Seer Gearing - Mystic vs Force Master

Syloz

So I was looking through the PvP gear and I really don't see why you would want to take Mystic gear over the Force Master gear.

I much rather have crit for the burst heals vs having faster casting heals. What do you other healers think? Am I wrong or is there a benefit to haste that I don't know about?

-Sylo

The force bubble lockout reduction is huge.

I have three force master and two force mystic.

Yeah I did see that and that would be a big reason why I would want that. So I guess having 2 pieces of mystic is the way to go and the rest Force Master. What 2 pieces of Mystic did you pick? I will have to see what are the 2 best to go.

Yeah I did see that and that would be a big reason why I would want that. So I guess having 2 pieces of mystic is the way to go and the rest Force Master. What 2 pieces of Mystic did you pick? I will have to see what are the 2 best to go.

I got the headgear and the robe. But at battlemaster the stats are different so I might be getting different stuff. Either that or I'll just switch the battlemaster enhancements for champion enhancements, not sure yet.

^^This^^

I have enough of each to get the 2 peice bonus.

I did the same. Its kind of annoying how they itemized the stats on the two sets. The force mystic stuff is not as good on some pieces. Like I think its the gloves you get 11 more willpower over 4-5 crit or something.

The only thing that is really relevant with the different sets is the set bonus. The actual stats on the different sets is irrelevant since you can(And should to be optimal) replace the mods with different stats.

As a dps Sage the set bonuses I'm interested in is 2 part Force-Mystic for the 3 second reduced debuff from Force Armor. That one is a no brainer since Force Armor is our bread and butter survival ability and anything to make it better will keep alive longer.

With that bonus the only useful addition would be the 2 part Force-Master set bonus to improve Mind Crush a bit. Its not really amazing, but there is very little else to choose. We sadly don't get insane 15% crit to main nuke PvE set bonuses like some other classes *cough Mercs/Commandos*cough*

Something I will pick up down the road is the 4 part Stalker Set because a extra charge on Force Potency along with 15 second of the cooldown is pretty amazing for a Dps Sage. We're mediocre at best when it comes to burst and since crit from willpower/secondary stat is capped at 30% Force Potency is a extremely strong burst CD that is only improved further by the 4 part bonus.

Of course using the Stalker set is a significant investment since you would need to replace every enhancement mod with something more useful.

Now I am yet to find a reliable source for equal level mods to what you get in Battlemaster and Rakata gear. Closest thing would be to farm Champion head/gloves to strip out the Q56 surge/crit mod. Though by the time you've farmed 2 set of Battlemaster gear you should have gotten enough champion commendation to get the mods as well.

I've rambled on here, but you get the jist of it I hope :D

As a dps Sage, I've found with good positioning and Force Speed I rarely need to bubble as much as I used to when I was still learning. So I don't really see huge benefits from our sets.

However, the 2 set bonuses are great, the 4 sets are not.

We are not blessed with fantastic set bonuses sadly.

In general, you could rip out all the mods and put it in Social gear and probably be as effective as before; and maybe sexier. :cool:

Get the mystic gear for the bonus but swap in crit mods. Crit>alacrity IMO for healers. Faster casts don't mean as much because they cost the same amount and our casts are not that long to begin with. Crit also makes healing touch and salvation so much better.