The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Red Sabers.....

Spymaster

Lets say for example that you prove red is the common lore color for Jedi in this time periopd...
Unnecessary; we just need to show that it's possible and that nothing in the existing lore contradicts it. Both have been done.

it would still be out of place in Star Wars becuase all the other times don't match this time.
False; some specific times don't match.

if you want to make a "for all" claim you'll need to work on backing that up.

All I have to do to prove that is show you any other time period where this doens't happen.
Fallacious logic, specifically Argument By Selective Observation.

that's not sufficient to prove a "for all" claim

Again "can it happen?".... yes. "Does it fit the setting for it to happen?" Yes, it does.
Fixed. Edited by ferroz

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not understanding the point.

Lets say for example that you prove red is the common lore color for Jedi in this time periopd... it would still be out of place in Star Wars becuase all the other times don't match this time. All I have to do to prove that is show you any other time period where this doens't happen.

Again "can it happen?".... yes. "Does it fit the setting for it to happen?" No, it doesn't.

So if a Star Wars game was made as a prequel to this one, where vibroblades were used instead of lightsabers, it wouldn't be a true Star Wars game because it doesn't have lightsabers? Lack of evidence is not evidence.

There's lots of Jedi running around in the OR era. Where are they during the Original Trilogy?

There's a Sith Pureblood race during the Old Republic era. During the Movie timeframe, where are they?

To use a more "real world" example - do you see people wearing bellbottom jeans, tunics, jerkins, loincloths, and renaissance-period clothing? Do you think that maybe that changed with the times? For all we know, using red was commonplace back then.

No, sorry, there's nothing about that situation that does not fit the story. It fits it just fine.

So all other times in StatWars history mean nothing? This is the one year in which Jedi all used red.... going completely opposite of what happend during all other time periods.... and that fits the story?

Ok, yeah you proved that allright. :rolleyes:

George Lucas has allowed this game into the canon by permitting it to be released.

Therefore; anything in this game is canon, and thus a valid part of the lore, until George says otherwise.

Whether or not it meshes with any other time period is entirely irrelevant.

Yes, Spymaster, that includes Jawa-overlord scenarios or Krayt Dragon tea parties.

So all other times in StatWars history mean nothing? This is the one year in which Jedi all used red.... going completely opposite of what happend during all other time periods.... and that fits the story?

Ok, yeah you proved that allright. :rolleyes:

Hmmm....

So, you're saying all the jedi on your server are using red lightsabers?

No, it is not factual at all. That is what we are attempting to relate to you, but you refuse to see.

Because it is factual.

I don't care if 1,000 people come in here and say I'm wrong. Jedi using red sabers is not a common thing in Star War historys.

A million people saying something wrong is still wrong.

Edited by Sireene
rude/uninviting

Hmmm....

So, you're saying all the jedi on your server are using red lightsabers?

A preposterous presumption of course, as many people who play jedi go light side, therefore they are forbidden by game mechanics from using red. But, not on his server, nope every single jedi on his server is dark siders.

So all other times in StatWars history mean nothing?
You haven't shown tis to be true for all other times in starwars history. I invite you to try.

This is the one year in which Jedi all used red.... going completely opposite of what happend during some specific time periods....
Fixed
and that fits the story?
Yes.

Ok, yeah you proved that allright.
Were you going to try a valid argument, or were you going to continue your fallacious logic?

Unnecessary; we just need to show that it's possible

WHAT? I SAID is was possible!!!! LONG AGO!!! LOL!!

This is priceless.

You haven't shown tis to be true for all other times in starwars history. I invite you to try.

If you're ignorant about the setting that's your problem. I posted the original film. I invite you to start there, and then move on to other sources, in time you'll see you're wrong.

Edited by Spymaster

Because it is factual.
It isn't

I don't care if 1,000 people come in here and say I'm wrong.
We know; you've demonstated that you're willing to continue spouting the same false statements and fallacious arguments over and over again. Edited by Sireene
quote of deleted post

A preposterous presumption of course, as many people who play jedi go light side, therefore they are forbidden by game mechanics from using red. But, not on his server, nope every single jedi on his server is dark siders.

