The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Things that bother me about mara.

direblaze

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if im a fanboy... then im a fanboy of liking a challenge. you want easy? roll another class case closed. the class is fine if it were broken all the mara's would be complaining but seeing as how there are so many kicking *** i say nope it is l2play or roll an easier class issue

do you look at our sub forum?... there is 2-3 new Marauder is broken threads like everyday.

Not that i think its broken... that said.

There are some things that need some streamlining, or tweaked a little. Yes, mara is highly player skill dependent, lots of cooldowns to watch, lots of different abilites to remember to use during X situation.

2 things i think that would greatly help the class for its melee dps role.

Is a slight increase to the % bonus of the talented AoE damage reduction in Carnage. 5-10% maybe. What do other ppl think?

A longer max duration and base time of Cloak of Pain.

Say 36 seconds max and a 9 second base time? i think that will help out a lot when having to deal with knockbacks.

I wouldn't mind getting our 30m sabor throw either,it was really nice during beta. Or just make deadly throw 30m range...

You expect me to believe you are "beasting" when you cant even speak properly? lol

People can troll all they want, and there are people who will refuse to believe they can be beaten. With every underpowered class there will be people who will say they are amazing. The only lesson you can really learn is to think on this,

Is anyone ever mad when they get killed by a Marauder (in a relatively fair fight)?

If not, even a highly skilled player isnt winning by as much as he should be, meaning that no matter your skill you are not doing as well as you could as another class.

I know I havent seen it.

so i misspelled something and that makes me wrong? lol your logic is flawed no wander you cant play a mara with logic like that lmao. oh and to critisize you even more you say i cant "speak properly"? ummm last time i checked i was typing... way to go on that insult. and yes people can troll all they want same goes for ppl can QQ all they want. it doesnt change the fact that the class is fine and you cant grasp it so you want it dumbed down to the point of no return and make it unfun for a lot of ppl. like i said before if you want melee but not a challenge roll a assasin or jugg. also with your logic your probably one of those fail mara's that opens up with force leap arnt you? :0 dont lie you know you are.

do you look at our sub forum?... there is 2-3 new Marauder is broken threads like everyday.

Not that i think its broken... that said.

There are some things that need some streamlining, or tweaked a little. Yes, mara is highly player skill dependent, lots of cooldowns to watch, lots of different abilites to remember to use during X situation.

2 things i think that would greatly help the class for its melee dps role.

Is a slight increase to the % bonus of the talented AoE damage reduction in Carnage. 5-10% maybe. What do other ppl think?

A longer max duration and base time of Cloak of Pain.

Say 36 seconds max and a 9 second base time? i think that will help out a lot when having to deal with knockbacks.

I wouldn't mind getting our 30m sabor throw either,it was really nice during beta. Or just make deadly throw 30m range...

I will say tweaks like those are not a bad idea.. as for the playstyle being complex THAT I believe should not change. but even if we didnt get those tweaks it wouldnt hurt us any because we are fine and if played correctly we can do some serious dmg to people. The reason you see these posts 2-3 times a day is because ppl refuse to adapt and learn and just want it to be dumbed down like wow was so they can roll face on keyboard style and be good

lol that's so worthless

I don't mind dying if I accomplish something, but killing a random scrub in pvp? I'd like to have a K/D ratio better than 1 XD

What's the problem with all the guys bashing whoever says that marauder needs tweaking? It's true. The stuff the OP wrote, it's true. Why get so defensive over it? Does it make you rage, if someone points out the class limits?

1 kd ratio is ideal, it implies balance.

so i misspelled something and that makes me wrong? lol your logic is flawed no wander you cant play a mara with logic like that lmao. oh and to critisize you even more you say i cant "speak properly"? ummm last time i checked i was typing... way to go on that insult. and yes people can troll all they want same goes for ppl can QQ all they want. it doesnt change the fact that the class is fine and you cant grasp it so you want it dumbed down to the point of no return and make it unfun for a lot of ppl. like i said before if you want melee but not a challenge roll a assasin or jugg. also with your logic your probably one of those fail mara's that opens up with force leap arnt you? :0 dont lie you know you are.

Couldnt get past my first line eh?

Lol if this is all you have to offer your worthless sorry. If ppl made posts asking for help im sure ppl would share their knowledge. but ppl who make QQ posts cus they fail? welll what did you expect? lol

Im not sure Ive cried about anything. You are arguing with no one, hoping Ill ask the question you so desperately want answered. Where have I complained Marauders are weak? They are overly complex for no reason, and no benefit. If the higher skill cap meant you could do better, it would make sense. If its just for complexity's sake, it doesnt.

Stop arguing with straw men.

Im not sure Ive cried about anything. You are arguing with no one, hoping Ill ask the question you so desperately want answered. Where have I complained Marauders are weak? They are overly complex for no reason, and no benefit. If the higher skill cap meant you could do better, it would make sense. If its just for complexity's sake, it doesnt.

