Embarassing... just.... UGH

Laeris

Ok, It's late... I know this. 5am on a Monday morning. I'm on Corellia right now on my 50 Merc. There's 8 people on the list.

Problem:

I am the only person on the IMP side above level 14. There's 4 Level 10s, 2 Level 14s, and 1 level 16.

They're all on the republic side farming boxes on the PvE-RP server of Sanctum of the Exalted. I reported all of them... but... This type of thing is just absurd.

I checked after reporting 5 Republic players in the high-level area on the IMP side doing the same thing. They're just AFKing in the middle of high level Republic NPC spawns looting chests with a bot macro (they twitch every minute or so as the prog checks for a loot box and clears the AFK timer).

This kind of stuff just needs to stop. It's bad enough that I'm technically the only IMP on all of Corellia... but this sort of thing just puts a real bad taste in my mouth.

Logged back on at 7:30... There's myself and another L50... and 14 lowbies on Corellia farming boxes. Same ones I reported before 2.5 hours ago are still there. Glad to see the GMs are serious about curbing exploiters.

*sigh* :confused:

Sad thing is a lot of these people doing this are probably credit farmers and all those credits are going straight to a site that will sell them back to people playing the game

But don't make that public knowledge or enough people might actually realize the longterm damage that is being done here.

Thats bad, I hope it can be resolved. In some way other than taking the chests away altogether. Maybe a strong should guard each one, something easy for a level appropriate character but impossible for a lowbie bot. But then I suppose the bots would just get better.

Saw this type of activity yesterday on Corellia. I tried to convince my husband to loot the boxes while I kept the guards busy. Maybe if we took their boxes, they'd give up? But it would have been a futile effort, I know...

Well, what they do is the Imp lowbies run to the republic questing areas that have Imp NPCs. The Imp NPCs con green to the Imp lowbie so he is free to sit in the middle of the camp by the elites and just loot the chests as they spawn.

The 'Pubs do the same thing on the Imp side of the map.

On a PvP server, there's an easy enough fix... PewPew them dead. I'm on an RP-PvE server and I just have to sit there and watch this like some kind of ridiculous bad TV show. They're of course gold farmers because they have names like Kty, Phzxc and Uiop

Edited by Laeris

I've seen people farming chests, but your server has more than 8 imperials on.

This is just a pitiful attempt at a concern troll.

My server is low pop and there are 200 imperials on right now.

I'm on Corellia right now. The Imp pop is currently 9. There are 3 50s, and 6 people under 20. Like I said in my OP, I am talking about Corellia because that's where I am. I'm not making this about population issues. We have a whole lot of lowbies online... but the 50 zones are tumbleweed farms.

Edited by Laeris

I've seen people farming chests, but your server has more than 8 imperials on.

This is just a pitiful attempt at a concern troll.

My server is low pop and there are 200 imperials on right now.

He is talking about just Corellia.

I don''t get why the chest issues isn't fixed

Put a couple of silver mobs near each chest.

OR

Make chests spawn at random locations.

OR

Lock chests for characters more than 10 levels lower than the area they are in.

Plenty of easy solutions if there is a will. The problem is that there is no will to do anything about it or the devs are just way too busy with other things.

He is talking about just Corellia.

Oh, well yeah, Corellia sucks, theres no one there because you can hit 50 before you get there.

And putting mobs on the chest doesnt work, they die and then respawn, then open the chest in stealth.

Oh, well yeah, Corellia sucks, theres no one there because you can hit 50 before you get there.

And putting mobs on the chest doesnt work, they die and then respawn, then open the chest in stealth.

Ya totally, so they shouldn't fix the issue at all.

Doesn't stealth work like in wow and rift ? Much higher level mobs would piss on your stealth and see you from miles. Attacking/opening chests in steals kicks you out of stealth.

Put mobs near the chest that only level appropriate people can kill. If someone dies and tries to res by the chest to grab it thinking the mobs won't get them, simply put the mobs close enough to the chest. I don't see why this would not work.

Tired of these troll posts. When you do a /who to see who is on, clear out the zone name and search again. This reviles all players.

Please stop being noob.

It reviles all the players huh? I don't think that functionality is actually built into the game.

Probably talking the self rez stealth, that AFAIK can't be detected.

Aaaaaa, that one. Fix is easy as well: taking offensive action or using objects in the environment should instantly cancel the stealth. Hell, even increase the "cast time" for opening a chest, for good measure. No more farmers.

Tired of these troll posts. When you do a /who to see who is on, clear out the zone name and search again. This reviles all players.

Please stop being noob.

Insulting the OP for voicing a concern is rude. And I don't think you know what revile means.