Things that bother me about mara.

direblaze

Smash, it does not work on moving targets, it will not hit them.

Too many cooldowns, 15sec cooldown on all but one dps attacks? for a dps class? really?

Too many skills, too few fingers and keybinds. aslo cost for using them too high.

Rage tree is inferior to jugg tree.

Mara is inferior to jugg

retaliation is a worthless skill, deals the same damage as Vstrike but ultra situational.

Fury mechanic is worthless, takes too long to build buffs run out too fast.

Lack of any combat control. not even a knockback or knockdown on a class like this? really?

Off hand weapon is totally pointless.

class dies to fast, cloak of pain should be a sustained buff not a temp buff

rage systems makes no sense? why im i getting angry when i hit, shouldnt i get angry when i get hit and when im in combat?

UI lag kills the class, only class in the game with a channeled melee attack /epicfail

animations GETS stuck all the time leaving you rooted to the floor.

class is about 10x harder to play than any other melee, and 100x harder than any other ranged...WHY???!

charge lands where they were not where they are.

NO viable heal. every other dps class has a heal apart from mara.

(no, the dot heal and thecc breaker heal do not count)

our gear looks pathetic.

The class has nothing unique to it, everything we have juggs do better.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Smash, it does not work on moving targets, it will not hit them.

Aim better. You have to learn how big the aoe is if you want to.

Too many cooldowns, 15sec cooldown on all but one dps attacks? for a dps class? really?

Stop blowing all your Cooldowns at once. if you actually spec into a tree you can reduce Cooldowns. isnt that NEATO!?

Too many skills, too few fingers and keybinds. aslo cost for using them too high.

You have more than 3 fingers. BW gave you the ability to Keybind. Instead of just using your fingers, use your mind and eyes to explore the interface instead of using your fingers to come here and complain.

Rage tree is inferior to jugg tree.

Rage tree is inferior to all specs and requires very little to play. Try a more challenging spec, one that requires more than 3 abilities

Mara is inferior to jugg

Then roll a juggernaut and stop complaining and admitting your noobness in these forums.

retaliation is a worthless skill, deals the same damage as Vstrike but ultra situational.

Its great in PvE, if you spec'd right.

Fury mechanic is worthless, takes too long to build buffs run out too fast.

You have a serious spec issue, you have seen the talent trees right? You have read the talent tree tooltips right?

Lack of any combat control. not even a knockback or knockdown on a class like this? really?

Seriously read the fraking tooltips in all talent trees. Ill give ya a hint, its over in that Carnage tree thing, the middle one, thats red...to the right of Annhilation and to the left of Rage

Off hand weapon is totally pointless.

No its not! i can punch two holes in people instead of one! Holy Cow!!!

class dies to fast, cloak of pain should be a sustained buff not a temp buff

30 seconds isnt sustained? Stop jumping into fire.

rage systems makes no sense? why im i getting angry when i hit, shouldnt i get angry when i get hit and when im in combat?

ok this one i lol'd at. you do build rage when you get hit, if you SPEC RIGHT

UI lag kills the class, only class in the game with a channeled melee attack /epicfail

OMG. I CANT BELIEVE THIS. The first part of that statement is somewhat true! but it was fixed this morning supposedly so its a moot point...GOOD TRY!!!

animations GETS stuck all the time leaving you rooted to the floor.

Two true statements in a row..../Sarcasm im so proud of you!

class is about 10x harder to play than any other melee, and 100x harder than any other ranged...WHY???!

Requires more skill to play, but you play rage, which doesnt require much... L2PL2PL2PL2P

charge lands where they were not where they are.

...yeah sounds about right... your up for 3 now! but down by...i lost count...

NO viable heal. every other dps class has a heal apart from mara.

(no, the dot heal and thecc breaker heal do not count)

Ive never heard of a melee class being able to heal themselves...Go back to wow and play a druid!?

our gear looks pathetic.

But i have large spikey things!!!!

The class has nothing unique to it, everything we have juggs do better.

Berserk

Predation

Bloodthirst

100% armor penetration(giggity)

Obfuscate

Camouflage

Obliterate

Thanks for the post! it made me laugh so hard I "urinated"

TL;DR: L2P

Edited by AcaciaDragon

why don't we have a healing tree like the other dpsers?