Stop arguing with straw men.

L2read... you said they are overly complex... that is a QQ lol...QQ=cry because they are not to complex. Its just you sorry bro get some skill

Edited by Warlordomega

But I thought you liked them because they were complex? Wasnt that your whole point?

lol yet again... l2read.... i like them because they are complex... they are not too complex tho you just refuse to have a class that you cant roll your face on the keyboard with. get some skill or roll another class

lol yet again... l2read.... i like them because they are complex... they are not too complex tho you just refuse to have a class that you cant roll your face on the keyboard with. get some skill or roll another class

So they are complex, but not too complex, but are the most complex class in the game?

Did you want to start making sense soon...

So they are complex, but not too complex, but are the most complex class in the game?

Did you want to start making sense soon...

this will be my last post for you and then if anyone would like to know how im doing it just ask an ill be more than happy to help....

this class is the most complex class out of all of them because BW made them that way for ppl who wanted a challenge. They are not Overly complex like you say to the point that we suck.. they are complex enough that if you push the char you will see amazing results, if you dont then you will fail.. im sorry you dont know how to play but that is your fault not ours

this will be my last post for you and then if anyone would like to know how im doing it just ask an ill be more than happy to help....

this class is the most complex class out of all of them because BW made them that way for ppl who wanted a challenge. They are not Overly complex like you say to the point that we suck.. they are complex enough that if you push the char you will see amazing results, if you dont then you will fail.. im sorry you dont know how to play but that is your fault not ours

But thats kind of the point youve missed the whole time, you arent doing any better than anyone else...

Even at the maximum skill cap, a Merc hitting 1-2 buttons can keep up with you...

Youve assumed this whole time I cant play, I assure you, I do fine.

But someone who tries half as hard can achieve the same result. That is where the problem lies.

But thats kind of the point youve missed the whole time, you arent doing any better than anyone else...

Even at the maximum skill cap, a Merc hitting 1-2 buttons can keep up with you...

Youve assumed this whole time I cant play, I assure you, I do fine.

But someone who tries half as hard can achieve the same result. That is where the problem lies.

and yet you fail to understand... if you played right for 1 youd be surpassing ppl so apparently your not...2 thats the point of a complex class is to have to do more aka a challenge to compete and if you excel you will do even better i have yet to see a merc compete with me. why u may ask? yes they can put out the overall dmg with aoe yet they are so squishy to me they dont have time. THIS is the point of complex classes... to play harder to get equivalent or better results. you dont want to play harder to get simmular or possibly better results? it sounds to me like you want an easier time to do the same thing. that means you dont want complexity. that tells me you need a deferent class so its more simple for you. Like BW said this is THE class that requires skill to scale well

and yet you fail to understand... if you played right for 1 youd be surpassing ppl so apparently your not...2 thats the point of a complex class is to have to do more aka a challenge to compete and if you excel you will do even better i have yet to see a merc compete with me. why u may ask? yes they can put out the overall dmg with aoe yet they are so squishy to me they dont have time. THIS is the point of complex classes... to play harder to get equivalent or better results. you dont want to play harder to get simmular or possibly better results? it sounds to me like you want an easier time to do the same thing. that means you dont want complexity. that tells me you need a deferent class so its more simple for you. Like BW said this is THE class that requires skill to scale well

So Im not doing well based on the fact the class is the most complex in the game, based on your observations of how well I play...

And where do you keep seeing bioware state this exactly?

Because here they state they are looking to reduce the complexity without losing the feel:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1435443#edit1435443

Edited by Caliban_Thule

So Im not doing well based on the fact the class is the most complex in the game, based on your observations of how well I play...

And where do you keep seeing bioware state this exactly?

Because here they state they are looking to reduce the complexity without losing the feel:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1435443#edit1435443

yes i say your not doing well because you cant overcome the complexity... thats the point of being complex. i would also advise you to reread that post seeing as they say they want to keep the complexity yet we are squishy and they wana change that... which means more than likely they will increase or cd's to a point that the ppl who excell will utterly destroy ppl cus of uptime and the people like u will stay up longer yet still get destroyed in the end because it is still going to be complex... when they talked about the dumbing it down part they directed that too gaurdians and juggs not mara's the only thing for mara's was survivability which i dont think will help any if you still cant get the rotation down. i also wana state that if we do get the cd buff and ppl start kicking serious *** other classes will qq then we will get an even harder nerf that will result in more qq from u when in the beggining we are fine and from that point on we will just see a recycle effect

Edited by Warlordomega

yes i say your not doing well because you cant overcome the complexity... thats the point of being complex. i would also advise you to reread that post seeing as they say they want to keep the complexity yet we are squishy and they wana change that... which means more than likely they will increase or cd's to a point that the ppl who excell will utterly destroy ppl cus of uptime and the people like u will stay up longer yet still get destroyed in the end because it is still going to be complex... when they talked about the dumbing it down part they directed that too gaurdians and juggs not mara's the only thing for mara's was survivability which i dont think will help any if you still cant get the rotation down

You are as bad at reading as you are at typing. Where does it say survivability here?

