The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ability "Empowered Tech".... Worth the 5 Points??

seegullz

If you dont need it to hit 50% shield chance then dont talent it. Otherwise I would advise putting 5 points into it for tanking.

Sounds about right. I really think the end of that tank tree is kinda lackluster. any numbers for your 50%?

If you dont need it to hit 50% shield chance then dont talent it. Otherwise I would advise putting 5 points into it for tanking.

People advise hitting the 50% mark because that's the soft cap, aka: point of diminishing returns. Your skill tree talents don't factor into that however, so if you can get it above 50% with the skill tree points then why not?

I currently run with it, but I also am tanking all HM's and doing raids this weekend.

If you plan on tanking, I would say it is definitely worth it, at least until maybe I gear up some and can spec out of it.

Is it required? Umm, probably not. Nothing is required. If you can tank fine without something, then you can tank fine without it. This question totally depends on your skill, your groups skill and of course all the gear each player has.

Is 2% going to make or break your runs? Probably not. Overall, PT seems like a pretty good tank, so we can probably sacrifice some defensive stats if you wanted to. Right now, I am fine with going straight tankage, and will change from this after I gear up some.