Marauders are the best RAIDING DPS.

Tehrin

You heard correct.

Currently I am in Nightmare Mode raids, and honestly Marauders / annihlation specced are the only way to go for melee DPS.

Bloodthirst makes fights like G4-B3 Fabricator Nightmare / Soa Nightmare - a cake walk. Why? Simply put, being able to decide when your entire group will now do 15% more damage is unreplaceable

Berserk will allow us a huge increase in damage output several times during a boss encounter. And the bleeds allow us full control, being able to bleed something and switch to another target - reset your bleed cd with annihlate - and bleed two targets. It is far too overpowered when compared to the other melee DPS

So I say this, as of now - if you are having trouble as a marauder.. you are doing it wrong.

As it stand now, there is no reason to take any melee other than a marauder.

Edited by Tehrin

You think being able to put a weak bleed on 2 targets is op...:rolleyes:

When will this ever be more ideal then just burning 1 target down?

Wow, bloodthirst 15% bonus dmg/healing for 15 seconds, or bring a class that just does 30% more dmg then you all the time.

We're not the best melee class, ops/scoundrals are. Ofc they are getting nerfed soon so this will need to be re-evaluated.

Wow, bloodthirst 15% bonus dmg/healing for 15 seconds, or bring a class that just does 30% more dmg then you all the time.

We're not the best melee class, ops/scoundrals are. Ofc they are getting nerfed soon so this will need to be re-evaluated.

Ops/Scoundrels shine the best in PvP. But Annihilation Marauders in PvE...*Whistle*. Let's just say I give people a run for their money.

What have you raided that gives you the exp to say agents are? Because so far we have no problems in nightmare mode.

Funny, we have 5/5 EV 16 NM and 1/6 KP 16 NM + some 1% wipes on the Bounty Hunters - altough we have at least two (Carnage) Marauders in every raid.

i said stop trolling plz clearly you're exaggerating sir

Arrr, it is too late here. I do not even get trolling :x

;)

5chars

Fo realz though

Funny, we have 5/5 EV 16 NM and 1/6 KP 16 NM + some 1% wipes on the Bounty Hunters - altough we have at least two (Carnage) Marauders in every raid.

Till we get meters or something more reliable than what we have now, there really isn't a strong argument to be made against results like this.

Edited by Sayc

good sustained dps , good survivability some sort of self healing, freaking great fury generation for more dps and some sort of raid healing , great defensive cooldowns ?

I never had a crack at nightmare but being annihilation and not badly geared i don't have to LOS or run out of melee range when everyone else but the tank has to on the 1st and 2nd boss in EV HM , and thus contribute more to the raid dps?

I'm no pve hero being mainly a pvp player but i enjoy playing that class in pve and really feel i contribute to the raid experience.

You heard correct.

Currently I am in Nightmare Mode raids, and honestly Marauders / annihlation specced are the only way to go for melee DPS.

Bloodthirst makes fights like G4-B3 Fabricator Nightmare / Soa Nightmare - a cake walk. Why? Simply put, being able to decide when your entire group will now do 15% more damage is unreplaceable

Berserk will allow us a huge increase in damage output several times during a boss encounter. And the bleeds allow us full control, being able to bleed something and switch to another target - reset your bleed cd with annihlate - and bleed two targets. It is far too overpowered when compared to the other melee DPS

So I say this, as of now - if you are having trouble as a marauder.. you are doing it wrong.

As it stand now, there is no reason to take any melee other than a marauder.

The fact that you claim annihilation spec is the only way to go makes its painfully obvious you are talking as a 3rd party observer, or your are guilty of doing it "wrong" like you claim others are.

Not to mention the fact you bring up SoA as one of the bosses that are easy mode with marauders, this is anything but true, because of the inability to charge SoA, this is one of the worst fights for a raid bringing marauders.

Do I consider marauder straight out underpowered? no. But the class has severe issues.

1: No other class is nearly as affected by ability delay.

2: Our offhand gains NO bonus from stats, this is a problem, it obviously should not be 100% but at the very least a 25-50% bonus from stats would make sense.

3: Stats on our t3 makes absolutely no sense, mostly just accuracy, would only make sense for Rage spec, which are not viable, since carnage has gore and anni dots ignore armor.