I'm being facetious. I just think we're a one trick pony and our one trick isn't all THAT impressive

there are more one trick ponies around, Sniper/Gunslinger. That class is ranged, but can't heal themselves either and can only be specced for dps, so don't complain about that because Marauder/Sentinel has way more survability.

there are more one trick ponies around, Sniper/Gunslinger. That class is ranged, but can't heal themselves either and can only be specced for dps, so don't complain about that because Marauder/Sentinel has way more survability.

well that doesn't excuse sorcs and BH which there is no shortage of

so don't complain about that because Marauder/Sentinel has way more survability.

Debatable.

Armor is the same = Medium.

By going into cover they gain a 20% ranged defense, which is nothing to sneeze at. If they go behind physical cover, as long as they don't peek out they have 100% reduction on normal attacks. That's huge. They have defensive cooldowns, such as shield probe, evasion and ballistic shield. They have quite a few defensive talents - Ballistic Dampeners, etc.

I would say against most opponents, a sniper is at least as survivable as a Mara.

Not to mention 20 second CC immunity on 60 second cooldown called Entrench. That, by itself, is arguably THE best ability in the whole darn game, when coupled with the fact that while in cover they cannot be interrupted.

Don't like dieing go roll a ranged eazy mode class. Should be able to master tracer/grav round/force lightning/telekentic spamming.

Who the hell likes dying? All that statement says is roll a class that isn't marauder because mara is needlessly tedious and complex to play competently relative to other classes.

Who the hell likes dying? All that statement says is roll a class that isn't marauder because mara is needlessly tedious and complex to play competently relative to other classes.

I don't mind dying cause 90% of the time something else is gonna die with me. So yeah.....

He was complaining about the marauder being complex and hard basically. So I said go roll a ezmode class if you can't handle it

I LOVE Marauder, my only gripe is the crap looking gear compared to Jugg.

A prime example is the lvl 40 pvp sets, the Jugg version is awesome looking (some would say an ideal Marauder look) while the Marauder gets a tank top, skirt and a radio backpack.

I don't mind dying cause 90% of the time something else is gonna die with me. So yeah.....

He was complaining about the marauder being complex and hard basically. So I said go roll a ezmode class if you can't handle it

What kind of mental illness is it that gives you satisfaction from working 2-3x harder than someone else to end up in the same place?

What kind of mental illness is it that gives you satisfaction from working 2-3x harder than someone else to end up in the same place?

it doesnt matter... w/e he likes to play... plain an simple if you cant learn a class that isnt broken and it makes you have no fun roll another... plain an simple. bioware said this was going to be the class for ppl who LIKE a challenge. if u wana runa 2 button spammer be my guest but they made this class for the ppl who dont like easy, whats fun for us is a challenge so stop trying to take our fun. wana do a melee that isnt hard go jugg or assasin

lol that's so worthless

I don't mind dying if I accomplish something, but killing a random scrub in pvp? I'd like to have a K/D ratio better than 1 XD

What's the problem with all the guys bashing whoever says that marauder needs tweaking? It's true. The stuff the OP wrote, it's true. Why get so defensive over it? Does it make you rage, if someone points out the class limits?

lol that's so worthless

I don't mind dying if I accomplish something, but killing a random scrub in pvp? I'd like to have a K/D ratio better than 1 XD

What's the problem with all the guys bashing whoever says that marauder needs tweaking? It's true. The stuff the OP wrote, it's true. Why get so defensive over it? Does it make you rage, if someone points out the class limits?

no they dont need tweaking... we have all the tools we need at our disposal. and if used CORRECTLY we slaughter. BW said this was the class for the ppl who like a challenge.. some ppl are kicking as swith this class and are having a blast cus its fun to be challenged... if your getting rocked its your own fault for not applying yourself and/or learning... stop trying to dumbdown the class and steal our fun.. go roll a jugg or assasin if melee is ur game and you dont want a challenge

no they dont need tweaking... we have all the tools we need at our disposal. and if used CORRECTLY we slaughter. BW said this was the class for the ppl who like a challenge.. some ppl are kicking as swith this class and are having a blast cus its fun to be challenged... if your getting rocked its your own fault for not applying yourself and/or learning... stop trying to dumbdown the class and steal our fun.. go roll a jugg or assasin if melee is ur game and you dont want a challenge

The class does need tweaking, don't be a fanboy - no one's gonna burn your house down if you admit it. Quote me where BW said it's a class for the people who like a challenge, or it didn't happen. On the other hand, I can totally quote BW saying that they are looking into the class to improve its user friendliness, ie, it's gonna be streamlined (which is quite needed). They did talk about buffing melee, and marauder is melee. Some people dance on a steel cable, doesn't mean it's practical. I'm not "getting rocked" with my marauder more than anyone else here, thank you very much (ad hominem fallacy, cheers - nice try though), but I like to have fun when I play. Guardian, Scoundrel, Sniper, Bounty Hunter, to me, all play better than marauder. Am I just good at everything else but marauder? Really?

