finding other people to do heroics/fps with but the way zones are designed currently is perfect for my playstyle.

And besides in every mmorpg the zones get deserted after the first week they're released. If you go right now and level a new character in wow on a full server you will not see any more people than you see while leveling in swtor. I was an altoholic in wow so I know this from experince.

I wouldn't compare it to WoW because of the lack of a LFG system. In WoW, once players hit level 10 they start spamming battlegrounds and once they hit 15 they start spamming LFG, I know more people that never quest in WoW than people that do quest. I had a guildie that took almost 6 months to get his Therazane shoulder enchant.

Errr... what? In WoW, good was the Horde (noble, tolerant, peaceful) and evil was Alliance (brutish, violently racist, warmongering, enslavers).

In ToR, you can go good or evil as either faction.

I don't buy this as any sort of reasoning for anything. It's not good vs evil and it never was, it's about ability animation and gear design.

Utter BS. Some gamers want to go for the '******' side, and in WoW that was the Horde. People didn't give a f**k about noble motives since the majority of the actual WoW gamers were completely clueless about the lore behind WoW (and some still are). They choose the side that feels most ****** to them at first impressions, and that's Empire, Horde and Asmodians. At least, some gamers do.

Utter BS. Some gamers want to go for the '******' side, and in WoW that was the Horde. People didn't give a f**k about noble motives since the majority of the actual WoW gamers were completely clueless about the lore behind WoW (and some still are). They choose the side that feels most ****** to them at first impressions, and that's Empire, Horde and Asmodians. At least, some gamers do.

No, you have no idea what you are talking about. It has nothing to do with perceptions of good vs evil and EVERYTHING to do with aesthetic appeal.

mmos are supposed to be built on social interaction. i'll take 70 people in everquest's greater faydark zone over 10 people (that you'll probably never see) on a huge planet.

This is not WoW. Interacting with other players ruins the community.

No, you have no idea what you are talking about. It has nothing to do with perceptions of good vs evil and EVERYTHING to do with aesthetic appeal.

ding!

horde were originally under-popped. very early on they made them slightly less ugly to help with that.

with burning crusade VAMPIRE ELVES made horde more popular (the decision to include vampire elves was one of the drivers for me to quite because it felt like the worst pandering to fans)

then they tried to counterbalance it with WEREWOLVES because TWILIGHT

aesthetics drive balance. i know a lot of people think that aesthetics are personal decisions with no global properties, but that isn't true. in this game's case the looks really did go better for imperials and this balance issue is the ramification.

mmos are supposed to be built on social interaction. i'll take 70 people in everquest's greater faydark zone over 10 people (that you'll probably never see) on a huge planet.

this.

too many planets that are far far too big to achieve the proper amount of social interaction. I could travel through Hoth for an hour and see maybe 1 person out in the wild. There is a reason why the maps on everquest were not this big, and it seems to be working for them!

I am on Fatman server.

Arguably the most popular/full server.

Republic zones are empty and dead.

On Saturday's. All day. Care to explain this?

Oh and by the way, I have Imperial toons on there too. Zones are full and alive. All day, every day, any time.

Daft people need to stop acting like this problem doesn't exist.

You can't make people roll republic. There's nothing bioware can do about that.

overall most leveling zones apart from coruscant are quite dead on my server(ragnos), and it wont really help people to like being underdog when you never find grp for heroics expect weekends and if you get close to the areas where empire players have quests there's atleast 2-3 of them close by so the moment one notices you they probably yell "FREE KILL!!!" or something on their general chat and wham! you get ganked spitted and /danced by 3-5empire players...