The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware. Here's how to balance Sorcerers

Rhazesx

The fact of the matter is if they would replace their lightning with rocks and vases the Inquisitor population which is by far the largest in numbers when compared to ANY other class, would be cut to half instantly.

lol, yeh no one would like to look lame.

lightning looks cool = republic sadface

lightning animation blocks the view of the BHs and Snipers that are also attacking = OP

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We can all sit here & debate all we want but being an MMO player for over 16+ years ( Started with Meridian 59 ), I can say that a Sorcerer nerf is coming sometime in the near future. So many players wouldn't be rolling Sorcerers if they sucked now would they? :).

-LatinLegacy

Normally Id agree with this concept (huge number of people playing a class=OP class).

In this case though there was a huge number of people playing the class at release, BEFORE anyone could determine if it was OP or not.

What I seen lately in the lv10-49 bracket that I didn't see in December is 2-3 Ops in every WZ and almost as many shadows/sins. I've hit several wz lately where out of 8 players on the imp side 5-6 of them were sins or OPs. What the tells me after of a month of play time and evaluations players have found the FOTM classes.

The fact of the matter is if they would replace their lightning with rocks and vases the Inquisitor population which is by far the largest in numbers when compared to ANY other class, would be cut to half instantly.

Fixes the problem most people have with sorcerers.

There are 6 per match. That means they are OP.

On my server there are just as my consulars as there are sorcs, if not more in some matches.

Your argument is childish. You got beat by a class you don't know how to counter, therefore they need to be nerfed so they're an easy kill for you and your lackluster playstyle.

what more comical is as there is no actual combat log in game noone can possibly say anything is op. I was still eating 9k operative bursts in ilum before through 500 exp..

i say operative because thats what i saw..

without a combat log you cant see who is actually doing the damage the same as these ******* who claim bubble absorbs 3trillion damage.

there is probably a reason that bioware didnt put a combat log in. and its likely to prevent the mass spam of **** SCREENSHOT dickness the wow forums have.

@ those ppl who claim sorcs/sages are op. follow my sig link

Edited by Tsubodia

Its a standard thing in MMOS that the casters get some sort of bubbling skill.

WoW mages and priests had bubbles

Rift casters had bubbles

Age of Conan mages had group regenerating wards

Everquest 2 mages had mana shield

Yeah, but in those games, the debuff timer starts on losing the shield, not when casting it.

There are 6 per match. That means they are OP.

NO that means people like purple lightning that is the main reason lots of us even made one. Mines an assassin though atm lol. BUT purple lightning was the the reason I even made and inquis and force choke was the main reason I made a sith warrior.

The problem with Sorcs/Sages isn't their dps, it's their insane amount of CC and Utility. I have a hard time beating an equally geared Sorc on my Commando simply because I'm stun locked or interrupted for half of the fight. If I do manage to get them low they just bubble up and super sprint away to heal up.

My Commando doesn't even have a ranged interrupt, no in combat movement speed/leap skills, and my one CC has a longish cooldown. The only time I can easily beat Sorcs is when they are bad and just try to facetank my damage.

The problem with Sorcs/Sages isn't their dps, it's their insane amount of CC and Utility. I have a hard time beating an equally geared Sorc on my Commando simply because I'm stun locked or interrupted for half of the fight. If I do manage to get them low they just bubble up and super sprint away to heal up.

My Commando doesn't even have a ranged interrupt, no in combat movement speed/leap skills, and my one CC has a longish cooldown. The only time I can easily beat Sorcs is when they are bad and just try to facetank my damage.

Commando complaining omg why don't you just heal your way thru most of it! I know you can you commando's even in your dps tree you can heal almost back to fudging full while hitting extremely hard. Maybe your just bad and don't see how even you are with good sorcerers.

Commandos have a short duration stun

Commandos have a long duration CC

Commandos have an ae knockback (knocks players back further than any other KB)

Commandos have a single target knockback

Commandos can slow their target using full auto or plasma cell if your assault spec

only one CC you say ?

Lol, Insane amount of CC huh?

Cool story, how many CC's do we have exactly?