Will SwtoR run on my 47" 1080 phillips TV?

Dmartelli

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never ever said to convert a digital out to VGA in or vice versa. I said that a VGA connection will deliver a crisper readable image compared to HDMI when it comes to a computer connection.

Maybe you didn't realize it, but you just said it again.

VGA is analog. You cannot have a VGA connection without an analog conversion. Then, if you have a digital TV, you can't have an image without then converting it back to digital.

If you think you didn't say to convert it, then you just don't understand how these things work at all.

VGA will not give a crisper picture. It cannot. Just using VGA anywhere in the process will, by definition, cause image degradation. Every time. No exceptions. That's just the nature of converting to and from analog.

What you're saying is that degrading the image causes a crisper picture, and then repeatedly defending that assertion to an audience of people who know it's false. It's pretty ridiculous, though maybe a little bit amusing.

Edited by imtrick

the size of the TV does not matter...

This.

Only things that matter are:

1. Can your PC run the game at 1080p

2. Can the T.V. support 1080p from a computer. If not, what resolutions does it support?

TV size does NOT make any difference, that is a stupid myth.

Lol at people who don't realize that the SIZE of your monitor doesn't matter, just the resolution.

And video card supported refresh rates, true 1080p Is 120MHz , most vid cards only support 60mhz

I have to turn off only show supported refresh rate option in my properties to force my card to use 120mhz, yet my Mac mini can't be pushed past 79mhz thus large screen tv looks bad on my Mac but sweet on my gaming rig.

Edited by jputt

Dead serious bro. problem? Or are you just chillin and trollin?

the reason i ask 'bruv' is that the question is a resounding obvious 'of course you can'

just seemed to be a 'hey look at my tv and specs' thread with no real point.

but, hey, if you seriously dont know that the most you probably need to do to make it work is to plug in a cable then so be it.

my tv is basically my second monitor. just plugged into my gfx card via hdmi cable. my old card needed an adapter but my new one has a mini hdmi port on it.

im sure yours would come with similar.. so again i say the most you'd probably have to do is buy an hdmi cable and plug it in.

the reason i ask 'bruv' is that the question is a resounding obvious 'of course you can'

just seemed to be a 'hey look at my tv and specs' thread with no real point.

but, hey, if you seriously dont know that the most you probably need to do to make it work is to plug in a cable then so be it.

my tv is basically my second monitor. just plugged into my gfx card via hdmi cable. my old card needed an adapter but my new one has a mini hdmi port on it.

im sure yours would come with similar.. so again i say the most you'd probably have to do is buy an hdmi cable and plug it in.

Thank you. To be honest you were wrong about the hey look at my tv and specs thing. Im a nub when it comes to computers. My rig is brand new and only the past few weeks have i been researching computer hardware. Some people here actually said i would have trouble lol. but thanks again for the reply.

in that case i apologise for the tone of my post :)

used to everyone being an expert on everything (or at least thinking they are) so you dont expect the 'simple' questions sometimes.

to expand on what i said then, you have an HDMI port on your graphics card (the small rectangle one). you also have 3 on your TV. get an HDMI cable (dont be sucked in by these super expensive, gold plated nonsense. its been tested and makes little or no difference to a digital signal unlike the old analogue coax cabling so get a cheap one) and just plug it in.

set your tv's input to that hdmi port through you tv menu; your pc will detect it as a second monitor and then you can choose if you want it as the primary or not, set your resolution (if you need to) and off you go.

as said my tv is like my second monitor. when im watching movies i just drag the window over onto the tv, expand it to full screen and sit back. :) my pc and tv are opposite ends of the room, so for sound i've got a 5.1 surround system and i just tick the box to swap the inputs and voila.

cheap and cheerful but damn it works well

Edited by supZ

OP there is no difference between your setup and someone playing on 22 inch screen with 1920 x 1080 resolution.

Screen size has nothing to do with how hard your system is going to be tasked.

Your resolution on the other hand does.

in that case i apologise for the tone of my post :)

used to everyone being an expert on everything (or at least thinking they are) so you dont expect the 'simple' questions sometimes.

to expand on what i said then, you have an HDMI port on your graphics card (the small rectangle one). you also have 3 on your TV. get an HDMI cable (dont be sucked in by these super expensive, gold plated nonsense. its been tested and makes little or no difference to a digital signal unlike the old analogue coax cabling so get a cheap one) and just plug it in.

set your tv's input to that hdmi port through you tv menu; your pc will detect it as a second monitor and then you can choose if you want it as the primary or not, set your resolution (if you need to) and off you go.

as said my tv is like my second monitor. when im watching movies i just drag the window over onto the tv, expand it to full screen and sit back. :) my pc and tv are opposite ends of the room, so for sound i've got a 5.1 surround system and i just tick the box to swap the inputs and voila.

cheap and cheerful but damn it works well

thanks again. Im gonna definately have to set somethin up where i dont have to move anything. as for now i guess when i want to play on the big screen, i can just move the computer desk over to the tv and chill there for a while and put it back when im done. either way its gonna be a blast.

Heck I would run this on a 3d tv ,resolution should be fine, but it is all up to the monitor (screen) refesh rate,pixels, etc ..... , Some people even have 3 tvs(monitors) of a very large size surrounding them to get a "more" in the game feeling. Also dont forget to hook up suround sound, Edited by eldisper