The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Devs: Dark Charge: Why doesnt it scale with health

Faytte

I'll trade my Jugg's tanking stance resource generation penalty for a healing proc that doesn't scale with health, if that's aight with you. But really, it's pretty durn fine as it is, providing more of a bonus to mitigation as a baseline tanking bonus than a Jugg gets from his talented Sonic Barrier.

The old scaling value of roughly 1% (proced slightly more often) was definitely worse than the static 425 heal now. For the sake of simplicity let's say our new static value is twice as good as what it was before. The old value was considered as at least okay as a starting point before buffed. Between BM and WH armor I gained about 10% more HP, so in about 10 tiers of upgrade the static 425 heal would be the same as what the old ~1% heal was.

So yeah, we'll have problem after 10 more tiers of gear upgrade, though I suspect by then we'd be higher than level 50 too so the heal amount on Dark Charge will get upgraded as a function of level anyway.

You don't need elegant, infinitely scaling solutions if a cheap solution is likely to work for the duration of the game's expected lifetime. Sure in 50 years maybe when we have 5 billion HP at level 525 you might look back and say maybe we shouldn't be harcoding the heal to 123 million HPs for level 525, but that's a long ways in the future.

No it cannot scale well because then it would be OP! Ehrm... it scaling have nothing to do with how much it heals or how good it is. Like an ability that does 200 damage would rule at level 1 and suck at 50.

It is lazy coding and plain stupid that it does not scale and in this I in no way bother with even discussing the numbers it "should" produce at this or that level or tier of gear.

It is getting clearer and clearer that they simply don't have a clue what they are doing here in general. I want to like this game though but what could once be considered oversights and rushed is now painfully obviously just incompetence.

Edited by Dhariq

No it cannot scale well because then it would be OP! Ehrm... it scaling have nothing to do with how much it heals or how good it is. Like an ability that does 200 damage would rule at level 1 and suck at 50.

It is lazy coding and plain stupid that it does not scale and in this I in no way bother with even discussing the numbers it "should" produce at this or that level or tier of gear.

It is getting clearer and clearer that they simply don't have a clue what they are doing here in general. I want to like this game though but what could once be considered oversights and rushed is now painfully obviously just incompetence.

I wish I could disagree w/ this statement. :c