Want to become a good Juggernaut tank fast?

sanctified

Do PVP warzones. Seriously.

Step 1: Spec for immortal, and assign yourself the task of keeping your teammates alive. Even the idiot sorcerers who don't throw you any heals. Don't worry about your dps score, just focus on staying alive and getting as many protection points as you can. Do this for an entire level.

Step 2: Tank a flash point. Notice how much easier it is when what you're fighting doesn't have a human brain behind it?

Warzone tanking will teach you all about managing your rage resource, timing your cooldowns, and keeping track of what's attacking your team. Your situational awareness (the ability to keep track of everything that happens around you, which is very important for good tanking) will grow bigger than the Grinch's heart on Christmas eve.

Spending a few levels playing goalie for the spastic durps you'll meet during your PVP career will hone your reaction time to perfection. Nothing Will get past you.

That's my take on it.

Edited by sanctified

Do PVP warzones. Seriously.

Step 1: Spec for immortal, and assign yourself the task of keeping your teammates alive. Even the idiot sorcerers who don't throw you any heals. Don't worry about your dps score, just focus on staying alive and getting as many protection points as you can. Do this for an entire level.

Step 2: Tank a flash point. Notice how much easier it is when what you're fighting doesn't have a human brain behind it?

Warzone tanking will teach you all about managing your rage resource, timing your cooldowns, and keeping track of what's attacking your team. Your situational awareness (the ability to keep track of everything that happens around you, which is very important for good tanking) will grow bigger than the Grinch's heart on Christmas eve.

Spending a few levels playing goalie for the spastic durps you'll meet during your PVP career will hone your reaction time to perfection. Nothing Will get past you.

That's my take on it.

Except your job is to learn to -tank- a mob. Not just "defend the others". They're gonna have agro because you don't know your class, or rotation.

Go into a WZ and do 70-100K Damage and 30K protects while in your 30s. Profit.

Except your job is to learn to -tank- a mob. Not just "defend the others". They're gonna have agro because you don't know your class, or rotation.

Go into a WZ and do 70-100K Damage and 30K protects while in your 30s. Profit.

It's all about getting your reaction time up. If you'd read what I wrote instead of skimming through it, you'd have realized that was my point. What's the biggest complaint about new tanks? The noobs are too damn slow.

Or .. go out to illum and do some big boy pvp. really learn your class, and then get better in the easier warzone environments.

:)

If only Illum actually had PvP I might agree, but what's there right now is vastly inferior to what happens in the WZs even with the idiots who afk. At least I don't have to drive around for 15 minutes to find someone to fight.

Or .. go out to illum and do some big boy pvp. really learn your class, and then get better in the easier warzone environments.

:)

I didn't realize "zerging" down smaller groups of the enemy while dealing with huge ability delay/lag was "big boy pvp". Silly me :rolleyes: /sarcasm

While I despise arenas in WoW and hope to god they don't bring them here, smaller group coordination>bigger group coordination. The smaller a group is, the more finely tuned you have to be in order to succeed. Larger groups can rely upon an enemies mistakes or create openings by just focus firing a single target, smaller groups have to use intuitive use of interrupts,stuns,knockbacks,mezzes in order to overcome an equally skilled group.