You still haven't answered the question - it's not like anyone's personally attacking YOU, for god's sake.

The class does need tweaking, don't be a fanboy - no one's gonna burn your house down if you admit it. Quote me where BW said it's a class for the people who like a challenge, or it didn't happen. On the other hand, I can totally quote BW saying that they are looking into the class to improve its user friendliness, ie, it's gonna be streamlined (which is quite needed). They did talk about buffing melee, and marauder is melee. Some people dance on a steel cable, doesn't mean it's practical. I'm not "getting rocked" with my marauder more than anyone else here, thank you very much (ad hominem fallacy, cheers - nice try though), but I like to have fun when I play. Guardian, Scoundrel, Sniper, Bounty Hunter, to me, all play better than marauder. Am I just good at everything else but marauder? Really?

You still haven't answered the question - it's not like anyone's personally attacking YOU, for god's sake.

if im a fanboy... then im a fanboy of liking a challenge. you want easy? roll another class case closed. the class is fine if it were broken all the mara's would be complaining but seeing as how there are so many kicking *** i say nope it is l2play or roll an easier class issue

if im a fanboy... then im a fanboy of liking a challenge. you want easy? roll another class case closed. the class is fine if it were broken all the mara's would be complaining but seeing as how there are so many kicking *** i say nope it is l2play or roll an easier class issue

lol ok, so pick up fraps and show us your leet skills, so you can clearly shut me down forever :) go ahead

it doesnt matter... w/e he likes to play... plain an simple if you cant learn a class that isnt broken and it makes you have no fun roll another... plain an simple. bioware said this was going to be the class for ppl who LIKE a challenge. if u wana runa 2 button spammer be my guest but they made this class for the ppl who dont like easy, whats fun for us is a challenge so stop trying to take our fun. wana do a melee that isnt hard go jugg or assasin

I believe theyve actually stated Marauder is too complex. There is a difference between a high skill cap and being tedious. You shouldnt need to be able to play the piano to play a class, but no one wants tracer missle spam either.

lol that's so worthless

This isn't some kind of FPS game. I really don't think someone will really care what your K/D ratio will be at the end.

I for one don't run with a 1 k/d. Usually it's 25+ kills and maybe 5 deaths.

But who cares

I believe theyve actually stated Marauder is too complex. There is a difference between a high skill cap and being tedious. You shouldnt need to be able to play the piano to play a class, but no one wants tracer missle spam either.

bioware says that the skill delay was a problem which has been resolved for the most part... they never once said that it was to complex... i still stick by my saying that if so many are kicking *** with it then apparently its not the toon its the player. i dont wana be a dick if you wana be beast and rock the class ask for help but i have no respect for the ppl who qq without an atempt to learn because i sure as hell dont want bioware touchiong it cus i like the challenge

This isn't some kind of FPS game. I really don't think someone will really care what your K/D ratio will be at the end.

I for one don't run with a 1 k/d. Usually it's 25+ kills and maybe 5 deaths.

But who cares

yeah, pretty much. too bad that I get 40 with a guardian.

bioware says that the skill delay was a problem which has been resolved for the most part... they never once said that it was to complex... i still stick by my saying that if so many are kicking *** with it then apparently its not the toon its the player. i dont wana be a dick if you wana be beast and rock the class ask for help but i have no respect for the ppl who qq without an atempt to learn because i sure as hell dont want bioware touchiong it cus i like the challenge

You expect me to believe you are "beasting" when you cant even speak properly? lol

People can troll all they want, and there are people who will refuse to believe they can be beaten. With every underpowered class there will be people who will say they are amazing. The only lesson you can really learn is to think on this,

Is anyone ever mad when they get killed by a Marauder (in a relatively fair fight)?

If not, even a highly skilled player isnt winning by as much as he should be, meaning that no matter your skill you are not doing as well as you could as another class.

I know I havent seen it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.