WalMart PreOrder Troubles

Ruei

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ps: not that this thread applies to me anymore since my local best but still had a few copies and I canceled walmarts order.

I did speak with various people on the phone today with Walmart. The furthest I got was one of the managers? Head of the past 5 people I spoke to. He ended up telling me there is nothing that he can do and the date April 23rd is when they are suspected to get another shipment from Bioware, he even told me he has looked into this and has come to suspect that all CE's were shipped the first two rounds, the 12th and the 16th (shipped from EA to walmart). So even he is a hit doubtful here.

Then I asked him about the Paypal vs CC thing and he wasn't very sure, he suspected that Walmart's computer had flagged them over Paypal as it is direct transfer from a much more trusted source than PayPal. He was just taking shots into the dark as to why it would ship to the CC customers first.

My guess would be that Walmart sees them as more trustful customers?

Just my 2cents.

Good luck to those of you sticking it out with Walmart preorder.

My tip would be: call around to local retail stores that sell games to see if any had any leftover or canceled preorders as most in store pre orders only apply for so long. (GameStop is 2 days until the preorder is forfeit). But from what I heard most places we're shipped nearly 5-10 extra. My best buy (just south of Indianapolis Indiana) had 8 non-preorder CE's available this morning (the other 2 were taken by staff members and set aside)

your not seriously asking/demanding Bioware do something about this are you? Walmart paid Bioware X amount of dollars for X amount of copies they needed, if Walmart makes a mistake with X amount of copies then you only have Walmart to blame, dont ask bioware to go yelling at walmart for you.

I don't trust preordering video games from the same place I shop for groceries. I just can't do it.

Neither do I. As I've said fifteen million times already - Walmart was the vendor linked from the website that still had some when I went to purchase.

And RE Bioware's help - I have exhausted every avenue possible with a vendor they recommended to purchase their game from. So, yes, I do expect them to have the same wherewithal they had with getting the Amazon, Newegg and other online retailers shipped in time put to use making sure that someone who has been charged actually gets a copy of the game they make.

It's a request. Because I can't get anywhere with these people and they, at the very least, have avenues I do not.

your not seriously asking/demanding Bioware do something about this are you? Walmart paid Bioware X amount of dollars for X amount of copies they needed, if Walmart makes a mistake with X amount of copies then you only have Walmart to blame, dont ask bioware to go yelling at walmart for you.

Sorry, EAware gets blame as well.

When you advertise a place as an official source of your game, you are just as accountable when that source screws up. Especially since, with this game, EVERY store listed on the pre-order page has had confusion and trouble, not just Wal-Mart.

Know how EAware could have solved this? They could have skipped the stores and took all the CE physical orders themselves and then shipped directly to the customers themselves.

But no, they wanted to make everyone believe the pre-orders, CE's in particular, were "limited", so they used other stores to sell the game while being able to put on their own site "sold out". It was all marketing crap to put everyone in a fervor to buy the game before all the copies "ran out".

Isn't it funny how they said they would have "limited availability" all the way up to early release, yet even at official release there are CE's on STORE SHELVES in places, they never stopped selling the digital versions to "limit" them in any way, and the MILLIONS who bought the "oh so limited" game got in on release day?

Edited by Zorvan

so what if walmart refunded paypal but i received the game? will they charge it in the future?

Did that happen to you cause I will not pay the motherf*@ker's one red cent...canceled my order today after i called CS & was told they didn't have my product & ordered elsewhere... I will not be putting any funds in my PP account 4 the SOB's either so they can sit and spin !!!!!

Ea/BW and Walmart all made mistakes that caused this situation. My Walmart CE is still "processing" although I paid them on July 22. I will never buy online from walmart again.

I hope that Corporate Carpet Bomb ( CCB ) has a wide AOE on it.

