Another Arena Thread

Wheresthemilk

Can we get arena's please? 4v4's?

I Do not want gear rewards for it, I do not want valor rewards for it, I only want the competition and maybe a ladder system.

No reason to give arena players the best gear, we already have it.

I just want something that is more fun than warzones one after another.

Tired of facerolling the empire on my server. I probably win 90% of the time because of how easy it is for republics to be matched up with pugs.

There is already a game with these crappy arenas in them. Go play it. Keep them out of here.

but I do not enjoy that game anymore, and it is outdated. If this is going to be the future, why cant we have everything?

Whats the point in not having arenas? you dont want things to be balanced? Afraid your rp crew will get hurt by arenas somehow?

Arenas the horrible WoW joke even the dev's said was a failure, just another venue for epeen nut lickers to proclaim themselves masters of an unbalanced universe, NO.

how does ones epeen negatively affect you though? Its not like you would be in the arenas, you clearly dislike them. So when would they ever be proclaiming how much better they are than you to you?

Also, the wow dev comment is completely misquoted, but yes it does come with some flaws. Why cant this dev team learn from mistakes and implement a better arena system?

If you guys hate arenas so much then don't play them. Some of us really love them and would like some sort of format for these. It doesn't have to reap any rewards or give us anything special. We already know we are better then you, we just want somewhere to compete against other good players. Facerolling you over and over in warzones get's boring, sorry.

but I do not enjoy that game anymore, and it is outdated. If this is going to be the future, why cant we have everything?

Whats the point in not having arenas? you dont want things to be balanced? Afraid your rp crew will get hurt by arenas somehow?

No - afraid you arena junkies will cry foul every time you die to a better class. Arenas are terrible for class balance and cause way to many nerfs to things unjustified. Areas are for bad PvPers that take advantage of class balance.

Yeah, yeah, you just want them for the fun...whatever. next it will be we need rewards, we need season gear, we need, we need. Biggest buncha whiners in MMO history are WoW arena players.

Edited by Qilz

I am 100% for arena with a few stipulations.

1. Never EVER balance around them, why the hell should raiders have to deal with classes suddenly becoming useless because xyza comp is op as **** in a controlled pole humping environment.

2. NO GEAR REWARDS. If you must award gear, make it same stuff you get from WZ's anyway, and at the same rate, that way if you don't like arena you can still do wz's and be at least viable, not steamrolled by a bunch of no lifers who farmed all their free epix from arena just so they could stomp "noobs"

3. Ladder system that is visible and resets one a week, none of this season crap, and hell let people watch the games. Guildwars lets people watch the big matches, make it fun for everyone not just those who do everything they can to reach the top.

Like I said I am for arena, and competitve play, but you have to remember this exsists inside a PVE game with pvp tacked on. The pve balance has to come first. If this game was PVP centric with pve on the side, then of course i would be for balancing around arena, but this is a pve game.

I am 100% for arena with a few stipulations.

1. Never EVER balance around them, why the hell should raiders have to deal with classes suddenly becoming useless because xyza comp is op as **** in a controlled pole humping environment.

2. NO GEAR REWARDS. If you must award gear, make it same stuff you get from WZ's anyway, and at the same rate, that way if you don't like arena you can still do wz's and be at least viable, not steamrolled by a bunch of no lifers who farmed all their free epix from arena just so they could stomp "noobs"

3. Ladder system that is visible and resets one a week, none of this season crap, and hell let people watch the games. Guildwars lets people watch the big matches, make it fun for everyone not just those who do everything they can to reach the top.

Like I said I am for arena, and competitve play, but you have to remember this exsists inside a PVE game with pvp tacked on. The pve balance has to come first. If this game was PVP centric with pve on the side, then of course i would be for balancing around arena, but this is a pve game.

I agree with all of these things. I think with only 4 classes and pretty much exact mirrors (I know there are some minor things but the big ones are being fixed, and the minor ones do not determine a match) this game will be very balanced for arena. Get rolled by a certain comp, sorry its your perfect counter.

Let me sum this up for some of you:

The people who dislike and constantly hate on arenas, suck at arenas.

Over the course of time, changes made to classes strictly because of arena were very rare and minimally effected PvE; in fact, many changes that were warranted and needed for arena content never saw the light of day for fear of PvE being effected.

im surprised a hardcore player would actually have the faith in bw's ability to implement any type of arena system after what they have shown us so far to actually want arena here.

