Bioware, this is pretty shady.

KipMalice

by that logic your CE items are also useless(aside from the bike). So they should just get rid of them

Technically the CE items are useless... but even so, they do actually do things- mostly animation style things like shoot a flare.

If the CE items had no use whatsoever beyond sitting in your bag- sure. Frankly, I don't think anyone cared for anything other than the mount and non combat pet...

The medal, after giving the title, would have actually zero use- not even an animation or anything.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds kinda awesome when you think about it... except it isn't like that- you can use a light saber and a helmet both, you can use a title... you can't use a medal in this game.

Who cares if you can use a medal? How did we know it wasn't going to be a relic or something? Some sort of item that unlocked another vendor for people.

Why do you insist on focusing on something that doesn't matter. Do you just want to argue? The verbiage they used was misleading. Using AND infers two items, regardless of usefulness. In the end you have 1 item.

I'm going to take my founders title...take pictures of it, and all those that unsubscribed, then demanding they get the same...findd out where you're posting next and show said pictures. Ohhh...the feel of founders title...mmmm, you do me right baby.

It's not really shady considering they display the item itself showing you it's a on use item to give the title..

As a completionist, I'm glad it doesn't stick in my inventory,... that would be one more spot in a limited amount of spots I could fill.. I'd have to delete a companion customization that I'm never going to use or something!

That sounds kinda awesome when you think about it... except it isn't like that- you can use a light saber and a helmet both, you can use a title... you can't use a medal in this game.

You can use a badge. It's not a stretch to think you can also use a medal. I'm sure many people thought this was just another social item like the badge

Seriously? You're complaining about a few pixles that disappear from your fictional inventory and is replace by a bunch of text over your characters head?

No, you obviously don't understand. I am talking about the verbiage they used inferring two items. Good lord are all people this dense?

I got the medal - check

I used the medal - check

I got the title - check

Where's the problem? You wanted another item rotting in your inventory? Or did you think it was supposed to go around your neck? There's no slot for medals.

I don't feel scammed or ripped off at all. I got everything they promised.

Hey, if you value an in game- unusuable medal at the same level as a diamond- I'll get you all the medals you want.

Did I know it was an unusable item before I /used it to claim my title? Nope, I was under the impression that I was receiving two completely different items.

Read the post and I am pretty sure it says you will get two items. Not one item that you /use to claim the other item...

I got the medal - check

I used the medal - check

I got the title - check

Where's the problem? You wanted another item rotting in your inventory? Or did you think it was supposed to go around your neck? There's no slot for medals.

I don't feel scammed or ripped off at all. I got everything they promised.

lol wut? thats like saying

I was promised a million dollars and a house.

I got the million

I bought a house with the million

I got a house

uhh.. right

Edited by youwillburn

No, you obviously don't understand. I am talking about the verbiage they used inferring two items. Good lord are all people this dense?

Are you really that pissed that you "use" the medal that you can't show anyone except by displaying the title "using" it gets you? All the medal will do if it wasn't a "use" item would be to "use" storage space.

See people read announcements like that and assume they are getting more then they are without reading it.

Maybe they could have worded it better sure but this is a case of doesn't matter.

Self set expectations people, self set.

Are you really that pissed that you "use" the medal that you can't show anyone except by displaying the title "using" it gets you? All the medal will do if it wasn't a "use" item would be to "use" storage space.

Why is this so hard to understand? I don't care about the actual items. I care about Bioware misleading it's customer base with shady verbiage.

2 items is not 1 item.

If they didn't cash it in, then what is your point? It's still there for you to look at. But it's as useful as the medal.

I thought you meant cash as sold it. My bad. The point it, they weren't promised a 2 things. They were promised 1, a mount and that what they got. The problem right now is if they said, you get a miniature hover craft and a mount, and it turns out they're the same thing.

Did I know it was an unusable item before I /used it to claim my title? Nope, I was under the impression that I was receiving two completely different items.

Read the post and I am pretty sure it says you will get two items. Not one item that you /use to claim the other item...

Honestly, what did you expect to be able to do with the medal?

Why is this so hard to understand? I don't care about the actual items. I care about Bioware misleading it's customer base with shady verbiage.

2 items is not 1 item.

"Misleading" them over two completely fictitious items? Seriously? Customer service crews and and store managers the world over must tremble at your approach. They know that with you will come a giant tide of nitpicking and selective comprehension.

2 items is not 1 item.

I wasn't misled. Medals are just currency in the game anyways. I already had an idea that it was something to be cashed in. But that's just me.

2 items is not 1 item.

And what would you do with the medal in your inventory? Damn, the medal IS a /use item... AND? Screw it, you've got the title, so what? Give, give, give... i could puke.

Who cares if you can use a medal? How did we know it wasn't going to be a relic or something? Some sort of item that unlocked another vendor for people.

Why do you insist on focusing on something that doesn't matter. Do you just want to argue? The verbiage they used was misleading. Using AND infers two items, regardless of usefulness. In the end you have 1 item.

Why do you insist on focusing on something that doesn't matter? Do you just want to argue? Because a useless medal isn't something that matters nearly as much as you're making it out to.

http://www.swtor.com/info/founders

The info even shows you exactly what the medal looks like, look at what the use is. That's how I knew it wasn't going to be a relic or something.

You're saying they didn't tell you what it does... then say 'well it could have done this' even though there was zero indication it would- and that's reason to get angry?