Why all the hate for EA when it's not their fault (Walmart *WAS* supplied with copies)? And why no hate for Paypal? It sounds like the main issue is Paypal not releasing the funds expeditiously and Wal-Mart not shipping products that haven't been paid for yet. Skimming most of the pages of this thread, no one who ordered from Wal-Mart with a credit card instead of using Paypal is having problems. Paypal has been well-known for years for being a really, really poor company (they basically scammed people out of charity funds meant to go toward the Red Cross after Hurricane Katrina in 2005, and there have been numerous examples of their terrible business practices since), and I have NO idea why anyone trusts them with one red cent, much less $150 transactions. Why aren't you spamming Paypal (the #1 party to blame) with email/tweets/etc?

Short version: NEVER EVER USE PAYPAL. Consider this a lesson learned in that regard.

Hmm this is interesting. Newegg says they shipped and even gave me a UPS tracking number. UPS isn't showing anything. Of course that may simply because of Next day shipping, it may not show anything till it arrives here, I don't know. I don't usually ship UPS.

Hmm this is interesting. Newegg says they shipped and even gave me a UPS tracking number. UPS isn't showing anything. Of course that may simply because of Next day shipping, it may not show anything till it arrives here, I don't know. I don't usually ship UPS.

some time with newegg it take some time for there system to update ,

mine was 2nd day before it said anything but now it's on its way to me now and should be here tomorrow

Think am going to phone walmart and F#$K with them abit lol

some time with newegg it take some time for there system to update ,

mine was 2nd day before it said anything but now it's on its way to me now and should be here tomorrow

Think am going to phone walmart and F#$K with them abit lol

Yeah I noticed that. UPS is now showing my CE in Ohio. So much for paying for Next day shipping. I will be cut off maybe a half a day, but thats ok. At least I am getting it.

Sorry for the rest of you that are still waiting on Walmart that will be cut off indefinitely.

If anyone wants I can be reached on Facebook if you would like me to update the threads after I get my CE (since you have to have an active sub to post), you can message me there and I will post an update for you to the thread.

Why all the hate for EA when it's not their fault (Walmart *WAS* supplied with copies)? And why no hate for Paypal? It sounds like the main issue is Paypal not releasing the funds expeditiously and Wal-Mart not shipping products that haven't been paid for yet. Skimming most of the pages of this thread, no one who ordered from Wal-Mart with a credit card instead of using Paypal is having problems. Paypal has been well-known for years for being a really, really poor company (they basically scammed people out of charity funds meant to go toward the Red Cross after Hurricane Katrina in 2005, and there have been numerous examples of their terrible business practices since), and I have NO idea why anyone trusts them with one red cent, much less $150 transactions. Why aren't you spamming Paypal (the #1 party to blame) with email/tweets/etc?

Short version: NEVER EVER USE PAYPAL. Consider this a lesson learned in that regard.

Do you consider getting robbed at gun point a "lesson" too?

AGAIN. Because, apparently, reading comprehension in this country is really just THAT BAD:

1. No want Walmart
  2. Had use Walmart
  3. No help bad
  4. Paypal give money when asked
  5. Customer Service useless (bad)
  6. EA and Bioware bigger than tiny humans; EA and Bioware able do more

Does that help? I tried to make it easier this time.

lol

PayPal did give them the money. Wal-Mart refunded it but never tried to recharge it. How is that PayPal's fault? There are people who have gotten their CE's and not even been charged for them because Wal-Marts ********** computers never sent in the request to PayPal after refunding the original charge to PayPal because of the computers "glitch".

And again, it is EAware's fault simply because they recommended Wal-Mart as an official retailer of the CE. More importantly, EVERY *********** STORE ON EAWARES PREORDER SITE HAD *********** ISSUES BECAUSE OF COMMUNICATION ERRORS WITH EAWARE. Not one store, or even two, but ALL OF THEM. All the way from pre-order codes to shipping.

Not true actually. I received mine days ago, but a friend who ordered by card--same payment method as I, 4 days after me, and lives 20 minutes from me--is still processing. It isn't limited to paypal.

Same here it says still in "Process". have contacted Wallmart and was informed its been upgraded to billing and they will contact me.

When they cancelled my order from the glitch, they accredited my account also. Now it shows red like I owe, and the credit is there waiting for them to recharge it again. I will send to SWTOR support to show the info.

Beyond this I'm never buying anything online from Wallmart online ever......