Transfer credits to new toon on opposite faction?

tylersavesworld

The Nar Shaddaa Hutt Trade Market - it's cross-faction, but is it cross-servers?

I thought it was cross-faction but on the same server (aka not across servers)

Currently there is no "cross-server" anything implemented. And based on the impression from the Development staff, won't be.

Thank you all. So it sounds like my plan to transfer credits will work perfectly. What I am still missing is if it would be considered misuse. I can see how it might be (using GTN for a way it is not intended to be used for).

I doubt they would do anything to you for doing that, since they have yet to weigh in. At worst, they'll just prevent you from bidding on items you posted. At best, they'll institute some policy with the Legacy system to send/share money and items between characters in the same Legacy.

Has anyone actually tried to buy one of their own auctions? In WoW, you are not allowed cannot bid on an auction that you created (using the neutral AHs). If they did the same thing in SWTOR, then you won't be able to buy the item you put up for sale. So you might want to do some checking before you put too much effort into this plan.

Just in case... You do realize/remember that you cannot get your "new alt" to Nar Shaddaa until they have their own spaceship, right? So the lowbie you're trying to get money to will actually be about 17-ish by the time they can get to the GTN to sell their item. It'll still be helpful, just not at those really early levels.

I doubt they would do anything to you for doing that, since they have yet to weigh in. At worst, they'll just prevent you from bidding on items you posted. At best, they'll institute some policy with the Legacy system to send/share money and items between characters in the same Legacy.

Has anyone actually tried to buy one of their own auctions? In WoW, you are not allowed cannot bid on an auction that you created (using the neutral AHs). If they did the same thing in SWTOR, then you won't be able to buy the item you put up for sale. So you might want to do some checking before you put too much effort into this plan.

Just in case... You do realize/remember that you cannot get your "new alt" to Nar Shaddaa until they have their own spaceship, right? So the lowbie you're trying to get money to will actually be about 17-ish by the time they can get to the GTN to sell their item. It'll still be helpful, just not at those really early levels.

Thank you very much for the information

Edited by tylersavesworld

All you would need is at least one character on each faction to be able to get to Nar Shadda and then you can use the mail system for the rest.

Thank you all. So it sounds like my plan to transfer credits will work perfectly. What I am still missing is if it would be considered misuse. I can see how it might be (using GTN for a way it is not intended to be used for).

This isn't misuse. I would do this all the time with the goblin auction houses in WoW. :)