Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

EU / US Maintenance Times Seperate - Poll

Syrellaris

The issue at hand is that maintenance as it is at the moment, is Convenient for our US brethren, from 2 AM to 8 AM. However for Maintenance being Simultaneously for both US and EU, these times propose a problem for us Europeans.

This post here is a Poll and thus a Feedback post for our Developers, maintenance crew to make it easier for them to decide if Simultaneously or separate server maintenance is required.

I do however understand that some European fans might not be satisfied with this, as a separate maintenance would mean the US gets patches before us. However keep in mind this also means that any patch problems can be corrected before rolled out on our EU servers.

Let the voices and votes be heard! Please /Signed if you agree with separate times.

/signed .

Absolutely ridiculous that europeans always get **** over by maintenance times whilst for the rest its during the night... I have my vacation at the moment and this is the 3th or 4th time I cant play during daytime because BW has felt it neccesary do patch during EU daytime...

As I mentioned in another thread, BioWare chose a time when most Americans are sleeping, and most Europeans are at work and school.

It's not prime-time for anyone.

And for the Americans that happen to be awake and wanting to play during that time, or the Europeans who aren't at work or school during that time, BioWare has to plan for the 80% not the 20% or fringe cases. In other words, that's how the ball rolls for some.

The time they've chosen is the best for all.

The only people who could complain are the Oceanic players, but they know they have their own servers coming soon-ish. Although we don't know if they'll be on a separate schedule.

Edited by Lethality

As I mentioned in another thread, BioWare chose a time when most Americans are sleeping, and most Europeans are at work and school.

It's not prime-time for anyone.

And for the Americans that happen to be awake and wanting to play during that time, or the Europeans who aren't at work or school during that time, BioWare has to plan for the 80% not the 20% or fringe cases. In other words, that's how the ball rolls for some.

Bollocks!

How hard would it really be to have separate maintenance time for US versus EU. Other companies manage to do that, so why not EA/Bioware?

Bollocks!

How hard would it really be to have separate maintenance time for US versus EU. Other companies manage to do that, so why not EA/Bioware?

There could be technical reasons you're not aware of. I doubt its so engineers can sleep in. Do you honestly think they didn't choose the best time they could for MOST players?

Bollocks!

What about NA players that play on EU servers, or vice versa? Those would still be affected by the times!

There is no way to do split maintenance, it has been said many many times before. They would have to start region locking the game. And as I said, if they start doing that, what about NA players that play on EU servers, or vice versa? Would EU players be moved to a random EU server and be forced to play on an EU server without choice?

If I have time to play, and my NA servers are down, you bet I will roll on a EU server. Just because you will not, does not mean it will not happen. I do have time to play, so you bet I will be playing. It might not happen this way. But a good business decision can not be made on a "might".

Think of all the issues that would occur if they start doing split maintenance. Then the EU servers will go down/get massive queues from NA players and we would have more complaints.....Just live with the maintenance.

Edited by Nighthawked

What about NA players that play on EU servers, or vice versa? Those would still be affected by the times!

There is no way to do split maintenance, it has been said many many times before. They would have to start region locking the game. And as I said, if they start doing that, what about NA players that play on EU servers, or vice versa? Would EU players be moved to a random EU server and be forced to play on an EU server without choice?

If I have time to play, and my NA servers are down, you bet I will roll on a EU server. Just because you will not, does not mean it will not happen. I do have time to play, so you bet I will be playing. It might not happen this way. But a good business decision can not be made on a "might".

Think of all the issues that would occur if they start doing split maintenance. Then the EU servers will go down/get massive queues from NA players and we would have more complaints.....Just live with the maintenance.

^^^ that would be much worse

The maintenance times are really bad for me but I rather just take a break for a couple of hours,

and many times doesn't even take the whole designated hours.

The issue at hand is that maintenance as it is at the moment, is Convenient for our US brethren, from 2 AM to 8 AM. However for Maintenance being Simultaneously for both US and EU, these times propose a problem for us Europeans.

This post here is a Poll and thus a Feedback post for our Developers, maintenance crew to make it easier for them to decide if Simultaneously or separate server maintenance is required.

I do however understand that some European fans might not be satisfied with this, as a separate maintenance would mean the US gets patches before us. However keep in mind this also means that any patch problems can be corrected before rolled out on our EU servers.

Let the voices and votes be heard! Please /Signed if you agree with separate times.

*pssssst*

This won't happen. They have said countless times that is much easier and time-efficient to do all the servers at once. Plus (big shocker here, I know) this way all the content drops at the same time. Sorry you don't like it but you better get used to it, because this ain't happening.

I am European as well,but i live in Japan,so i usually got the maintenance between 17:00 p.m and 23:00 p.m,which is ok for me because i always finish to work late.

at the other hands¥ for my fellow European mates who lives there,i think there is not a real point to sign this,i guess the majority of us who play this game are over 20,so most of us during day time are at work,and i guess it`s fine how they set the schedule for the weekly maintenance.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.