Companions Question

Varnoc

I love using the DPS companions, first it was Vette then Jaesa. Now I am in my 40's and had some trouble on a class quest. After dying twice I decided to gear up and try Quinn. WOW, what a difference. I still prefer questing with Jaesa, but Quinn makes it so much easier.

As of right now; quest with Jaesa and pull out Quinn when things get hairy. This strategy proves to be much more costly than running with one companion, since i have to keep both in updated gear.

So as I get closer to 50 am I going to need Quinn more? I don't mind using Jaesa and healing after every other pull, but will I be forced to use Quinn in order to stay alive at 50?

I haven't tried using the tank companions yet, are they worth a shot?

P.S. I am carnage, if that makes a difference.

I love using the DPS companions, first it was Vette then Jaesa. Now I am in my 40's and had some trouble on a class quest. After dying twice I decided to gear up and try Quinn. WOW, what a difference. I still prefer questing with Jaesa, but Quinn makes it so much easier.

As of right now; quest with Jaesa and pull out Quinn when things get hairy. This strategy proves to be much more costly than running with one companion, since i have to keep both in updated gear.

So as I get closer to 50 am I going to need Quinn more? I don't mind using Jaesa and healing after every other pull, but will I be forced to use Quinn in order to stay alive at 50?

I haven't tried using the tank companions yet, are they worth a shot?

P.S. I am carnage, if that makes a difference.

Yep, your going to be using quinn alot after lvl 40. Espeically in places like belsavis, Correlia, and Ilum.

Yea, as much as I <3 Jaesa, once I hit my mid 40s, I started to use Quinn more and more. At 50, I pretty much use him exclusively, unless I pull out Jaesa just for a change of [slower] pace.

EDIT: If I was a roleplayer, I'd never use Quinn. Ever.

Edited by PenoNation

Thank you for the responses, that is what i was afraid of. I really like my darkside apprentice, such a shame that I will have to leave her behind.

Quinn really does make the content much easier, but Jaesa or Vette are so much fun to have as a companion.

Has anyone tried running with either tank?