Combat Medic Hammershot

Viktrus

if it chained one of two things would happen:

1. healing lets say up to 3 people for free would make it op so they wouldn't do it or

2. When it chains to a 2nd and 3rd person it has diminishing returns and since it heals for only a little bit the others it chained to would receive meaningless amounts of heal.

I like the idea but I don't see a way it would happen.

HS heals for 1/4-1/3 of our other heals as it is. If you chained it to 3 people with diminishing returns like Chain Heal from WoW, the later heals would be for so little as to be almost unnoticed. Roughly 422 Healing in Tionese gear, would become 278 on the second and 139 on the final.

Full strength for 3+ people would make it overpowered, as then it approaches the power of KB, but with no cost, no cooldown, and doesn't add the buff.

What would be nice is to make it chain as a combo with KB. This would buff the objectively terrible KB, keep the chain on a short cooldown, and add some measure of ammo cost (have to cast KB). Let it chain if it hits someone with the KB buff, which would up the healing it does and apply light aoe when we have already said we need AoE heals (by casting KB). If you use KB for the buff on the tank, this would also let us weave in a little light aoe healing on the melee dps or OT when we use HS in our MT rotation.

What would be nice is to make it chain as a combo with KB. This would buff the objectively terrible KB, keep the chain on a short cooldown, and add some measure of ammo cost (have to cast KB). Let it chain if it hits someone with the KB buff, which would up the healing it does and apply light aoe when we have already said we need AoE heals (by casting KB). If you use KB for the buff on the tank, this would also let us weave in a little light aoe healing on the melee dps or OT when we use HS in our MT rotation.

This. Awesome idea.

I personally am not going to heal on my combat medic anymore.

I kept hoping to see some great healing spells never happened. I"m level 50 and it sucks.

They are half at best the healers of Sages or any others. I can do hard modes but I'm rapidly developing carpal tunnel.

What kind of sadist puts a mechanic in the game where you never stop taping the 1 key for hammer shot. My fingers go numb sometimes I'm having to mash so many keys.

Sage is like Bubble bubble bubble bubble...hot your tank....dps ..dance ...one single massive heal...oh wait..bubble.

Its joke easy. Save your hands go sage while you still can. Combat Medic is broken.

Shut up and leave troll.. The issue here is we suck terribly at aoe healing.

That is intentional. We are the best at single target healing. As it stands the fact kolto bomb has an AOE at all is pure gravy as I use it more for the increased healing from the residue.

That is intentional. We are the best at single target healing. As it stands the fact kolto bomb has an AOE at all is pure gravy as I use it more for the increased healing from the residue.

This

Make sure to do this also, get 30 stack of CSC pre-pull pop supercharge cell throw KB on your tanks (or CCer and the like) just before the pull and you get a free 10% reduce damage for 15 seconds on them. Some will say but you lose the 3% heal buff ZOMG... yeah its 3% and you prevent during that time 10% damage of 1-3 people guess which one if more efficent.

Also remember to pop supercharge cell often some people forget that its an incredible CD and that it has 1.5 SECONDS CD!! The ramp up time for 30 CSC is so quick you can nearly chain pop it if needed.

For real hard aoe situation just warn your group that instead of having them use defensive CD on random high single target hit, they should use them in aoe phase since we have a harder time healing aoe. Also make sure to tell them to bunch up if possible then pop supercharge cell put kolto bomb before the aoe occurs then enjoy the damage reduction and the no CD on AMP which should cover the damage of any aoe phase.

We dont have the easy aoe that sages have but we have way more different tool just gotta learn to use them.

I personally am not going to heal on my combat medic anymore.

I kept hoping to see some great healing spells never happened. I"m level 50 and it sucks.

They are half at best the healers of Sages or any others. I can do hard modes but I'm rapidly developing carpal tunnel.

What kind of sadist puts a mechanic in the game where you never stop taping the 1 key for hammer shot. My fingers go numb sometimes I'm having to mash so many keys.

Sage is like Bubble bubble bubble bubble...hot your tank....dps ..dance ...one single massive heal...oh wait..bubble.

Its joke easy. Save your hands go sage while you still can. Combat Medic is broken.

Are you kidding? We're tank healers, our job is so much easier than a sage's. We worry about 1-2 people, occasionally tossing an offheal when you have an ammo surplus and the tank is full. the sage worries about the other 7. If your guild is using you for AOE or raid healing instead of a sage it's a pretty fail guild. I barely ever use hammershot in raids.