Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

it's a minor effect but, as i made another topic before, Taral V spoiled part of the story for me, i'm guessing because they assumed that I was going to be past the story at that point, but I haven't been doing the story because of this bug...blahhhh, this seems so insignificant but the effect is just spiraling out of control

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This bug has officially ruined the game for me. I really don't want to play anymore.

Edit: ****, I already bought 6 months.

Try rolling another character like what im doing and put your JK on hold. Hopefully he/shes not that far into the story (like Act 3) so you wont miss out of anything.

This is certainly frustrating. I get the pop up that Kira wants to talk to me in the ship. Go to the ship. And no quest option. I choose the second flirt option (not the dark side one) so we kissed but nothing else. On alderaan soon to end act 1. We're at 4k + affection.

And the notifications that she wants to talk in the ship, pop up for a bit, then fade away... sigh

I'm trying to determine if I fell for the bug. I don't remember which choice I made (I've made some light and dark). Kira's affection is 4300, I'm level 31, and I'm on Alderraan. She hasn't talked to me since after the Jedi Council. Is this normal or when should she talk to me/give another quest?

This is certainly frustrating. I get the pop up that Kira wants to talk to me in the ship. Go to the ship. And no quest option. I choose the second flirt option (not the dark side one) so we kissed but nothing else. On alderaan soon to end act 1. We're at 4k + affection.

And the notifications that she wants to talk in the ship, pop up for a bit, then fade away... sigh

Just so you and future readers know... She isn't bugged in your case. The "Companion wants to talk but really doesn't" thing happens to all companions not just kira. Finish Act I and you'll be fine. Most companions dont start giving out many quests until after Act I. My BH is a good example of this. Mako gave me 4 or 5 quests... that was it. She stopped giving me quests at about lvl 20. About to finish act I and shes at 6k affection. Soon as act I is over she gives me like 7-10 quests in a row. Companion progression sometimes depends on main story progression. For those of us who are actually bugged, we are well into act II maybe even III and haven't had a single conversation with Kira excluding the very first conversation which I believe is entitled "Ground Rules." Once you've had the first kiss you should be fine.

Edited by Roarrk

As far as the Kira thing, i am 10k of 10k and in act 3. still bugged. the spoiler is great except by time it was figured out, i was well past it. If a ticket is sent in to Bioware they actually give you and answer, it's go read the forums. They are a lot of help.:mad:

Just so you and future readers know... She isn't bugged in your case. The "Companion wants to talk but really doesn't" thing happens to all companions not just kira. Finish Act I and you'll be fine. Most companions dont start giving out many quests until after Act I. My BH is a good example of this. Mako gave me 4 or 5 quests... that was it. She stopped giving me quests at about lvl 20. About to finish act I and shes at 6k affection. Soon as act I is over she gives me like 7-10 quests in a row. Companion progression sometimes depends on main story progression. For those of us who are actually bugged, we are well into act II maybe even III and haven't had a single conversation with Kira excluding the very first conversation which I believe is entitled "Ground Rules." Once you've had the first kiss you should be fine.

Oh, good. This makes me less trepidacious. I did not do the DS flirt )or anything flirt, yucky girl). An Alderaan now, both Kira and now T7 giving me the shiptalk icon, but no shiptalk. T7 gave me I think 3 talk-only quests before. Hopefully after I finish up Alderaan I should be good to go.

I think neither the quality of the game nor the smoothness of the launch have anything to do with it.

They may have produced one of the best MMOs of all times here, but they also made sure that I can't play it. And that is just mean.

If a guy keeps punching your nose repeatedly, are you really a jedi about it and say "Well he's got to stop eventually, doesn't he"?

Well I'm not. I don't take kindly to a punch in the nose.

Here's another thing: people keep saying "they said they're working on it"

Now I can honestly say, that I have no perception of how big this problem actually is or how long it should or shouldn't take them to fix it. But have a look at this:

http://www.swtor.com/de/community/showthread.php?t=9186&page=2

Here we have yellow post in the german forum dated 12.14.2011, well over two weeks ago, saying that they are working on a way to keep the ^-Key(left of the 1 on german keyboards) from opening a new support ticket... Basically they are working on reassigning a single key. How long can that possibly take?