I'm just waiting for him to concur that all the jedi on his server have red lightsabers so I can push the BS button. lol

Guys, this guy is confusing a nessesary game mechanic with canon lore. Story wise, our jedi is one of the few that uses red if we so choose. However, being an MMO nessessitates seeing other people out in the world. These people have their own story and the game treats them as such.

I mean, theres only supposed to be 1 Banthra'alor (that special jedi title), yet every Consular gets it. Within my own story, I am the only one to get it. The game just happens to be home of multiple people that are acting out their own story.

Arguing over lore is silly when game mechanics demand a certain suspension of disbelioef and not taking EVERYTHING in it litterally.

This is priceless.

And that's all we need. It's possible. And it's fine.

You don't like it - that's the gist of the thread.

And that's unfortunate. There's nothing wrong with it, and certainly nothing lore-breaking.

Guys, this guy is confusing a nessesary game mechanic with canon lore. Story wise, our jedi is one of the few that uses red if we so choose. However, being an MMO nessessitates seeing other people out in the world. These people have their own story and the game treats them as such.

I mean, theres only supposed to be 1 Banthra'alor (that special jedi title), yet every Consular gets it. Within my own story, I am the only one to get it. The game just happens to be home of multiple people that are acting out their own story.

Arguing over lore is silly when game mechanics demand a certain suspension of disbelioef and not taking EVERYTHING in it litterally.

A clear articulation of what I was trying to say a little while ago. Good post!

Ssssshhhh, he doesn't understand that. And frankly I don't think he ever will.

Yes, I know; you've conceded that. You seem to be missing the fact that we don't have anything that we need to prove to back up our claims, since you've conceded this fact.

If you're ignorant about the setting that's your problem.
Going for an ad hominem fallacy as well, I see?

I posted the original film.
That is a specific time period; it does nothing to support your claim "for all starwars history"

showing a specific time period and then making a claim of "for all starwars history" is fallacious logic (again, specifically: Argument By Selective Observation)

I invite you to start there, and then move on to other sources, in time you'll see you're wrong.
I see that you're tap dancing away from the fact that you cannot show that your claim is true for all of star wars history... Edited by ferroz

George Lucas has allowed this game into the canon by permitting it to be released.

Therefore; anything in this game is canon, and thus a valid part of the lore, until George says otherwise.

Whether or not it meshes with any other time period is entirely irrelevant.

Yes, Spymaster, that includes Jawa-overlord scenarios or Krayt Dragon tea parties.

You think if you asked George Lucas if every player's actions and decisions (like what item to use and who to save) was canon that he would agree? Or you think maybe GL agreed to let the storyline that Bioware set out in the game become canon.

That's like saying the majority of the padawans were all special snowflakes and Master Orgus trained tens of thousands concurrently. You are just riding Biowares story.

In previous KOTOR games not all player decisions became canon. Bioware chose a path and a storyline to come out of the games that became canon.

If the majority of players decide to use red lightsabers the canon will not reflect that. The canon will reflect only what Bioware writes and chooses to become canon.

If you really want to prove that a very significant amount of jedi used red lightsabers in this time period then you need to look at what Bioware has created, all those NPC's and then you will know what is actually canon.

Nice try though.

P.S. I don't give a care about lightsaber colors, but at least try to understand how the lore is going to work and what will be canon and what obviously won't.

And that's all we need. It's possible. And it's fine.

If I were arguing that it's not possible that's all you'd need, but that's not my argument so you're proving something that means nothing.

I'm explaiing to you that thousands of years of StarWars history doesn't match this game, becuase that's true.

You can plug your ears and keep proving it's possible to go against the rest of the lore forver, but that doesn't effect the FACT that I'm right and that this game is out of place with all the other years of StarWars lore.