Gettin my new gaming pc in afew days! Cant wait to play this game!!!!!!

Dmartelli

Cyberpower is a decent choice when you don't feel comfortable building your own pc. The social media manager for their sales team is someone I'm good friends with though, so I may have a slightly biased opinion of them.

I still prefer to build my own though. There is a lot of money to be saved if you can build it yourself, and you get a lot more control over the brand names for each part that goes into the rig. My only complaint with Cyberpower is you don't always get the most appropriate motherboard, video card, or hard drive for really good overclocking. Instead you tend to get the high end models from budget brands, which are fine because they meet all the same specifications as the same part from a competitive major brand, however the ability to overclock is typically much safer and easy to do with the major brands that you typically don't see in a rig build by a company like Cyberpower.

I agree, i wanted to build my own but im new to this whole thing. I didn't want to spend the money just to break something or ruin something and have to get it fixed anyways. I'm gonna do more research and learning and my next rig is definitely gonna be home built. even if i upgrade when this machine starts getting old. Im gonna take the plunge and do it myself.

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. Heres the way i look at ToR...

I am a HUGE starwars fan, a HUGE mass effect fan, and a HUGE wow fan. You merge those games into a beautiful cocktail of awesomeness and you get SWtoR and then you have me blowing money on a new rig to play it haha. But i had been meaning to get a new pc anyways ive been wanting to make to transition from console gaming to pc gaming for quite some time now. But the day i get the rig cant come sooner! time is inching by and when it gets here im gonna jump in the air and kick my shoes off in a fit of joy haha

Always good to find an excuse to update computer hardware!! :D :D :D :D :D

Edited by Maeleena

I am a HUGE starwars fan, a HUGE mass effect fan, and a HUGE wow fan. You merge those games into a beautiful cocktail of awesomeness and you get SWtoR and then you have me blowing money on a new rig to play it haha. But i had been meaning to get a new pc anyways ive been wanting to make to transition from console gaming to pc gaming for quite some time now. But the day i get the rig cant come sooner! time is inching by and when it gets here im gonna jump in the air and kick my shoes off in a fit of joy haha

Nice to hear someone transitioning from console to PC. More and more people are doing the opposite and it's fueled by the developers pushing consoles so hard. They charge the same for the games but they're much more simple to code for console... then when you do get a PC game it was obviously developed for a console and ported to PC. Now I'm ranting, but yeah... PC or die.

I agree, i wanted to build my own but im new to this whole thing. I didn't want to spend the money just to break something or ruin something and have to get it fixed anyways. I'm gonna do more research and learning and my next rig is definitely gonna be home built. even if i upgrade when this machine starts getting old. Im gonna take the plunge and do it myself.

Yeah, start with upgrading first. It can be pretty frustrating to track down problems like DOA parts if you're new to it.

Nice to hear someone transitioning from console to PC. More and more people are doing the opposite and it's fueled by the developers pushing consoles so hard. They charge the same for the games but they're much more simple to code for console... then when you do get a PC game it was obviously developed for a console and ported to PC. Now I'm ranting, but yeah... PC or die.

The main reason companies do console only games, is because piracy is much much MUCH less of an issue, becuase to pirate games people need to actually soder hardware onto their rigs, and sorry, but most people (myself included) will not risk bricking my ps3 for a $60 game, but for PC, anyone can mess with software, because it won't physically hurt your machine, but rather the game will just not run if you do it wrong.

I know exactly how you feel. I spent my entire income tax refund on newegg yesterday ordering all the new parts for a new gaming rig for myself. I've been running on an old rig I built 4 years ago around an Intel Core2Duo E8500.

The first shipment of parts should be arriving today, but I won't be able to put anything together for another day or two because the case I ordered for my new build was shipped from a different warehouse than the rest of the parts and won't arrive until Thursday I think.

