Sorcerer Nerf....

Fhatal

What part of 20 seconds of not being able to have another bubble cast on you dont you understand?

0-20 seconds - Cannot refresh existing bubble or replace bubble that was broken.

20-30 seconds - Can refresh bubble.

The latter is the 10 second window where a second bubble is possible.

I am not sure what you fail to understand about what I said.

You arent getting it.

- I cast bubble on myself, 20 second timer starts.

- 19 seconds later someone pops my bubble, after it absorbs 2000 damage.

- Now 20 seconds has passed, so I cast bubble again because bubble timer has reset.

Back to back bubbling. Same as Ice Barrier on WoW Mage.

Edited by sithkllr

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup it is all true, as a sorc I have 273 forms of cc that have no cooldown.

The GCD doesn't apply to us and I can fire off 8 skills at once.

It doesn't matter what spec I choose, in fact I can not even use my skill points and can still do 1,000,000 damage and 500,000 healing in any warzone without dying.

Although it says "light armor" in actual fact it is super heavy and mitigates everything which means I can solo hard mode flashpoints naked by being tank, healer and DPS all in one.

My bubble absorbs 100k of damage each time I cast it.

We have a secret "I WIN" button on our keyboards.

/sarcasm

We can all make **** up about a class.

LEARN. TO. PLAY.

It doesn't matter what spec I choose, in fact I can not even use my skill points and can still do 1,000,000 damage and 500,000 healing in any warzone without dying.

Although it says "light armor" in actual fact it is super heavy and mitigates everything which means I can solo hard mode flashpoints naked by being tank, healer and DPS all in one.

/sarcasm

LEARN. TO. PLAY.

Stop spreading our secrets!!! We will get nerfed :D

/sarcasm

LEARN. TO. PLAY.

There is a reason 80% of all Imps are Sorcs. Enjoy it while you can :-)

a sorc/sage at voidstar doing uber amounts of healing or damage is just fluff. A healing spec can spam bubbles and area heals to get huge numbers, sage/sorc of any spec can spam their area attack to get huge dmg numbers. A sage/sorc getting high stats isn't impressive at all. Stats don't mean crap, but since people gauge skill and op'ness off pure stats then I guess you prob should nerf the hell out of them, even tho I look for sorcs for easy kills.

Edited by Izini

I think the main problem is you never see the class run away, they will tank you right on the spot even though they are not a tank class they do fine at it as you are clearly CCed the entire time for at least 8 to 12 seconds.

This shows just how overpowered they are. I would never try to tank someone as a healer.

But these guys do it all the time and get away with it as the CC allows them to TANK!

Actually, it's the healing that allows us (heal-spec sorcs) to tank. The CC of a heal-spec is no better than any other class.

One AOE knockback that does not root or snare and doesn't knockback nearly as far as single targets. Lightning spec (that is, not healers) can talent this to root after knockback. Shared ability with Assassins.

One insta 4s stun, like every other class. Shared ability with Assassins.

One 2s cast, interruptible 8s duration mez that breaks on damage and rapidly heals the target, meaning it's only useful on people at or near max-health. Shared ability with Assassins.

One 50% snare for 6 seconds. Shared ability with Assassins.

Yes, that's right. Every CC move I've got is shared with Assassins. I don't hear people crying about Assassin CC, however.

Apart from allowing us to "tank", it's the healing that requires us to do so. We have only one insta heal and it's not that great. In order to be effective, we have to stand still, we have to be within 30m of our target, and we must have line-of-sight to them. In other words, in order to be effective team healers, we can't kite you, LoS you, or move much at all.

Edited by Kholvan

Yes, that's right. Every CC move I've got is shared with Assassins. I don't hear people crying about Assassin CC, however.

Because they don't have heals and bubble on top of those CC.

See, the problem is not the CC, the double bubble or the heals taken individually. The problem is when you mix everything into a single class.

Edited by RamzaBehoulve

Please list all the skills which can do 3.6k, are instant or take 1.5s or less channeling/cast time without any preparation.

Iv been hit for 5k upwards by marauders for example. Mercaneries and the republic equivalent frequently hit me for 4k hits, and thats a spammable. Thats just an example. Assassin back styles are another aswell as Operatibe back styles.

Iv been hit for 5k upwards by marauders for example. Mercaneries and the republic equivalent frequently hit me for 4k hits, and thats a spammable. Thats just an example. Assassin back styles are another aswell as Operatibe back styles.

Marauders 5k hits require a leap (so 1 GCD) and waiting 4s on a dot/stun before they can hit the button which is on a 9s cooldown. That is not spammable.

The other closest is a 5 Focus ability on a 15s cooldown which generaly crits (so about 30% chance) for 3-3.5k on a Sorcerer at most. That is also not spammable and requires to build up 5 focus which is at minimum 1 GCD.

Like I expected, you just made it up. You have the second best mitigation tool in the game on a 20s cooldown and can double cast it in the vast majority of battles.

Just shut up, all your tools combined are over the top, one has to go, don't care which, but easiest and least painful is parting with double bubble.

Edited by RamzaBehoulve

Whats the problem Did you all not get the memo from BW? Sorcs are king so just reroll now and save yourself abit of trouble like everyone else is on my server just yesterday 147 players on Dromund kid you not 78 were Sorcs clearly its not an OP class noooo just everyone and their grandma is rerolling one cause their just so hard to play :p

No matter how many WZ shots are posted it won't make any difference to the biased arguments presented here.

http://i.imgur.com/nd1Zr.jpg

But just for effect for the 3rd time ...

Whats the problem ?

I posted the 800k BH SS and a SS of each dps calling doing 550k damage, apparently that's fine, but when a sorc does it .... oh no !!!

Disclaimer: I don't BH's are OP at all.

Edited by Orangerascal

@ Ramza ,

As I said already I will happy to post the next 10 if I believed it would do any good.

In respect of 'soso' played as normal, as would be expected for valor 61 in BM & Cent against other 50's with similar gear.

Not great but not bad either, infact I would say pretty balanced.

Edited by Rackiera

@ Ramza in my screenshot, which I am sure u have looked at the melee dps there is a Marauder.

Maybe you should concentrate on getting your own skills to match that rather than spending all your time QQ'ing with incorrect facts.

Your screenshot shows a useless 150k damage Marauder. You have 250k damage and nearly 80k healing.

I break 200k easily in a 20 min Huttball match with my Sentinel. So I really don't get your point, please, try again.

Edited by RamzaBehoulve

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.