Droid Parts??

Mondavian

I've been training Cybertech on one of my toons, and I noticed he can produce several "droid parts." I have yet to see a droid companion (other than the droid that comes with your ship), so what are these parts used for? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Well, you named one that everyone can use. Your droid companion from your ship can be equipped with droid parts if you want him out in the world (he's a healer).

That said, some classes have droid companions. Jedi Knight's first companion is a droid, Imperial Agents get a droid (Scorpio), and troopers get a droid.

If you're an Imperial, then forget about droid parts. Pretend they don't exist, unless you really want to use your ship's droid for some odd reason. As far as I know, there is only one other droid companion on Imperial side, and that one isn't obtained until late game, so Cybertech crafted droid parts are never needed.

• 1 month later...
Imperial Agent gets Scorpio which is a droid

Which isn't acquired until late game, and thus has no need of Cybertech crafted droid parts, only the mods that can go in them.

Even if you DID want to craft some droid parts for Scorpio, there is still no reason to buy the lower level schematics, not unless you really, really want to use the ship's droid.

Personally, I wouldn't even purchase the droid part schematics on Imperial side, it's a waste of credits. Imperial Cybertechs pretty much got the shaft on that one. Why they would invalidate a segment of crafting on one faction like that still mystifies me.

Yeah, those craftable droid parts are practically useless. It's a damn shame.

Also, it seems that the droid specialization cores coming in 1.2 (the ones that improve your ship droids crew skills) are to be bought from a vendor, and not created/sold by a cybertech.

This is REALLY disappointing: I was hoping I could could craft Droid Cores as a cybertech that every other crafter would want to boost their crew skills.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.