My new rig is going to be amazing.

i7 2600K

2 EVGA GTX 560 Ti SC in SLI

Zalman 9600 HSF

EVGA P67 FTW mobo

OZC Vertex 3 SSD

2 WD Caviar Black 500 GB @ 6.0 GB/s (I may stripe them, haven't decided)

8 GB GSkill Ripjaws 2133 DDR3

850 watt Corsair Professional Series Modular PSU

Antec 900 TWO V3 case

I love building my own rig though. It's a very rewarding and satisfying experience for me!

The main reason companies do console only games, is because piracy is much much MUCH less of an issue, becuase to pirate games people need to actually soder hardware onto their rigs, and sorry, but most people (myself included) will not risk bricking my ps3 for a $60 game, but for PC, anyone can mess with software, because it won't physically hurt your machine, but rather the game will just not run if you do it wrong.

Yeah I'm not buying piracy as the excuse, particularly when most new titles require an online account and therefor cannot be pirated. I'm not talking about console only titles. I'm talking about PC games that are so featureless and watered down that they were obviously designed for a console and ported to PC but without the extra features you'd expect from a PC game. Take Skyrim for example. Probably going to be my last Bethesda game if they keep shoving this console crap down my throat. I shouldn't need a 3rd party enthusiast to give me decent game menus or functioning keybinds. Morrowind had more features than Oblivion or Skyrim. Why are we going backwards?

It is FAR cheaper to develop a game for 1 or 2 systems than millions of combinations and you can clearly see Microsoft pushing the XBOX over PC gaming even on their own OS. They've made agreements with developers to release DLC for XBOX before any other platform.

Yeah I'm not buying piracy as the excuse, particularly when most new titles require an online account and therefor cannot be pirated.

Any game that comes out can be pirated easily, even the ones that require an online account. I'm not going to get into an argument over this, but suffice it to say you are not correct in your assumption.

Only MMO's like WoW and SWTOR can be immune to piracy because the entire game is played online.

I know exactly how you feel. I spent my entire income tax refund on newegg yesterday ordering all the new parts for a new gaming rig for myself. I've been running on an old rig I built 4 years ago around an Intel Core2Duo E8500.

The first shipment of parts should be arriving today, but I won't be able to put anything together for another day or two because the case I ordered for my new build was shipped from a different warehouse than the rest of the parts and won't arrive until Thursday I think.

My new rig is going to be amazing.

i7 2600K

2 EVGA GTX 560 Ti SC in SLI

Zalman 9600 HSF

EVGA P67 FTW mobo

OZC Vertex 3 SSD

2 WD Caviar Black 500 GB @ 6.0 GB/s (I may stripe them, haven't decided)

8 GB GSkill Ripjaws 2133 DDR3

850 watt Corsair Professional Series Modular PSU

Antec 900 TWO V3 case

I love building my own rig though. It's a very rewarding and satisfying experience for me!

Haha... very similar story here. e8500 system built about 4 years ago. Been wanting to upgrade memory from 4gigs for awhile but DDR2 was about double the price of DDR3... finally got tired of load times in SWTOR and BF3 and started looking at SSDs. $1800 later round 1 is on the way. I -almost- went with a x79 board so I could run dual x16 rather than x8/x8 but just couldn't justify the difference in price.

i5-2500k (intend to hit 4.5ghz+)

G.SKILL Ripjaws 16GB DDR3 2133

Samsung 830 Series MZ 256GB SSD

XFX Radeon HD 6970

Gigabyte GA-Z68-XP-UD3P

Cooler Master HAF X Blue Edition case

+++

When you make the transition to building your own start by doing upgrades.

Also do all the research on the parts and watch a lot of videos on youTube as well. Be mindful of Front Side Bus for the hardware and ensure the motherboard supports the FSB speeds you want to use with the memory and other hardware. A low FSB is a very common bottleneck in system performance and you don't hear it discussed very often so it's easy for a novice to overlook this feature and end up with a budget motherboard that doesn't support the higher FSB speeds.

I learned to build my own rig by watching videos and reading How To's on the web though. I work in IT too, but I'm a code junky programmer who really didn't spend any time in college learning about hardware. I'm pretty much self-taught when it comes to hardware.

