The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Red Sabers.....

Spymaster

To each their own.

The point is that Jedis in this era are allowed to pick whatever color they want. If players are Jedis and they all decide to pick red then so be it.

Let it be known that the era of the Great Galactic War was an era when red crystals became fashionable among a large segment of Jedi.

Edited by PurpleMagick

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 Person saying it's right doesn't fly either. In this case however, Mr. Lucas didn't chime in against it, so, its not shot down either. umadbro?

Actually, Lucas and other Lucasfilm employees have, in fact, said that color doesn't matter. They even considered have a plethora of colors for Episodes 1-3.

The other guy who writes rather politely hit the nail on the head... we see a tiny fraction of the Jedi in the movies. We have no way to prove one way or the other what the "majority" of Jedi use. But, we can go by the statements of the Creators when they say that the color of a Jedi's lightsaber is purely an aesthetic choice.

To each their own.

The point is that Jedis in this era are allowed to pick whatever color they want. If players are Jedis and they all decide to pick red then so be it.

Let it be known that the era of the Great Galactic War was an era when red crystals became fashionable among a large segment of Jedi.

Hello,

Well said.

'Pink Unicorns' is a straw man.

No it's not.

It's something that does not exist in known StarWars lore... the same as a large number of red saber using Jedi.... either or both "might" exist during this time.... we don't know.... right?

You can not extrapolate into this era the trends in other eras..

Which is why I have not done so.

I've never once made the argument that red is rare during this game's time period. Only that red is rare during througout known history.

For some reason you keep trying to prove that lots of red is possible during the game.... but I really don't see why you're working so hard to prove something I didn't argue against.

To each their own.

Yup. If that's your point great, we agree.

My point though is that they are rare in other times, and so, if this time is differnt (which is possible) it's out of place with the rest of the time periods. Make sense?

Yup. If that's your point great, we agree.

My point though is that they are rare in other times, and so, if this time is differnt (which is possible) it's out of place with the rest of the time periods. Make sense?

Red crystals have never been rare in any time.

We have no way to prove one way or the other what the "majority" of Jedi use.

But that's not what I'm trying to establish. My point is that in KNOWN lore, red for Jedi is rare.

I don't see why you think I need to prove what every Jedi we never heard of used to prove a ststement about KNOWN Jedi.

No it's not.

It's something that does not exist in known StarWars lore... the same as a large number of red saber using Jedi.... either or both "might" exist during this time.... we don't know.... right?

Which is why I have not done so.

I've never once made the argument that red is rare during this game's time period. Only that red is rare during througout known history.

For some reason you keep trying to prove that lots of red is possible during the game.... but I really don't see why you're working so hard to prove something I didn't argue against.

Hello,

You began by saying that there were too many red saber using Jedi in the game.

You were wrong to say this. You have no way of knowing how many red saber using Jedi there should be.

You'd just prefer fewer red sabers in Jedi hands, for your own reasons of preference.

If you had simply stated your preference without saying that WE ALL KNOW THERE ARE TOO MANY RED SABER JEDI then I suspect no one would have thought to argue the point.

Remember, your point was to say that people's choices were incorrect. You judged them to be wrong. Then you were unable to back that up with any evidence whatsoever.

No it doesn't make sense.

You're jumping to conclusions and creating logical connections that don't exist.

The lore clearly states that lightsaber color is merely a fashion choice in the period of the Old Republic. The thing about fashion is that it changes all of the time.

Throughout all of human history, wearing blue jeans is rare. Does that mean that blue jeans should be rare today? No, that would be illogical of course.

Edited by PurpleMagick

You began by saying that there were too many red saber using Jedi in the game.

Yup.... Because it doesn't fit with the setting or known lore.

You were wrong to say this.

No I wasnt. Again.... since a large number of Jedi using red doesn't fit with the setting or known lore there are too many in the game using them to fit that lore and setting.

If they want to throw out lore / setting for THIS one time period and change it so all the Jedi use red, they can.... but they can't pretend they fit into the setting becuase they won't.

You have no way of knowing how many red saber using Jedi there should be..

