The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Red Sabers.....

Spymaster

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In pretty much every other time period in Star Wars history.

But we're not talking about every other time period - we're talking about this one. This one we're playing in - the Old Republic era. Can you provide proof of your case? Can you provide proof against your case? Or is there no proof of any of it?

If there's no proof of any of it, then it's safe to say there is no measuring stick to determine how many did or did not use red sabers.

This is probably the most reasonable post in this whole thread. I'm sure it will go ignored.

with as fast as this thread is going, i wouldnt be suprised. Then again, i only poped in to put in my view on the matter.

This is kind of like arguing over whether Cato lake in Texas is our only natural lake, or man made.

No, I am arguing that your claim that it ISN'T an opinion is wrong. You are not arguing a point. You are arguing an opinion.

I feel like this needs to be quoted again, because it pretty much destroys the argument in this thread...

No, I am arguing that your claim that it ISN'T an opinion is wrong. You are not arguing a point. You are arguing an opinion.

You know what? One more time. It has to be quoted one more time...

Oh, if only such common sense was actually common...

But we're not talking about every other time period - we're talking about this one. This one we're playing in - the Old Republic era. Can you provide proof of your case? Can you provide proof against your case? Or is there no proof of any of it?

If there's no proof of any of it, then it's safe to say there is no measuring stick to determine how many did or did not use red sabers.

You're not understanding the point.

Lets say for example that you prove red is the common lore color for Jedi in this time periopd... it would still be out of place in Star Wars becuase all the other times don't match this time. All I have to do to prove that is show you any other time period where this doens't happen.

Again "can it happen?".... yes. "Does it fit the setting for it to happen?" No, it doesn't.

You are correct about future-canon, but I'm referring to the OPs OCD on the now-canon. This is thousands and thousands of years before Sidious and his masters. We have no established rules or canon on what might have been found, used, lost, or created. They could have a giant manufacturing plant of crystals. There could be an entire world made out of Force crystals that eventually gets mined into oblivion, so we don't know about it. There could be a technique now to craft any color of crystal we feel like, but it gets lost in a few thousand years. Anything can happen, because we're in uncharted story territory. That's what makes this era so awesome to explore.

This is very true! I enjoy how we had a reasonable conversation.

The real question is, who destroyed all the Datacrons?! haha!

Lets say for example that you prove red is the common lore color for Jedi in this time periopd... it would still be out of place in Star Wars becuase all the other times don't match this time. All I have to do to prove that is show you any other time period where this doens't happen.

Again "can it happen?".... yes. "Does it fit the setting for it to happen?" No, it doesn't.

It most definitely does fit the setting. Are there lightsabers? Check. Guess what, it just fit the setting.

Backwards. We are ALL understanding the point, and you are not understanding our counterpoints. Do you simply want admission that if Jedi use red in this time-period that that makes it different than the others? Then yes. If 100 Jedi in this time period had red sabers, that would make it slightly noteworthy.

No, I am arguing that your claim that it ISN'T an opinion is wrong. You are not arguing a point. You are arguing an opinion. A feeling even.

It doesn't fit the setting FOR YOU. It's out of place and annoying FOR YOU. It COULD HAPPEN, and apparently it DID HAPPEN, because IT'S HAPPENING. It's still out of place FOR YOU. Not wrong, just annoying, FOR YOU. See?

Known history can hint at anything, as I previously said. Being in unknown history lets us hint at new things! Yay!

Actually I would say that the lore is what Bioware creates not the players in the game. It kind of like saying that every single Jedi Knight saved the galaxy. For the sake of lore the nameless player Jedi Guardian did accomplish that feat, but only once.

The lore from SWTOR will likely never state that the majority or even very significant group of Jedi used Red lightsabers. The playerbase combined won't make up the lore.

I have not made a Jedi yet but wish to soon and make it my main.

Is it really that common for all Jedi players to go Dark?

Though maybe is because you need to be dark to romace, don't you? Would of thought so since it would break the Jedi code.

No, the romances dont affect morality (just among your companions though)

Because you have... you've basically backed off your origonal point because you realize it's untenable.

You're arguing that it doesn't fit and that it's out of place. These are false statements.

There is absolutely nothing about having a multiltude of jedi with red sabers that doesn't fit the lore. It fits just fine.

Stop trying to weasel out of your untenable claims...

The Jawa is the voice of reason.

That's silly. That's like saying 1,000 Ewok Jedi fit the setting becuase there are Jedi. It's not fitting the story.
No, sorry, there's nothing about that situation that does not fit the story. It fits it just fine.

It just doesn't fit your personal desire for what the game lore should be. But it fits the lore of the star wars universe just fine.

That's silly. That's like saying 1,000 Ewok Jedi fit the setting becuase there are Jedi. It's not fitting the story.

No, that's a wrong assumption, ewoks aren't force sensitive. Whereas a lightsaber is a lightsaber. The color of the crystal doesn't make it not a lightsaber. Try again.

I don't know about anyone else, but my Dark Knight uses two green lightsabers. Until those green crystals become completely obsolete, I will avoid installing the red. Even then I may go yellow instead.

I agree, there are far too many Jedi that use red lightsabers. But it is possible that they are using them because that's their only choice to get the best bonus possible. At the moment I am only gimping myself slightly by continuing to use green, but eventually I will be forced to change.

I would really prefer the Dark/Light limitations on crystals be removed. Instead the components to make red crystals should be made more rare for Republic and the components to make blue and green crystals should be more rare for Imperial.

:csw_redsaber::csw_bluesaber:

We are ALL understanding the point.

No. You're really not. I spent like the last 30 pages explaiing to you people the difference between argueing that they can't use red (which I never said) and that the majority don't use red in any other time period, which is the real point, and a fact.... and still most of you are trying to prove that they can use red if they want to.

You're all so busy patting each other on the back you don't even have a rebuttal to my real issue, because the real issue is factual.

Edited by Spymaster

No, that's a wrong assumption, ewoks aren't force sensitive. Whereas a lightsaber is a lightsaber. The color of the crystal doesn't make it not a lightsaber. Try again.

Ewoks aren't force sensative in other times... prove they're not force during the game.

Edited by Spymaster

No. You're really not. I spent like the last 30 pages explaiing to you people the difference between argueing that they can't use red (which I never said) and that the majority don't use red in any other time period, which is the real point, and a fact.... and still most of you are trying to prove that they can use red if they want to.

You're all so busy patting each other on the back you don't even have a rebuttal to my real issue, because the real issue is factual.

No, it is not factual at all. That is what we are attempting to relate to you, but you refuse to see.