Guess I'll have to wait til next patch?

Noctarian

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Note the difference in my card and yours. I have a GTX 560Ti, you have a GTX 460.

There's a distinct differences in performance between the two.

If you're attempting to run a 460 on high settings, that could explain a lot.

not that much diffrence in performance betweeen gtx 460 and the gtx 560, would be hardly noticable with the processers were posting in use. he has some other isue with his machine

not that much diffrence in performance betweeen gtx 460 and the gtx 560, would be hardly noticable with the processers were posting in use. he has some other isue with his machine

GTX 560Ti is not a GTX 560. There is a difference in performance. And that's before you compare a 560Ti to a 460.

Edited by Tarka

Firstly, check your graphics drivers, maybe reinstall them.

Secondly, try setting your SWTOR folder up as an exclusion in whatever anti-virus you use. It could be that your AV is scanning the SWTOR files as the game uses them. Possibly affecting performance. Setting the folder in your exclusion list stops your AV from unnecessarily scanning it. This goes for the hidden folder in your C:\Users\<login name>\AppData\Local folder too.

Also, check Task Manager and see what background programs are being run. You can use msconfig to disable ones that aren't important (e.g. Adobe Reader updater, and other crap).

AVG. How exactly do you add the SWTOR folder to an allowed list? seemed to be able to only add a specific file.

AVG. How exactly do you add the SWTOR folder to an allowed list? seemed to be able to only add a specific file.

I ain't used AVG in a while, but usually in the settings there will be an "Exclusion" list. The settings allow you to browse to a particular folder and select it so that it gets put into the list.

The C:\users\<login name>\appdata\SWTOR folder is the main place where the game caches a lot of files. This is probably the primary folder to put into the exclusion list.

Of couse, you'll need to alter your folder options to be able to see the AppData hidden folder.

Edited by Tarka

the difference in game would be minimal, no were near the issues hes having

10 fps? lawl uber gain

A quick google:

http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/28691-nvidia-geforce-gtx-560-ti-vs-gtx-460-1gb-clocks/?page=9

"Our review of the GeForce GTX 560 Ti highlights that it is, on average, 33 per cent faster than a GeForce GTX 460 1GB card. The large performance variation intimates that the two GPUs are a class or two apart - a fact that's true when looking at the relative performance of two reference-clocked cards."

What was it that you were saying about "minimal" difference?

Edited by Tarka

I ain't used AVG in a while, but usually in the settings there will be an "Exclusion" list. The settings allow you to browse to a particular folder and select it so that it gets put into the list.

The C:\users\<login name>\appdata\SWTOR folder is the main place where the game caches a lot of files. This is probably the primary folder to put into the exclusion list.

Of couse, you'll need to alter your folder options to be able to see the AppData hidden folder.

hmm it's considered an 'allowed' list..and i can only add specific files not entire folders. i've worked with the appdata folder before trying to adjust the ini files.

getting around 50 -60 in fleet when its busy with a 6970 and a 965 @ 3.8, I built my pc about a year ago and updated the graphics card about two months ago.

There is something else wrong with your setup that is causing this, could be drivers. How is performance in other games?

excellent in other games..i can run bf3 league of legends and star craft 2 all at the same time without any change in performance..while star wars still stays choppy regardless of what i am running.

A quick google:

http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/28691-nvidia-geforce-gtx-560-ti-vs-gtx-460-1gb-clocks/?page=9

"Our review of the GeForce GTX 560 Ti highlights that it is, on average, 33 per cent faster than a GeForce GTX 460 1GB card. The large performance variation intimates that the two GPUs are a class or two apart - a fact that's true when looking at the relative performance of two reference-clocked cards."

What was it that you were saying about "minimal" difference?

congrats you've won the internets..........

in game the difference you would see between the 2 card would be MINIMAL.

my point being the gtx 460's performance is NOT his issue.................rocket science

excellent in other games..i can run bf3 league of legends and star craft 2 all at the same time without any change in performance..while star wars still stays choppy regardless of what i am running.

Unfortunately, you cannot use single player games as a benchmark for trying to figure out fps issues in MMO's. They are different beasts.

IF you are getting choppyness even when ALL settings are low / off then the problem may be lying elsewhere with your system. Unfortunately, it could be anywhere: overheating cpu, faulty memory, faulty ancillary hard drives causing system to slow down, fragmented page files, buggy graphics drivers.

In short, lots of things could be causing a problem. Just because a single player game runs fine, doesn't mean that everything is hunky dory with your system.

congrats you've won the internets..........

in game the difference you would see between the 2 card would be MINIMAL.

my point being the gtx 460's performance is NOT his issue.................rocket science

If you want to ignore reviews and just stick to your own "gut feeling" pulling estimations out of the air, then go for it.

But for me, as someone who KNOWS the difference between those two cards. I'm gunna stick to facts rather than guesses.

I'm not going to state that the problem is DEFINATELY his graphics card, but nevertheless the difference between a GTX 460 and a 560Ti is more than minimal. And that, coupled with other issues could be the OP's problem.

Edited by Tarka

Unfortunately, you cannot use single player games as a benchmark for trying to figure out fps issues in MMO's. They are different beasts.

IF you are getting choppyness even when ALL settings are low / off then the problem may be lying elsewhere with your system. Unfortunately, it could be anywhere: overheating cpu, faulty memory, faulty ancillary hard drives causing system to slow down, fragmented page files, buggy graphics drivers.

In short, lots of things could be causing a problem. Just because a single player game runs fine, doesn't mean that everything is hunky dory with your system.

okay. age of conan flawlessly on full settings around tons of people

^^^^^^

Well said

I'm on an i7 @3.9ghz, radeon hd 6970, and 12 gb DDR3 1333 ram

I went from ~60 fps to ~60 fps on the fleet.

Seriously your complaining about 60 fps? For me the game runs extremely smooth at 40 and I normally get between 40-55.

I have to ask what fps do you need to get before you think its running the game good enough?

If you want to ignore reviews and just stick to your own "gut feeling" pulling estimations out of the air, then go for it.

But for me, as someone who KNOWS the difference between those two cards. I'm gunna stick to facts rather than guesses.

I'm not going to state that the problem is DEFINATELY his graphics card, but nevertheless the difference between a GTX 460 and a 560Ti is more than minimal. And that, coupled with other issues could be the OP's problem.

his graphics card is fine to run the game, its not the issue........................

okay. age of conan flawlessly on full settings around tons of people

With all due respect, I'd be VERY worried if you got less than stella performance on AOC these days, even though it's engine is a PoS.

Plus, AOC was launched in Jan 2008. Your card was released in 2010.