Stay Sorc Or Go Bounty

sixfreshcookies

I was hoping to get your side of the story BHS out there. I brought my sorc to level 50 and got my first champion gear piece. I was wondering, should I stick with my sorc for pvp or go mercenary. I like the whole turret idea, being able to take down lots of people but being fodder when targeted. I was just wondering in any veterans opinion who does more damage? and who you think has the better heals?

I would say stay sorc, but it depends.

Sorcs are far more able to impact a WZ when they queue up solo; a BH is much more team-reliant. Sorcs are also absolute beasts as dot/heals hybrid once they're geared and far better in 1v1 situations. However, if you queue up with friends often and have a reliable healer in your group, BH might end up being more fun. It comes down to this: what do you prefer more, big numbers and pew-pewing, or utility, cc and being a jack of all trades?

Hard to really tell on damage at the moment without meters.

But it seems to me that Merc/powertech DPS is up at the top along with operative (until their completely unnecessary armor pen nerf) followed by the rest.

I say this from my experiences and putting together hm groups and seeing split dps on bosses and such. I'm sure there are exceptions and variances though, but no way to really tell without damage meters.

I have a sorcerer level 50, a 50 Merc, and a 45 assassin...the Sorcerer being the best gear with all champion gear except the weapon. I find that the sorcerer is much more smushy than the Merc against pvp geared people. You will have all kinds of stealthers on you all the time as a sorcerer, everyone wants to take you out.

The merc has better kiting abilities, and more dps because you don't have to sit still, you just kite kite kite people around. Sure the sorceror can use the two dots and death field on the run but it's nothing like the damage a merc can do on the run and kite. If you're aloud to sit back and just pew pew with a sorcerer it's great dps, but usually people see you and they gun for you, because everyone hates the sorcerer and try to kill them first.

I die less with the less geared merc that I have with the sorcerer and I am usually top 1 or 2 damage/kills/medals in wz's with the mercenary. About the only thing I miss while playing the merc that my sorc has is the ability to drag a teammate to me when we're playing huttball.

I have a sorcerer level 50, a 50 Merc, and a 45 assassin...the Sorcerer being the best gear with all champion gear except the weapon. I find that the sorcerer is much more smushy than the Merc against pvp geared people. You will have all kinds of stealthers on you all the time as a sorcerer, everyone wants to take you out.

The merc has better kiting abilities, and more dps because you don't have to sit still, you just kite kite kite people around. Sure the sorceror can use the two dots and death field on the run but it's nothing like the damage a merc can do on the run and kite. If you're aloud to sit back and just pew pew with a sorcerer it's great dps, but usually people see you and they gun for you, because everyone hates the sorcerer and try to kill them first.

I die less with the less geared merc that I have with the sorcerer and I am usually top 1 or 2 damage/kills/medals in wz's with the mercenary. About the only thing I miss while playing the merc that my sorc has is the ability to drag a teammate to me when we're playing huttball.

so you are pyro merc?