I hate the way my Sage looks.

rezkhan

First things first, I want to applaud the fact that costumes by and large seem to match in terms of colour scheme and aesthetics. They seem to update dynamically so that when I get a new item it still fits the overall theme. This must have taken a bit of work and I think it a good design feature.

That said I hate the way my Sage looks. I despise it. I loathe it. Every single upgrade feels like a punishment, because the actual costume design seems to be some kind of reject from an Amish fashion show. My sage is the dowdiest of librarians. The homeliest of nuns. It's boring, and surprisingly ugly.

When I really start getting into it, it's the hats. The hats kill the costume. As a robed Jedi with the hood up, I don't feel too bad, but if you have a head piece item it becomes some god awful ugly hat. The hats are like bad origami sold as headwear on Etsy sold by earnest arts and crafts soccer mums who really, really, really believe in the spiritual energy of grass and want you to as well. They are so incredibly ugly they'd win weekly awards on Regretsy. Here's the worst part, this hat can't be hidden, even if you select hide hat in the preferences, to allow the cowl on the robe to take effect.

So right now I'm running around with some gear from Alderaan. It has a cape. My costume for all intents and purposes is a jacket with shoulder pads that would have been considered extreme in the 1980s and a cape. With my magic telekinetic powers I now feel like an unwanted superhero who is barely tolerated for their ability to actually get the job done. Great.

I don't mind the robes, they're pretty cool. Hell, I wouldn't even mind looking like a Sith Inquisitor with a lighter coloured theme if I had to. I wouldn't. Believe me. I get that you want to differentiate between the factions, but did you really need to make me look so horribly ugly to do it?

I'm begging you, please, for the love of all that's holy review the direction you're taking for the Consular Sage costume design. I like the mechanics of the themed costumes, I hate the execution of the costume design.

Omenbringers orange headpiece, its a thin metal band and no more headgear!

And yes, I'm VERY happy to have it :D

PS: its pretty low level as well, lv 15 from the top of my head but I do not remember how I obtained it.

Edited by MrTijger

I feel for you. I spent a fair number of levels as a trooper with different brightly colored boots, leg armor, chest armor, and helmet. It was like a rainbow threw up on a stormtrooper.

But I endured secure in the knowledge I would one day be freeking awesome. Ten levels later and my armor is shiny, my gun is so big I've got back problems, and I've got ammo clips shoved everywhere (everywhere).

I'm not sure where the road leads for you my friend. I did hear that the inspiration for the entire sage AC was from a certain book series. So good luck with that.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2010/12/02/books-amish-romance-novels.html

This isn't the fashion academy.

You're in a warzone fighting for your life.

Did Rambo ask for a yellow bandana? Don't think so.

Please, please, please tell me you are just trolling. Because if not this is the dumbest post I have read on these boards and that is saying something.

/sarcasm would really help with posts like this because with people you never know...

Edited by Improv-

Please, please, please tell me you are just trolling. Because if not this is the dumbest post I have read on these boards and that is saying something.

/sarcasm would really help with posts like this because with people you never know...

lol... I was >.>

I feel for you. I spent a fair number of levels as a trooper with different brightly colored boots, leg armor, chest armor, and helmet. It was like a rainbow threw up on a stormtrooper.

But I endured secure in the knowledge I would one day be freeking awesome. Ten levels later and my armor is shiny, my gun is so big I've got back problems, and I've got ammo clips shoved everywhere (everywhere).

I'm not sure where the road leads for you my friend. I did hear that the inspiration for the entire sage AC was from a certain book series. So good luck with that.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2010/12/02/books-amish-romance-novels.html

Aye, I managed to finally get a coordinated set on my Commando as well, took quite a bit of work to get everything nicely in synch and then what happens? Bright green boots. *grumble*

I too feel the same way my hat is so bad, my guild keep thinking its a landing pad and keep trying to land there speeders on my head, i beg you BW please please let us have a cosmetic look, oh and one other thing shoot the designers of the sage hats........BAD BAD BAD Edited by akkerin

every time i get a nice orange drop i can use i immediately hit ctrl-left click in the hope that THIS TIME!!! itll be something different.

And every time i come away sad. Ive tried on more clothes in game than your average run way model just praying that somewhere theres an item that doesnt make me look so bland. The only unique items ive seen so far are the social vendor items. Outside of that, its a kind of orangey-brown top with a dark grey dress (with orangey brown trimming). Is this really my lot?

PS. The hats... hahahahahahahha! the hats! Just give me a hood, thanks.

Yes the Jedi gear looks very lame this is why I rolled trooper. Reps always get the low end stupid looking stuff. OP just be glad you don't have the "big booty" glitch on some Jedi. Whenever I see this I can't help but laugh, how can something so stupid go live?

I'm still annoyed that with her latest "helm" (~lvl 35), Kira Carson has apparently decided to turn into Hawk Girl.

And why the heck doesn't "Hide head slot":

A. Work for companions (or have a second option that does)

B. Turn down the hood on my robe.

I agree its bad... most of the Sage hats are worse than those worn by the flying nun...

Please, I know some few peoply my think a landing pad on the head looks original but I can't help but think that BW intended Sages to be the but of jokes with that headwear. it is the worst of all the classes.

While the artist may have tried to stay true to some weird outlandish hat(s) in a graphic novel or an extra in one of the movies, it is not aesthetically pleasing to have to run around with. This game is in a whole other era and could easily have invented better more practical headwear for consulars than what they were stuck with.

I re rolled trooper to get away from the awful sage gear. While troopers suffer colour coordination problems at least here gear doesn't seem like failed fashion concepts or rags tied together. Supposed to be Jedi, respectable negotiators, counsellors and agents of the order. At the moment they look like anything but.

LOL what till you get the head gear (green item) but has 62 WP on the lvl 50 FP Kaon Under Siege. Horrible to say the least. Looks like something from Greek mytholgy.

For the first time I said No, even it 100 WP.

Edited by limenutpen