No lie, this game's release felt like

CalvinDu

The release of The Phantom Menace.

The amazing trailer(s) and years of hype.. and we get this.

Enjoyable to play sometimes, but nothing as great as I expected.:cool:

The key to remember when you're going to post here is that.. admit it, you were expecting more.

Please don't lock this thread mods, it's a discussion/topic about the release hype of this game.

I got everything I wanted and then some.

Don't post a biased topic and ask that everyone conform to your belief. Thats just absurd.

This is not a topic, this is a bash against the game.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok.. so tell me lets say bioware put you in charge effective today.

how would you "turn this boat around" so to speak since TOR was such an absolute total and utter failure to you.

i heard bioware may even go out of business and take down EA with it :eek: at least that's what a buddy of mine said when he only say 86 people in the republic fleet.

I'd milk it for money and donate all of it to the SWGEmu project.

Edited by _Miranda_

I got everything I wanted and then some.

Don't post a biased topic and ask that everyone conform to your belief. Thats just absurd.

This is not a topic, this is a bash against the game.

It's not a bash of the game. I enjoy the game for the most part.

My topic is about my hype and to see if anyone else shares the same feeling. Can we not have a discussion about this?

ok.. so tell me lets say bioware put you in charge effective today.

how would you "turn this boat around" so to speak since TOR was such an absolute total and utter failure to you.

i heard bioware may even go out of business and take down EA with it :eek: at least that's what a buddy of mine said when he only say 86 people in the republic fleet.

I would put Francesco Schettino in charge of day to day operations. :D

I started following this game when it was nothing but rumors, and was here on the forums on day 1. I had thousands of posts on these forums before the launch wipe (in other words, I was extremely active here). I beta tested for 6 months. I was here for EGA and launch. I'm still trying to convince myself. I've come close to admitting reality a few times and cancelling; I'm only subscribed now due to apathy and BW's billing communications ineptitude (email says subscription expired and couldn't be renewed due to expired CC because exp date was this month, card not actually expired until end of month though; ignored it since said wasn't able to renew, figured it was fate making the decision for me. . . but it did renew).

It's hard to admit disappointing realities to yourself, sometimes, even if you know the reality in your mind.

I absolutely agree.

The key to remember when you're going to post here is that.. admit it, you were expecting more.

Please don't lock this thread mods, it's a discussion/topic about the release hype of this game.

Nope, the game exceeded my expectations. But then I had realistic expectations.

Edited by Apocalypsezero

It's not a bash of the game. I enjoy the game for the most part.

My topic is about my hype and to see if anyone else shares the same feeling. Can we not have a discussion about this?

You can't tell someone that the game was not as good as the hype, and then ask them to discuss that.

Not everyone feels that the game was over hyped, there are lots of people who were not expecting EVERYTHING to be handed to them perfectly. Many of us are aware of how MMO's actually work and take time to get to a good point.

You want to have a discussion, try posting a thread that isn't biased from the start.

Is that what we're calling low standards and a lack of self-respect now?

Personally, it's what I call not being a spoiled MMO noob brat who wants everything their way and wants it that way NOW and having an extremely high sense of entitlement.

Just my $0.02. Don't mind me.

Is that what we're calling low standards and a lack of self-respect now?

That is just an insult to other players, and has no foundation.

Just because YOU don't like the game doesn't mean the rest of us don't. And it certainly doesn't mean your opinion is the standard by any stretch of the imagination.

Why is it impossible to notice something like bad directing or bad acting or bad writing?

Lol how do you notice bad directing and bad writing. People only say these kind of things because they are looking for problems with the movies because they have peer pressure to hate them.

You can't tell someone that the game was not as good as the hype, and then ask them to discuss that.

Not everyone feels that the game was over hyped, there are lots of people who were not expecting EVERYTHING to be handed to them perfectly. Many of us are aware of how MMO's actually work and take time to get to a good point.

You want to have a discussion, try posting a thread that isn't biased from the start.

Yet, people have posted their opinion that they disagree with me. This game lived up to their own hype. I respected that.

I also respect(Hmm, probably not in my head but..) the people who found the Phantom Menace to be good too.

You can post that you disagree with me and state your opinion why, the whole point of this thread was to see if other people agreed with me, or if they don't.

It's not hard to understand.

You have nobody to blame but yourself for not doing the research on what this game was ultimately going to be. FAIL.

From my research of the game, the hype mainly revolved around the class-based stories and the fully-voiced dialogue.

And they hit those points perfectly.

It really is a far cry to play the game and then visit the forums here because I simply don't see the issues.

I've experienced a bug here and there with quests/companions and the frame rate drop indoors. But overall my experience has been fine. Every night I log in and put in a few hours pvping and doing stuff on diff planets and it's all good.

But a few bugs here and there and a couple MMO conventions that aren't around like customizable UI or an LFD tool and BAM ....."THIS GAME FAILS!!!!!! JAMES OHLEN FAILS!!!! SWTOR = WORST MMO IN HISTORY!!!!!"

I see a few issues being blown out of proportion and constant stomping on what makes this game good.

Fully-voiced dialogue = FAIL - $200 million waste

Class stories = FAIL - I have to run around a lot.....

It's sad..

You have nobody to blame but yourself for not doing the research on what this game was ultimately going to be. FAIL.

This game.. did not deliver in several fronts, as advertised.

How can you deny that?

I did do quite a lot of research, I must have missed something?

It's like saying I did not do enough research.. coming into the prequel movies.

Edited by CalvinDu

This game.. did not deliver in several fronts, as advertised.

How can you deny that?

I did do quite a lot of research, I must have missed something?

It's like saying I did not do enough research.. coming into the prequel movies.

It delivered in many fronts actually. Yes it could be improved, but it's amazing that a few bugs and a UI can cause so much hate.

Show me proof of what was advertised that isn't in the game.

This will be my quickest reply ever, there are many things but I think the easiest for you to find out for yourself right now since you're already on this site..

Check the gameplay trailers/gameplay pictures. Do they have the same texture/graphical shadow quality of the game we currently have? No.

Just one example.