Again???

You'd just prefer fewer red sabers in Jedi hands, for your own reasons of preference.

Nope. My preferance doesn't have any impact on how much red saber Jedi fit the setting.

Remember, your point was to say that people's choices were incorrect.

That was never my point. People can make whatever choice they want, they just can't pretend it fits the setting when it doesn't. It's annoying.

That was never my point. People can make whatever choice they want, they just can't pretend it fits the setting when it doesn't. It's annoying.

Hello,

They 'can't pretend?' Are you listening to yourself?

I beg your pardon, but your continuing claim to be the superior arbiter of truth and canon in this setting is rather annoying.

No it doesn't make sense.

You're jumping to conclusions and creating logical connections that don't exist.

Wait do you admit that red is rare in known Star wars history? If so, than how is stating that changing it for this game is out of place with that known lore, a bad thing?

The lore clearly states that lightsaber color is merely a fashion choice in the period of the Old Republic. The thing about fashion is that it changes all of the time.

Sure. And if they want to make a changethey can, but they can't argue that it fits with all the other thousands of years worth of known lore. It doesn't. It's a change. You said so yourself.

Throughout all of human history, wearing blue jeans is rare. Does that mean that blue jeans should be rare today?

Really bad analogy. To make sense in Star Wars people would have to have worn jeans for thousands of years.... then stopped for this game.... then worn them again. Could it happn? Sure.... does it fit with the establised setting.... no.

Edited by Spymaster

They 'can't pretend?' Are you listening to yourself?

Yup. Listening to myself is the main reason I post. I'm awesome.

I beg your pardon, but your continuing claim to be the superior arbiter of truth and canon in this setting is rather annoying

Ummm you won't even admit that red isn't rare in known lore when we all know that it is. How can I take your lore knowledge seriously? I really do think you're pretending.

How do you get 'red was rare' from that?

I don't.

I get "red was possible" from that...

I get that red was rare from all other known sources in which you rarely see Jedi with red.

Now answer my question.

Edited by Spymaster

Yup. Listening to myself is the main reason I post. I'm awesome.

Ummm you won't even admit that red isn't rare in known lore when we all know that it is. How can I take your lore knowledge seriously? I really do think you're pretending.

Hello,

It is you, sir, that can't be taken seriously. You alternate between saying that you can't know what was common in this setting and saying that you can firmly declare what was common in this setting.

This setting is The Old Republic, and nobody knows what colors were popular in that setting. All we know is that red crystals existed and were available. We know nothing of the rate of adoption of these crystals by the Jedi faction. We can't say if it was common, uncommon, or rare.

This doesn't stop you from asserting the wrongness of others and insulting their character choices.

saying that you can firmly declare what was common in this setting.

NEVER said that. LOL.... really unless you're going to stop twisting my words. Just stop period.

This setting is The Old Republic, and nobody knows what colors were popular in that setting..

The number of times you've said this and not understood why it has nothing to do with my point is staggering.

Edited by Spymaster

You people admit you're wrong. And the people with red sabers in game keep them and just admit they're out of place for the setting of the game.

So this has nothing to do with improving the game or anything just proving a point and getting everyone to agree that your opinion is correct

NEVER said that. LOL.... really unless you're going to stop twisting my words. Just stop period.

The number of times you've said this and not understood why it has nothing to do with my point is staggering.

Hello,

You have claimed to know what is correct for this setting and have stated you can't know how many red saber Jedi existed in this setting. Where is the twist?

'Too many red sabers for the setting' is rather well related to having no idea about color popularity in this setting.

So this has nothing to do with improving the game or anything just proving a point and getting everyone to agree that your opinion is correct

It wasn't meant change the game or prove a point.... it was meant to express a feeling. It's annoying. That was really all there was to it. I had no clue people wouldn't understand the lore back on page one.

The whole thing about "I'm right and they're wrong" came about because people want to continue to argue lore with me.... I'm sorry but it's not an opinion at that point.... they're just wrong....

I don't care if they admit they're wrong or not. They're wrong regardless. But that's why the thread is still going.