Personal Speeders

Kazmtyh

How about a redesign of speeders?

Right now speeders are nothing more than a run-speed boost; I think they can be much more. How about BioWare make them more like our Personal Ships and not just a boost to sprint?

Make them upgradeable and customizable. Add in upgrade slots like you have on your personal Ship.

• Slot for Armor (To take more damage before you get knocked off)
  • Slot for a Defensive ability (maybe an AOE knock-back?)
  • Slot for an Engine (more speed, 90-110-150-200%, make the engines have level limits like ship parts.)
  • Slot for Body (change the design or color/paint job.)
  • Slot for Speed Boost (Short 2-5 second double speed with a few minute cool-down.)

Give players one speeder and let them make it their own. You can even add in epic drops for upgrades into flashpoints. Just make them a bit more interesting and fun. Not a 'need' but it would be a neat feature, and the game mechanics are already in place. It wouldn't take too much time to program the rest.

Just a thought.

Edited by Kazmtyh

I'd love to see them remove the getting knocked off my speeder. If I wanted to fight the pack of ranged mobs I'm skimming by I wouldn't be riding my speeder past them to fall off in 1 shot and have my companion not be with me because companions and the party system bug out badly.

I'd love to see them remove the getting knocked off my speeder. If I wanted to fight the pack of ranged mobs I'm skimming by I wouldn't be riding my speeder past them to fall off in 1 shot and have my companion not be with me because companions and the party system bug out badly.

Well, speeders aren't there as a why to bypass enemies. For that, you have to be smarter and not travel in a straight line right by or through them.

Well, speeders aren't there as a why to bypass enemies. For that, you have to be smarter and not travel in a straight line right by or through them.

That's why I suggested the Armor, a knock-back and a maybe a speed-boost. You are right, you shouldn't be 100% safe just because you are on a speeder.

How about a redesign of speeders?

Right now speeders are nothing more than a run-speed boost; I think they can be much more. How about BioWare make them more like our Personal Ships and not just a boost to sprint?

Make them upgradeable and customizable. Add in upgrade slots like you have on your personal Ship.

• Slot for Armor (To take more damage before you get knocked off)
  • Slot for a Defensive ability (maybe an AOE knock-back?)
  • Slot for an Engine (more speed, 90-110-150-200%, make the engines have level limits like ship parts.)
  • Slot for Body (change the design or color/paint job.)
  • Slot for Speed Boost (Short 2-5 second double speed with a few minute cool-down.)

Give players one speeder and let them make it their own. You can even add in epic drops for upgrades into flashpoints. Just make them a bit more interesting and fun. Not a 'need' but it would be a neat feature, and the game mechanics are already in place. It wouldn't take too much time to program the rest.

Just a thought.

A nice thought! /support

Greater customization is always better in MMOs. Changing the paint job would be amazing. I want a color that isn't all drab and rusted...

This would definitely be a way to make Cybertech not be useless. The cybertech speeders should be slightly faster than the rest and have slightly more damage resistance.

I would also like some of the physically larger speeders to be able to hold a friend in a passenger seat.

^this. I loved in galaxies (I know its not the same game guys, I know.) You could get a two seater pretty early and I loved questing with my friends in this game. This would just add to the fun.

Greater customization is always better in MMOs. Changing the paint job would be amazing. I want a color that isn't all drab and rusted...

This would definitely be a way to make Cybertech not be useless. The cybertech speeders should be slightly faster than the rest and have slightly more damage resistance.

Very true sir.

It is odd - Cybertech makes all this different stuff, yet I can't convince myself to take it. If it could make speeder parts as proposed here in addition to ship parts, I think I'd be sold.

It is odd - Cybertech makes all this different stuff, yet I can't convince myself to take it. If it could make speeder parts as proposed here in addition to ship parts, I think I'd be sold.

Cybertech is one of the few really good skills to have maxed out.

You know that paint-job is the only thing that makes a difference between models, right?

For example: a difference between speeder from daily commendations, from PvP and from VIP vendor is only in paintjob.

I don't think this will ever change.

As for the other stuff: Great ideas.

You know that paint-job is the only thing that makes a difference between models, right?

There are several body types at each level. There are some that are the same with different colors, but not all level 25,40,50 speeders look the same.

What drives me nuts is the fact that you can't trade or sell the damn things... you have a Mounts section on the GTN ffs. Basically making it so people cant make money making them and those who don't have awesome looking mounts ( lets be honest here folks the mounts Star Wars have for sale are horrible and ugly as hell. ) are stuck with whatever SWTOR devs are punishing us with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...