Purple crystals/curved sabers avail. on Republic?

AJediKnight

Simple question: are purple crystals and curved-hilted sabers available on the Republic? And, if not, why? I've been browsing the vendors in the Republic fleet and cannot for the life of me find an example of either -- are they available through raids, or are there simply none at all?

Frankly, if the answer is no, it makes very little sense. Curved-hilted sabers were invented for practitioners of Form II, Makashi, which was hardly unique to the Sith. Furthermore, since when is Purple a Sith-only color? And, what's more, if the desire was to keep purple crystals rare, then why the hell are they slotted into nearly every endgame Sith saber?

I'm just baffled at the reasoning (or lack thereof) at work here.

Edited by AJediKnight

AFAIK, both sides can get purple (aka magenta) crystal , it is a very rare drop, and you must do a longwinded process on hoth i think it is to get one outside of raiding

you got me on the curved hilts though...i didnt even knew they existed till now, dont think ive seen one on empire here on death wind co.

Simple question: are purple crystals and curved-hilted sabers available on the Republic? And, if not, why? I've been browsing the vendors in the Republic fleet and cannot for the life of me find an example of either -- are they available through raids, or are there simply none at all?

Frankly, if the answer is no, it makes very little sense. Curved-hilted sabers were invented for practitioners of Form II, Makashi, which was hardly unique to the Sith. Furthermore, since when is Purple a Sith-only color? And, what's more, if the desire was to keep purple crystals rare, then why the hell are they slotted into nearly every endgame Sith saber?

I'm just baffled at the reasoning (or lack thereof) at work here.

My original belief was that blue and green were republic colors and red and purple were empire. Did this change at some point?

Can't help you with curved hilts -- don't know much about them unfortunately.

AFAIK, both sides can get purple (aka magenta) crystal , it is a very rare drop, and you must do a longwinded process on hoth i think it is to get one outside of raiding

you got me on the curved hilts though...i didnt even knew they existed till now, dont think ive seen one on empire here on death wind co.

I thought Purple and Magenta were different crystal colors.

I know Repubs can get Magenta as you say -- though doesn't PvP gear on the empire side come with purple crystals built in?

Purple =/= Magenta. The magenta crystal is closer to pink.

No, there is no purple crystal for the republic atm.

AFAIK, there is no curved hilt for the republic atm.

Why? Because the devs thought arbitrary things like this would be a good idea. There's no reason whatsoever.

Everytime I see the magenta blade I think it's a washed out red hehe. As a DS Jedi I'd love to see the addition of a purple crystal.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.