The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Red Sabers.....

Spymaster

No it fits just fine, as you've conceded

I didn't concede anything. You're wrong.

Please... at least TRY to come up with valid argument.

When you start your post with a lie I pretty much ignore the rest of it.

Edited by Spymaster

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's NOT an opinion!!!
Yes it is.

There are thousands of known years in which this does not happen.
Irrelevant.

To say it fits the rest of the lore for that to suddenly change is just wrong.
It doesn't suddenly change. Do you have some sort of evidence that it suddenly changes?

Do you understand the words "all known time periods"???
Do you understand the words "you haven't actually shown that at all" ...

Yes I have the proof. In hundreds of books and movies. Go read something.
Books contradict you, and neither of them offer the evidence that you need to make your claim anything but an unfounded asserted opinion.

Yes it is

Wow great argument. :rolleyes:

Saying that thousands of years of known StarWars history exists in which Jedi do not commonly use red sabers is NOT an OPINION!!! LoL.... it's funny how people just pick a side and then can't even admit ANYTTHING I say could be true.

Edited by Spymaster

I love how they just continue to ignore the fact that Bioware is creating the canon for this time period in what they've created in the game so far and somehow think that players choices creates the canon.

Carry on trying to Strawman argument Spy rather than admitting this.

And again, lack of evidence is not evidence. I searched the whole thing, couldn't find anything saying what most Jedi around the time of the Old Republic used as saber colors. I think it's safe to say nobody knows, canonically.

If you searched the whole thing you'd see litereally thousands of years of jedi history you can study.... and if you had done so, you'd have all the evidence you need.

And again, lack of evidence is not evidence. I searched the whole thing, couldn't find anything saying what most Jedi around the time of the Old Republic used as saber colors. I think it's safe to say nobody knows, canonically.

So I was bored and read a bit on the color crystal article there. Based on what I'm reading most Jedi use natural crystals that come in all forms of colors. I think its safe to assume red is one of the hues since on the list it shows different shades of red. Sith use manufactured crystals and they prefer red. I see nothing there that says Jedi do not use red crystals. Since I can go farm red natural crystals in the SWTOR open world I don't see why a Jedi wouldn't have that as their color.

If you searched the whole thing you'd see litereally thousands of years of jedi history you can study.... and if you had done so, you'd have all the evidence you need.

But I haven't found that. Can you prove that I haven't searched it? I searched it, top to bottom. I'm a quick reader.

Seriously, I don't even care anymore. I'm using a red saber in one hand, and a blue in the other, and I don't give a rat's *** about what anyone else thinks about it. If it bothers you that much, change servers.

I love how they just continue to ignore the fact that Bioware is creating the canon for this time period in what they've created in the game so far and somehow think that players choices creates the canon.

Carry on trying to Strawman argument Spy rather than admitting this.

yeah, I'd just jet from the thread. I got one respoonse, and only to the first half of my first sentence of my second post. My brain is going to hurt if i try to de-logicfy myself to argue here.

yes, i just invented a word. so sue me :cool:

yeah, I'd just jet from the thread. I got one respoonse, and only to the first half of my first sentence of my second post. My brain is going to hurt if i try to de-logicfy myself to argue here.

yes, i just invented a word. so sue me :cool:

Who did you want a response from?

You claimed I was against the game mechainc. I'm not. I don't know what else you wanted.

Anyway I gotta go now. Thanks people it was fun. A couple people were cool. Most were not. Sad really.

Edited by Spymaster

Who did you want a response from?

You claimed I was against the game mechainc. I'm not. I don't know what else you wanted.

Anyway I gotta go now. Thanks people it was fun. A couple people were cool. Most were not. Sad really.

Not you. Everyone else that thinks that if players use red lightsabers that it is somehow creating canon. Or that there is no Canon to work off of in this era. We have the canon in what Bioware has created and if bioware has not created any significant amount of jedi using red lightsabers then you have your canon right there without giving a crap about all the other time periods.

LoL... so you've read all of Wookieepedia and discovered that in Star Wars history the majority of Jedi use red lightsabers?

Yeah, you fail.

