help Bodyguard vs Smuggler

Kinediks

When I do warzones I usually have no problem keeping myself up vs 1-2 opponents. But yesterday I was getting schooled by a smuggler. The time I got out of the stun I had about 20% health left. Even if I could get my next heal off he would get me a few seconds later. I consider myself above average as a healer. Hell as a disc priest I could outlast rogues and warriors till I OOMd. I'm level 39 they were 43-45. I don't know what spec. Id link my skill tree but I'm at work. Anyone have any tips or have any insight on certain talents I should take for survivability? I'm biochem and didn't have my stims active. I'm neutral alignment so i don't have a relic. Should I try to go darkside and get a relic? I'm almost Dark 1. Don't knoe if those 2 things will make that big a difference

Bodyguards have very little trouble surviving Scoundrel bursts. You are probably just undergeared vs. your opponent. When you hit 40 you should pick up a full set of PvP gear. Do the same at 50 with T2. In a full set of Champion gear I regularly survive Battlemaster scoundrels popping adrenals/relics and even using ground buffs when applicable. It just isn't happening for them. With your health pool (17k), mitigation (30%) and burst healing you'll be able to not only survive the attack but top yourself off shortly after. If it gets bad, you can pop your shield. Immunity to interrupts and the 60-70% mitigation for 15 seconds is just beautiful. The nerfed rakata medpacks also heal for a boat load. Mine is healing for a shade under 7k.

Whatever problems you're having will be temporary, especially with the nerf bat swinging at Scounds/Ops.

1. Break CC and knock him back.

2. Shield if it's off CD.

3. Wait for the nerf.

Didn't they get nerfed? I'm almost always dead if my cc break is down. I electro dart he breaks it. I knock back and try to LOS but Im not always able to. Shield + medpack is the only way. If I face a smuggler I can go through 10 medpacks a game. Usually I burn 2-3 a game

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.