PvP is Dead

Kermiit

Cross-server WZ will not happen because BioWare understands that the mass population of the game is still leveling; thus, even if they begin to code this "silver bullet" solution to a very small population of players today, by the time they test it and roll it out the problem should have corrected itself. Most servers have not matured five weeks into a new MMO.

Sadly, what most of you lack is either experience with MMO/MMO launches, or simply lack any foresight. This is a non-issue with-in a month.

Incorrect.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I should say as well that pre-1.1 it was much better populated and I was having a great time.....separating 50's came too early and frankly they haven't survived

Since I'm on a high-pop server, I'm glad that they split it already, but I can see how it's a detriment to the low pop. Seems like Bioware should have seen that coming...

Sadly, what most of you lack is either experience with MMO/MMO launches, or simply lack any foresight. This is a non-issue with-in a month.

Have you seen the population charts? Go look and see how they are going down, not up. The first few weeks, things were ok on the low pop servers, but now that the zerg is over, it's empty. It's not just going to resolve itself.

'move to another server' is not a valid response.

Bioware must make battlegroups. end of story.

This is why we NEED arena and rated bg's. Mostly arena 3v3 or 4v4 or even 5v5. Who cares, its pvp we can do in small groups and making it cross server guarantees we can pvp at the drop of a hat when the mood strikes us.

Server merges are valid and needed asking someone to reroll is not. I'm 55 valor, 4.5 million credits, max affection, max crafting and 95% of datacrons.

The sad thing is this still wont fix the imbalance is will only up the population for the servers

No!

There is no need for cross-server WZ queue. I'm sorry but just because there are people who can not have a good PvP experience on smaller servers it means that we have to ruin the PvP system to accommodate them. Right now on other servers there are rivalries being formed, PvP is personal, and important. I do not want to face a bunch of meaningless players for x-server just because some people got gipped. This is the reason why I rolled on a RP-PvP server so other servers do not contaminate our experience.

I play on a very populated server and do NOT share your opinion towards those players on the lower populated servers. It's not YOUR RIGHT to be segregated since YOUR money is so much MORE than theirs- everyone pays equal and should be treated accordingly...which means having access to the same content in the same fashion regardless of server chosen under a specific classification.

It is not up to the consumer to correct or address these problems.

In Sluis Shipyards PvP queues been dead as well lately..in fact,theres hardly enough people to do anything besides siting in their respective fleets and log out of boredorm.It was fun leveling and all,but still felt like a single player experience (with excellent voice overs mind you) and when you hit 50 may as well move on back to Wow.Guess its way to early to judge but thats hardly a reason to ignore the facts.

Cheers

Yeah the reason why PVP on your server is dead is because once you hit 50 it's a done deal for PVP unless you are a lucky charms in your *** type of guy and got some gear.

Trust me my Guardian is no fun to play in WZ. I maybe do 1.5k damage and I'm on vigilance spec. Of course my dispatch probably hits harder, but I have to get them that low first. I'm no slouch and know my class, but hopefully they fix this game for you guys because I'm out!

X-server BGs is what ruined BGs in WoW. It totally ruins the pvp community on servers. Would be fine with cross server Seasoned Arenas, but leave warzones out of it. It's a great feeling when you're head-on-head with the BEST republic pvp guild on your server and win. Rivalries are great for server communities. X-server RATED Arenas with set teams would be nice (2v2, 3v3, RvR), but having that server community is valuable result of having single server UNRATED WZs.

50 PVP is far from dead on my server. Our pop is not heavy, but there are a few notable guilds on both Republic and Empire sides that put up great fights. Ilum, on the other hand, has it's issues, but WZ-wise we have awesome rivalries set up between the guilds on our server.

For servers with small pops, perhaps it's time for some server mergers?

Edited by JudauVidan

It is a perfectly valid response. Cross server warzones are not needed or wanted because they will kill the pvp community. Server merges on the other hand are a good idea.

/boggle........really? So......a server merger, that you have no control over, nor any idea which servers you'll then be pitted against once merged, is just fine and dandy, but introducing a larger player pool into PvP is just not going to work................really? You did read what you just wrote right? And thought it through.....and posted it........

Here's a prediction for you, tag the post so you can refer back too it. In 6 months, you'll know everyone that's still PvPing in this game with all of the servers in the same pool.

Sorry but this one is on you for rolling empire...

You realize being empire has nothing to do with it right? cause hutball will play empire vs empire teams. Its not a matter of what faction you are its the fact they made a 50 only bracket when like 1% of the total population is 50. On top of that poeple like me who already have a character that has rank 60 valor has no reason to pvp once I finish my daily since battlemasters tokens are only aval from the daily / weekly.

No point paying monthly fees for a single player game,I know something will be done eventually but thats really not very comfortable.I thought they were exagerating when they said dont rush to 50 because once there may as well delete character and start again..no kidding lol..

My server seems a bit strange, empire out number republic (yes i have checked using a lvl 1 alt), empire have far more people in ilum, and yet when it comes to warzones we sometimes get republic vs republic huttball. Average wait time for a warzone is under 5 mins for me, sometimes its almost instantaneous and other times it can take 10 mins. When pugging republic tend to win as many as we lose (am talking about level 50). Personally I like the warzones on my server, just wish something could be done about ilum to make it more worthwhile to visit.

Guy buys a PC game, installs it, logs in, follows the developers suggestion to NOT roll on one of the full servers with queue.

Guy is now on a dead server and cannot play the game.

Response from some forum posters. Its your fault, suck it up. My server is not dead and thus it is not a problem.:rolleyes:

Ppl were screaming that they have hour long queue and that won't do so they are rolling on less populated servers ... surprise !!! Anyway ... BW should just implement server transfers and not put $10 tax on it, but make it free with cooldown.

Guy buys a PC game, installs it, logs in, follows the developers suggestion to NOT roll on one of the full servers with queue.

Guy is now on a dead server and cannot play the game.

Response from some forum posters. Its your fault, suck it up. My server is not dead and thus it is not a problem.:rolleyes:

Basically, this is spot on.

I would feel ripped off if they introduced BGs tbh. I and many many more people I know came to SWTOR because they were dissapointed with WoW, and one of the biggest mistakes they did was introduce cross server play. From bgs to instances, you basicly end up either going with guildies or the people you know, or complete strangers. I came here hoping things will play out different, making cross server pvp would be the first step in a long walkway of blizzard mistakes.