Remember when you said all dark jedi where sith and I posted wookiepedia proving you wrong on 2 different accounts?

1. Dark jedi are not sith

2. Dark Jedi use red lightsabers

Funny how when you think it will back up your argument you find its a credible souce of information but when it doesnt you ignore it.

Not you. Everyone else that thinks that if players use red lightsabers that it is somehow creating canon. Or that there is no Canon to work off of in this era. We have the canon in what Bioware has created and if bioware has not created any significant amount of jedi using red lightsabers then you have your canon right there without giving a crap about all the other time periods.

and by jedi, we mean the NPCs we encounter in our travels, not players themselves. You have to ignore the MMO component if you want to argue any kind of lore whatsoever.

I think my issue with you, OP, was when you complained about the red use by thousands of jedi and it being against the lore. Unless i misread that somehow. Storywise, there arnt thousands of jedi using red light sabers in SWTOR, only our character and whatever NPCS Bioware deemed it ok to use red.

LoL... so you've read all of Wookieepedia and discovered that in Star Wars history the majority of Jedi use red lightsabers?

Yeah, you fail.

Have you read all of Wookiepedia and discovered proof that no jedi in the old republic used red lightsabers? Or that only an extremely few number of jedi used red lightsabers?

Edited by Sireene
rude/uninviting

Guys. This kind of says it all:

http://www.findmybrick.com/product_info.php?products_id=4366&osCsid=05cb20a067be53cbb3a395ab2eaef6bb

Clearly, red light sabered jedi are canon. Not only canon, the norm.

Not only the norm, required. If you think otherwise, you obviously don't like or understand star wars and need to switch to something you don't like as punishment.

I read the first page of comments. Then decided to just make my post. I usually rock a green or yellow LS crystal. But I mean I like the color red. If I chose to rock a red color crystal I wouldn't do so with the intent or portraying I'm a light side jedi with dark intentions. It would simply be just because I like the color red and it looks cool. Whats wrong with that?

Guys. This kind of says it all:

http://www.findmybrick.com/product_info.php?products_id=4366&osCsid=05cb20a067be53cbb3a395ab2eaef6bb

Clearly, red light sabered jedi are canon. Not only canon, the norm.

Not only the norm, required. If you think otherwise, you obviously don't like or understand star wars and need to switch to something you don't like as punishment.

+1 billion internetz

Whether color "matters" is not the issue.... Jedi using red doesn't fit the story, becuase they don't use red. It doesn't matter why they do or don't, we just know that for but for a few rare cases they do not use red.

Yes, it's the only issue. We know Jedi can use red if they want to. So it doesn't matter if it's 1 or 1000. The stupid thing was BW putting a restriction that you have to be evil to use red... it makes no sense according to all lore.

Yes they do. On my server the vast majority of Jedi have the wrong color. So yeah, I do have a complaint. Duh.

I guarantee you that you're wrong. Btw, what server are you on so I can definitely see for myself that you're wrong?

Yeah, you fail.

For the last time... Nowhere NEAR a majority of the Jedi on your server use Red lightsabers. I can guarantee that 51 out of every 100 Jedi do not use red.

And even if they did it doesn't matter. We know that any Force user can use any color they want, so there's no argument to be had.

Edited by Sai-to

I guarantee you that you're wrong. Btw, what server are you on so I can definitely see for myself that you're wrong?

Nice argument. :rolleyes:

For the last time... Nowhere NEAR a majority of the Jedi on your server use Red lightsabers. I can guarantee that 51 out of every 100 Jedi do not use red.

It's the last time? Really? Can, you guarantee that? That would sweet. I'm already tired of you pretending to know how many red sabers exist on my server when you don't even know which server I'm on in the first place.

And even if they did it doesn't matter. We know that any Force user can use any color they want, so there's no argument to be had.

When people say this, I know they didn't understand my point.

How many times should I expalin that I KNOW they CAN use red, but that's not the issue... before you people get it? Having the ability to use red IS NOT THE ISSUE. The sheer number of people doing so is.

Wow you proved something no one argued against. Want a cookie?

Edited by Spymaster