Which class would you chose?

direblaze

for end game pvp, assuming you have at least champ gear, so 1v1 situations and groups.

Sorcerer or mara. which class would you play?

Assuming you are looking for 'max effective' that takes the least amount of skill to play? I's vote Sorc. I personally play more interesting classes, but Sorc's are "I WIN" buttons in a lot of situations and are the most flexible in all situations.

for end game pvp, assuming you have at least champ gear, so 1v1 situations and groups.

Sorcerer or mara. which class would you play?

1v1 fully geared -- Mara

Do you have a healer that will play with you often for group situations? Mara

Do you not have a healer? Sorc.

BTW, Mara is the most rewarding class to play. You get rolled if you suck, but when you are good, you can turn the tide of any battle with your damage and utility.

Edited by Kryptorchid

i will elaborate more apon the situation:

Both classes have full champ gear, they both want to solo pvp, none of them have a healer.

Both can play their class equally well and have no issues with the complexities of each class.

They will be soloing world pvp, and being a loner in warfronts while still being a team player.

Who would win most situations of pvp combat vs any given class

Mara/JK is the best 1v1 class in the game starting from scratch with equal gear and all cooldowns up.....

They have the most cooldowns to turn the battle, now catch them without the cooldowns up and its probably the easiest kill in the game......

If you plan on solo pvping i suggest you go with a assasin or a OP, stealth classes are always the way to go if solo pvp if the route you wish to explore.

Mara/JK is the best 1v1 class in the game starting from scratch with equal gear and all cooldowns up.....

They have the most cooldowns to turn the battle, now catch them without the cooldowns up and its probably the easiest kill in the game......

If you plan on solo pvping i suggest you go with a assasin or a OP, stealth classes are always the way to go if solo pvp if the route you wish to explore.

i have never lost to an assassin they are a freaking joke of a class. ops.. well thats is different

i have never lost to an assassin they are a freaking joke of a class. ops.. well thats is different

Every class in the hands of a good player will win 99% of its 1v1 encounters. You choose stealth when solo so you can pick you battles, choosing mara or sorc and running around solo is asking for gank squads to track u down once you have been spotted.

Agreed. Stealth classes are a far better option for solo world and wz pvp encounters. I would suggest looking at assassins, they take a fair amount of skill to play well, have many of the same force abilities as the sorc, have stealth and a lot of flexabilities in their builds to suit your playstyle.

And don't listen to the other trolls about the effectiveness of the assassin / shadow class. In the hands of a skilled player they are deadly. Not OP, but well balanced...probably the most balanced class in the game atm.

Edited by Tooslick

Agreed. Stealth classes are a far better option for solo world and wz pvp encounters. I would suggest looking at assassins, they take a fair amount of skill to play well, have many of the same force abilities as the sorc, have stealth and a lot of flexabilities in their builds to suit your playstyle.

And don't listen to the other trolls about the effectiveness of the assassin / shadow class. In the hands of a skilled player they are deadly. Not OP, but well balanced...probably the most balanced class in the game atm.

thing is, i have never lost to one as a sorc. never. not even when i was forced to fight level 50 assassins.

thing is, i have never lost to one as a sorc. never. not even when i was forced to fight level 50 assassins.

I won't deny that assassins could use a little more love in some areas, but with the right player and the right talents they're doing fine. Theres a hybrid tank / madness build gaining momentum that is really effective against sorcs and I do fine with it.

I won't say I have beaten every sorc i've come across, but I usually fair pretty well, especially when I get the opener and have cd's. If I'm the one getting ganked, cloak vanish and other abilities easily get me out of trouble. I quest worry free in all contested zones and have never died in open world pvp due to the escape mechanics.

It's well documented Sorcs are doing very well and are more than effective even in the hands of a scrub player. In the hands of a sklilled player they are OP and that probably won't last long...the nerf bat will probably swing soon and sorcs are next to bat.

I won't deny that assassins could use a little more love in some areas, but with the right player and the right talents they're doing fine. Theres a hybrid tank / madness build gaining momentum that is really effective against sorcs and I do fine with it.

I won't say I have beaten every sorc i've come across, but I usually fair pretty well, especially when I get the opener and have cd's. If I'm the one getting ganked, cloak vanish and other abilities easily get me out of trouble. I quest worry free in all contested zones and have never died in open world pvp due to the escape mechanics.

It's well documented Sorcs are doing very well and are more than effective even in the hands of a scrub player. In the hands of a sklilled player they are OP and that probably won't last long...the nerf bat will probably swing soon and sorcs are next to bat.

Operatives are overpowered in the hand of a scrub and unstopable in the hands of s skilled player.

But you say sorcerers are average when used by a scub and overpowered when used by skilled. you can see why operatives are getting nerfed, but sorcerers? why. seems to me they are balanced because it takes skill to perform at thier peak.