For example, we are certainly aware that the Marauder and Sentinel are very gameplay intensive classes with some of the most complex rotations in the game. While we are currently looking at quality of life and usability improvements to increase the class' playability without compromising the unique aspects of the class, we don't have anything specific to announce just yet.

You are as bad at reading as you are at typing. Where does it say survivability here?

First off, we currently have no indication that any class needs a huge buff. Class balance is defined by the interaction between classes and changes we make to one class will, inevitably, move the balance towards or from other classes. Our data and testing currently indicates that the Juggernaut and Guardian AC could use some buffing up in two areas where we see them underperforming against our expectations.

Here are some of the things we're planning to roll out in the short term specifically regarding Sith Warriors and Jedi Knights :

Mobility/Anti Kiting (PvP) – We agree with the sentiment voiced by the community that some Guardians and Juggernauts have to work harder than other classes to stay within effective combat range, putting them at a disadvantage. We intend to address this in an upcoming patch where, as a first step, Force Push will clear the cooldown of Force Leap, granting for more reliable in combat pursuit capabilities to the Advanced Class. Further changes will be made if necessary.

DPS spec survivability (PvP and PvE) – The DPS specs on Guardian and Juggernaut are performing to our expectations when it comes to the ability to create damage, especially of the burst variety. However their survivability is lagging behind our expectations, especially in the later game, and we are going to start addressing that particular issue in an upcoming patch

apparently you cant read either its all on survivability the only dps increase stated is for juggs/gaurdians so i am apparently not the one who needs to l2read

First off, we currently have no indication that any class needs a huge buff. Class balance is defined by the interaction between classes and changes we make to one class will, inevitably, move the balance towards or from other classes. Our data and testing currently indicates that the Juggernaut and Guardian AC could use some buffing up in two areas where we see them underperforming against our expectations.

Here are some of the things we're planning to roll out in the short term specifically regarding Sith Warriors and Jedi Knights :

Mobility/Anti Kiting (PvP) – We agree with the sentiment voiced by the community that some Guardians and Juggernauts have to work harder than other classes to stay within effective combat range, putting them at a disadvantage. We intend to address this in an upcoming patch where, as a first step, Force Push will clear the cooldown of Force Leap, granting for more reliable in combat pursuit capabilities to the Advanced Class. Further changes will be made if necessary.

DPS spec survivability (PvP and PvE) – The DPS specs on Guardian and Juggernaut are performing to our expectations when it comes to the ability to create damage, especially of the burst variety. However their survivability is lagging behind our expectations, especially in the later game, and we are going to start addressing that particular issue in an upcoming patch

apparently you cant read either its all on survivability the only dps increase stated is for juggs/gaurdians so i am apparently not the one who needs to l2read

What are you even talking about anymore? Who said anything about needing a DPS increase?

Are you having an argument with someone else and carrying it over?

What are you even talking about anymore? Who said anything about needing a DPS increase?

Are you having an argument with someone else and carrying it over?

you say were weak and cant compete... that means we arnt doing enough or its to hard to do enough to compete... no where in that post did they say that all they talked about was survivability. fill in words you want to support your false argument are as worthless as you are as a mara

no where in that post did they say they were going to make it less complex they said we are squishy and juggs get kited that was all

Edited by Zilrota
removed, rude

you say were weak and cant compete... that means we arnt doing enough or its to hard to do enough to compete... no where in that post did they say that all they talked about was survivability. you arguments and fill in words you want to support your false argument are as worthless as you are as a mara

no where in that post did they say they were going to make it less complex they said we are squishy and juggs get kited that was all

Here, the quote again, from that link:

For example, we are certainly aware that the Marauder and Sentinel are very gameplay intensive classes with some of the most complex rotations in the game. While we are currently looking at quality of life and usability improvements to increase the class' playability without compromising the unique aspects of the class, we don't have anything specific to announce just yet.

We can compete, we just have to try harder than everyone else.

Edited by Zilrota
removed, insulting

Here, the quote again, from that link:

We can compete, we just have to try harder than everyone else.

that means improving the skills we use not change the complexity of it

you fail to understand what they are saying there

we will still be as complex as we are just hitting harder according to that..

which results in skill players getting called op and a nerf incomming.

Edited by Zilrota
removed rude

that means improving the skills we use not change the complexity of it

you fail to understand what they are saying there

we will still be as complex as we are just hitting harder according to that..

which results in skill players getting called op and a nerf incomming.

Quality of life and usability means damage to you?

Edited by Zilrota
Edited quote