4: Set bonuses, there is only one set of them, and it instead of being specific and helpful, they try to make it "viable" for all 3 specs, meaning our set bonuses suck ***.

Other classes get stuff like 10% damage bonus after using certain skills, we got 5m range on our execute, which costs more then our vicious/massacre, and does about the same damage.

Also our force choke needs to do more damage if its gonna stay channeled.

Edited by Munx

The fact that you claim annihilation spec is the only way to go makes its painfully obvious you are talking as a 3rd party observer, or your are guilty of doing it "wrong" like you claim others are.

Not to mention the fact you bring up SoA as one of the bosses that are easy mode with marauders, this is anything but true, because of the inability to charge SoA, this is one of the worst fights for a raid bringing marauders.

Do I consider marauder straight out underpowered? no. But the class has severe issues.

1: No other class is nearly as affected by ability delay.

2: Our offhand gains NO bonus from offhand, this is a problem, it obviously should not be 100% but at the very least a 25-50% bonus from stats/power would make sense.

3: Stats on our t3 makes absolutely no sense, mostly just accuracy, would only make sense for Rage spec, which are not viable, since carnage has gore and anni dots ignore armor.

4: Set bonuses, there is only one set of them, and it instead of being specific and helpful, they try to make it "viable" for all 3 specs, meaning our set bonuses suck ***.

Other classes get stuff like 10% damage bonus after using certain skills, we got 5m range on our execute, which costs more then our vicious/massacre, and does about the same damage.

Also our force choke needs to do more damage if its gonna stay channeled.

Why would accuracy have anything to do with armor, it is nor armor pen. When it says " cut's in to defense" it means dodge/parry %.. obviously you have no idea about any class, let alone marauders

Its armor pen once it gets past 100%

try stacking it, you'll notice it soon enough wiseguy ;)

And even if it didnt, it would just further prove my point of t3 marauder set being worthless.

Edited by Munx

Its armor pen once it gets past 100%

try stacking it, you'll notice it soon enough wiseguy ;)

And even if it didnt, it would just further prove my point of t3 marauder set being worthless.

You got visual proof of this? my understanding is also that it means less chance target will dodge/parry/avoid from 100-110%

Also as far as dps goes, until theres proof that armor buffs dont stack I'd rather have a sniper and a merc over a marauder, if juggys not tanking then I'd rather have a juggy over a marauder.

what if it is useless?

mix and match with t2 / pvp gear, get the mods out of it ?

i'm not really a pve hero like i stated earlier but knowing all 3 specs i can't even understand why marauders would raid in anything else than annihilation spec ?

PvE flashpoints is where Marauder shines. Its where I feel like everything is working.

So.. yeah.

But that isn't where we have problems, and nobody is saying it is.

Marauder's problems are solo PvE and PvP. We have a rough time compared to other classes in both.

Actually, about the marauder sucking at solo pve...

Ive had not a single issue as full rage spec...none.

Its actually quite easy, and watching the BH solo next to me i clearly drop mobs faster than he does....but then its all about building that force crit buff then using smash, which AE for a bit under 3k, usually dropping most weak mobs.

The trick is to charge in, drop force cruch on the strongerst or farthest out range mob, then pop a sweep aoe melee attack while force cruch is building the crit stacks, then smahs, then normal attack the remaining mobs and you can easily drop 5 +1 level mobs on you.

I use Broonmark and hes well geared, but used vette and jaesa before for their AE asistance.

Its all about getting that smash crit buff up, making sure your positioning is right and hitting diffrent mobs so many drop when smash is used.

Before i had all my skills in rage i was using force choke to build it all, and before i had all my good stuff vette has an AE that definately helped. However most the solo pve complaints i see are like 40-50 when you have all the right tools to make PVE a breeze to solo through.

Oh i can and do drop multiple silver and elite+silver mob pairs..and any amount of weak mobs with an elite mob since that all die first smash...all with broonmark and full rage (i have the smash cooldown an annhi and the melee dmg in carnage as filler)...

Thing is that this seems to be blatantly a PVP and solo PVE spec, ill have to change for endgame flashpoints. Forcecrush is very usefull in PVP if you can get the rage to use it...has a relativly short CD too.

Edited by Crunchyblack