Now I'm not saying that should be high on their list, or that they should fix this asap, but I am saying that either one of two things must be true:

1. When they say "we are working on a solution", they are lying.

2. They had to fire all their devellopment staff before release so they could pay for the servers, and the people they now have working on this have no idea what they are doing.

BW protip inbound

Fix kira before you really have a mess on your hands. the fact that this has been present since july shows both an inability to rectify your own programming flaws as well as serious attention to detail issues.

just another bug in a LONG line of many in the single buggiest beta i have ever been a part of. only problem is im now paying for the game......

I never chose any dark side flirt options with Kira so this may be the problem that many are experiencing? Kira and I have a budding romance and she has just informed me the it is not unheard of for Jedi to sometimes marry or even have children if given permission by the Jedi Council. Dont know if the bug you are referring to takes place before or after this stage of the romance quest with Kira.

Well I have been getting reports of very poor customer service from some members of my guild. Answer's like, if it isnt working re-roll you toon (a level 50). There have been other situations that members have stated the response was less then satisfactory. I dont know if EA is aware of the customer service we are recieving or not. I am sure that as large of a company as they are, they realize that customers are what pay the bills. Short answers, put offs, generic responses, and laying the blame back on the paying customers will not get any company very far. The bad reviews will likely start flying soon if the players arent kept in the loop. I know I can over look a lot of things if I know why, when and maybe how.

BW protip inbound

Fix kira before you really have a mess on your hands. the fact that this has been present since july shows both an inability to rectify your own programming flaws as well as serious attention to detail issues.

just another bug in a LONG line of many in the single buggiest beta i have ever been a part of. only problem is im now paying for the game......

Which obviously makes it the only beta you've ever played.

Finished Act I and over 5000 affection with Kira. Wasn't aware of any problems (I had been avoiding spoilers on forums) until she kept saying she wanted to speak to me but I can't/nothing happens, so here I am :( I also chose the 50 DS pts for the flirt but all other pts LS. Not going to ctd on with Act II until this is resolved ie not start the "back from leave" quest. Hope it's fixed for us soon, it's really annoying. Alt time perhaps for me... Edited by heybarn

WOW we have 100 pages of people telling all the same things and Bioware actually has given us no answer that is usefull. Why dont we all send 1 ticket a day and make them see we really need this fixed ASAP!

BIOWARE DO SOMETHING :(

i finally go the "brother" quest and afyer that.. i got all the conversation in one go. (i have allmost 6k affection now)

from my programming experiance, mybe the triggers in the game are bit bugged... that read the effection lvl u have?

just a guess... and ill leave it at that :)

hope bioware fixes it soon.

i finally go the "brother" quest and afyer that.. i got all the conversation in one go. (i have allmost 6k affection now)

from my programming experiance, mybe the triggers in the game are bit bugged... that read the effection lvl u have?

just a guess... and ill leave it at that :)

hope bioware fixes it soon.

Wow... 100 pages now, and still nothing from BioWare? Nothing at all? Please, give us something! Talk to us! An ETA, some sort of estimate! Please, I beg you!

Wow... really?

Patch 1.02 on PTS and not a word... so this means it's NOT this maintenance and the fastest it's going to get fixed will be in 2 weeks...

Congrats!

That's the way to show your customers that you do not give a flying **** about them

Wow... really?

Patch 1.02 on PTS and not a word... so this means it's NOT this maintenance and the fastest it's going to get fixed will be in 2 weeks...

Congrats!

That's the way to show your customers that you do not give a flying **** about them

Gonna be interesting to see if they'll fix it before the free month is over, and people stop subbing due to this nonsense way of fixing issues.

I never chose any dark side flirt options with Kira so this may be the problem that many are experiencing? Kira and I have a budding romance and she has just informed me the it is not unheard of for Jedi to sometimes marry or even have children if given permission by the Jedi Council. Dont know if the bug you are referring to takes place before or after this stage of the romance quest with Kira.

Don't worry about it for your case - once you get to that stage of conversation, you're already free & clear. The only thing that might prevent conversations from happening for you is restrictions regarding your class story (e.g. her companion arc refers to something further on).