I want some type of public leaderboard in something. I have done arena basically for its entire wow existence so im sick of it and would like something new but wz and ilum are def not getting it done.

im surprised a hardcore player would actually have the faith in bw's ability to implement any type of arena system after what they have shown us so far to actually want arena here.

I want some type of public leaderboard in something. I have done arena basically for its entire wow existence so im sick of it and would like something new but wz and ilum are def not getting it done.

Faith or not, I feel like I can safely speak for the hardcore pvp'ers in this game that something needs to be done to appease us. GW2 just had a big announcement today, dont think we didnt notice that, and want this game to make some strides towards making it more fun for us.

as it stands, leaderboards without 8v8 premades will be a total disaster if thats what they are planning. I hope they can give us some update on competitive pvp soon as I am personally getting impatient.

if they plan on focusing a lot of resources on ilum, I and every other serious player will just laugh. imbalance is impossible to fix, please start focusing on the other aspects of pvp.

The people who say the above comments are people who are average at arenas at best but seem to think they are better than they are and come to a new game talking like they get a permanent glad title in wow ever season.

There are many people who dont want arena in a new game who dominated in their day. And either quit because they got sick of it or just want something new.

I have played way too many arena games and seen way to many awful pvpers get carried, ride a fotm or get insanely lucky in their queue timing rating farming to think arena is any type of end all, must have, gold standard of skill activity.

The main thing that makes it so everyone calls for arena in every game is for the most part if you are good at the game you will rank high in arenas. The big problem for me at least is bad players will also sometimes rank high in arenas and thus makes the entire exercise not very credible.

If there is arena heck yeah i will play but do i want arena? not really as i said in other arena threads it would be cool to get something different than a super scripted 3on3 team duel. Plus my personal opinion is once you have arena all other pvp is on the backburner since we pvp for ego and fun and arena always trumps all other pvp in every game it has been in and i think tor would be a better game is we dont go right into that off the bat.

Over the course of time, changes made to classes strictly because of arena were very rare and minimally effected PvE; in fact, many changes that were warranted and needed for arena content never saw the light of day for fear of PvE being effected.

Let me sum this post up for you, you are an elitist douche who thinks his opinions on everything is gospel. I am not against arena, I am against arena causing classes to be made similar just to be viable in arena. Which happened in wow quite often, also many many people just want arena to get ez gear to sthey can go stomp people who have less gear. These people do not want fair fights, or epic arena battles, they want ez wins to stroke their epeen nothing more.

Let me sum this post up for you, you are an elitist douche who thinks his opinions on everything is gospel. I am not against arena, I am against arena causing classes to be made similar just to be viable in arena. Which happened in wow quite often, also many many people just want arena to get ez gear to sthey can go stomp people who have less gear. These people do not want fair fights, or epic arena battles, they want ez wins to stroke their epeen nothing more.

Why do you have to assume Bioware has to homogenize classes to make them competitive in say 3vs3 or 4vs4 content?

And yes, what I say is the gospel compared to the crap nerd ragers like you spout on these forums.

The people who say the above comments are people who are average at arenas at best but seem to think they are better than they are and come to a new game talking like they get a permanent glad title in wow ever season.

There are many people who dont want arena in a new game who dominated in their day. And either quit because they got sick of it or just want something new.

I have played way too many arena games and seen way to many awful pvpers get carried, ride a fotm or get insanely lucky in their queue timing rating farming to think arena is any type of end all, must have, gold standard of skill activity.

The main thing that makes it so everyone calls for arena in every game is for the most part if you are good at the game you will rank high in arenas. The big problem for me at least is bad players will also sometimes rank high in arenas and thus makes the entire exercise not very credible.

If there is arena heck yeah i will play but do i want arena? not really as i said in other arena threads it would be cool to get something different than a super scripted 3on3 team duel. Plus my personal opinion is once you have arena all other pvp is on the backburner since we pvp for ego and fun and arena always trumps all other pvp in every game it has been in and i think tor would be a better game is we dont go right into that off the bat.

We just completely disagree, perhaps I'll leave it at that and move on. Good luck to you sir.

If they do not implement arenas, it has to be 8v8 ranked matches that are arenas but in warzones, with 8v8 team sizes... I understand they have said ranked wz's are coming, but they way they talk about it seems more like they will be tracking stats like win/loss ratio and kills... not actual rankings where good teams play other good teams.

I had a match a couple days ago with some of the best pvp'ers on the server. It was extremely close and a lot of vent nerd raging was going on to see who could win I am sure. That is what I pvp for, not the other 90% of my matches that end up with people quitting after seeing a few black-blue lightsabers.