Another good source of information and product reviews is http://www.tomshardware.com and http://www.bittech.com.

i downloaded this game and my pc just wasnt up to par to play it right, so i ordered a nice new machine from cyberpower and its on the way, i can not wait to jump into this game and follow the light side of the force!!

Stop now and rethink your life.

Any game that comes out can be pirated easily, even the ones that require an online account. I'm not going to get into an argument over this, but suffice it to say you are not correct in your assumption.

Only MMO's like WoW and SWTOR can be immune to piracy because the entire game is played online.

You're going to start the discussion but not finish it? Yes, you can often fool the games into playing offline. It's also possible to burn PS3 games or just install them to the HDD on a hacked PS3. None of this has anything to do with why Skyrim feels archaic in comparison to Morrowind, and that's just one example. Piracy is a factor yes, but it's not as big a factor as what they save in development costs between consoles and PCs... and of course they'd never own up to that.

Very good indeed! I already having a gaming PC but its starting to show its age, so sometime this year am gonna upgrade it more. However, this game is very good, it still has some FPS issues, so even on a hardcore mechine like yours, it will still run very slow in places. It doesn't mean you PC is terrible. Just means the game still needs patching. I suggest you bang Crysis and Metro 2033 to really test your mechine :)!

his only issue will be that hd6850 at decent resolutions.

Hi, i ordered the gamer scorpius 8000, but i made some changes to it. heres the stats:

Thermaltake Commander Mid-Tower Gaming Case

Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)

[CrossFireX] GigaByte GA-970A-D3 AMD 970 Socket AM3+ ATX Mainboard w/ On/Off Charge, 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe X16, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI

8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory

AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card

I upgraded to the 650 Watts - Thermaltake TR2 RX Modular 80 Plus PSU - PN: TRX-650M

And they were offering the 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 SATA III 6.0Gb/s SSD for the hard drive but im not really interested in solidstates at the moment, i want alot of space so i changed to it 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD

AMD FX-4100 3.60 GHz Quad-Core AM3+ CPU 4MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology

Pro OC (Performance Overclock 10% or more)

and this machine comes with a mouse, speakers, and keyboard so i ordered:

22" Widescreen 1680x1050 TFT Active Matrix LCD Display

Because i want to set this baby up and start downloading ToR the second the ups guy leaves my porch lmao.

JEsus Christ at least drop a raid on that *****!

Why? I looked that card up and on reviews it was said to be a great card for running ultra resolutions.

i'm talking running ultra settings at higher display resolutioner... 1920x1080 to be more specific...

and dont get me wrong, it is a great entry level enthusiast card, but its not going to max out the more demanding games out there.

Come one what type of negative, mood-draining, fun-removing comments do you have? lol

He means that the "Bulldozer" is shoveling dirt with a scoop. The processor you got isn't in any league with any Intel Core series. An Core I3 would even have been better. Which would have cost about the same. Test between a FX-8150 vs a I3 2100 It wins on a couple of test, but keep in mind this is currently the best FX there is. An Core I5 blows it out of the water.

i'm talking running ultra settings at higher display resolutioner... 1920x1080 to be more specific...

and dont get me wrong, it is a great entry level enthusiast card, but its not going to max out the more demanding games out there.

1080p is hardly high res these days.

It's what most pc gamers would consider average. His card is fine for that res, he just wont be maxing out some games like Skyrim, bf3 or the witches 2 to "ultra" settings.

Im currently running games with an old Nvidia GTX 470 at a native res of 2560x1440 and games run fine, I don't play bf3 though so can't comment to much on that.

Crysis 1,2, Metro 2033 and The Witcher 2 are no problem as long as you go easy on tesselation, ubersampling and AA.

For SWTOR he'll be fine, I suggest he searches the forum for the graphical threads to see about using radeon pro about forcing on mipmaps and LOD to -3 for increased visauls.

Edited by AlValentyn