So because slicing doesn't get rich at 400

Korialstrazs

I'm willing to assume this is a bug that will be fixed? It seems odd to rely so heavily on a crit of a crit (to get the correct mission, and then have said mission return a purple augment, which also has to be the right type).

Slicing not receiving any bountiful/rich missions at all doesn't seem in line with the other professions.

I'm getting alot of rich missions for slicing, but if you're talking about the grade 6 stuff, there's no rich/bountiful missions for any profession for grade 6...So it'd be unfair to other professions if slicing would get them.

Moderate/abundant are the only grade 6 missions I've seen on any profession so far.

I'm getting alot of rich missions for slicing, but if you're talking about the grade 6 stuff, there's no rich/bountiful missions for any profession for grade 6...So it'd be unfair to other professions if slicing would get them.

Moderate/abundant are the only grade 6 missions I've seen on any profession so far.

I've gotten plenty of rich UT cloth missions, and because of that, can obtain purple resources WITHOUT using a one time mission. It seems odd that slicing is exempt from this, as I've never seen a slicing mission. I know they exist, just never gotten one myself.

Edited by Korialstrazs

Are you talking about Grade 6 UT missions?

I dont have any char with maxed UT skill yet, but I can say there are no Archaeology or Treasure Hunting grade 6 rich missions...

If there are Rich/bountiful grade 6 missions for UT, it seems to be quite big of a bug on either the other professions, or only on UT.

Btw, with Treasure Hunting, if I get grade 6 abundant mission, it has a chance (if crits that is) to give me the epic materials aswell, doesnt need to be rich/bountiful to get those epic materials.

Edit: just to make this clear, possible missions are as follows:

Grade 1 = Moderate/abundant/bountiful/rich (plus wealthy etc)

Grade 2 = Moderate/abundant/bountiful/rich (plus wealthy etc)

Grade 3 = Moderate/abundant/bountiful/rich (plus wealthy etc)

Grade 4 = Moderate/abundant/bountiful/rich (plus wealthy etc)

Grade 5 = Moderate/abundant/bountiful/rich (plus wealthy etc)

Grade 6 = Moderate/Abundant

And as far as I know, this is how it goes for every profession.

Edited by Jokellus

There are missions that are _listed_ as rich level 6 Underworld Trading but if you check the costs and the returns they are actually mislabelled Moderate missions (cost and time is the same, level of return is the same). Abundant level 6 UT missions return more and cost more (in time and credits).

Kithran

There are missions that are _listed_ as rich level 6 Underworld Trading but if you check the costs and the returns they are actually mislabelled Moderate missions (cost and time is the same, level of return is the same). Abundant level 6 UT missions return more and cost more (in time and credits).

Kithran

I am disappointed by this, but still moreso by the difficulty of getting purple augments, I don't see a single slicing mission on the GTN for 340.

I am disappointed by this, but still moreso by the difficulty of getting purple augments, I don't see a single slicing mission on the GTN for 340.

That's pretty expected though, as it's used by the same skill as the one getting it, i.e. slicing :)

Only ever gotten one myself, whereas the other skills keep popping up quite frequently on critted missions.

That's pretty expected though, as it's used by the same skill as the one getting it, i.e. slicing :)

Only ever gotten one myself, whereas the other skills keep popping up quite frequently on critted missions.

I am starting to believe that the companion whose mission crits bring back something related to their bonus, again not always but often. I am starting to keep a log of it to see how often it happens and what the missions schematic is. That way i can quantify it or decide if i am just imagining things.

when i get a few hundred data points on each companion i'll let ya know what the stat's say.

I am starting to believe that the companion whose mission crits bring back something related to their bonus, again not always but often. I am starting to keep a log of it to see how often it happens and what the missions schematic is. That way i can quantify it or decide if i am just imagining things.

when i get a few hundred data points on each companion i'll let ya know what the stat's say.

If there is any truth to that, it would explain why 70% of mine are vendor trash investigation ones. -.-

What'll really bake your noodle?

You need a crit to get a crafting mission.

You need a crit to get a purple augment.

Now, for the fun part.

The crafter of the purple gear with the aug slot:

needs a crit to reverse engineer to blue

needs several more crits to reverse engineer to the correct type of blue

needs a crit to reverse engineer to purple

needs several more crits to reverse engineer to the correct type of purple

needs a crit on a slicing mission to get a mission discovery

needs a crit on the mission discovery to get enough mats to make your item

needs a crit on your pair of boots to add an aug slot.

At this point, there are so many chance events required that this can no longer be considered even a grind mechanic. It is an astronomical improbability that these two events (you have a purple augment and an armor/arti/arms/synth having a pair of boots for you) will coalesce.

All this for a piece of gear that has 28 more itemization points than an orange item, which puts it somewhere between hardmode dungeon and normal mode raiding. Over 11 slots this comes out to ~308 more stats. However, those 308 stats comes at the expense of the above random model processing through ELEVEN times, from different people.

The reverse engineering to learn new things is a great concept. On Paper. However, it's very brutal in its implementation. No businessman in the world would touch this business model.

The amount of cash that is destroyed every day in the pursuit of "epics" is staggering. Given that normal EV can be completed by a group in quest gear, why would anyone bother with this?

i have to agree , the system sounded fun , but the reality is that its so pointless at the end of the day, that one might as well jsut go 3 gathering and buy everything you need (after all NOTHING is bop on these proffesions so why would one bother? )

im not evne gonna comment on cybertech and how its worthless unless you have it maxed and have REd your butt off for epic augments, and even then, they are not that much better than stuff you can get in one hour via comendations, so im at the point that im just raising it to get free earpieces and build my own ship partrs, other than that, im regretting even bothering with professions

This all stems to the fact that BioWare is making changes to all the other professions, and already stated so, to bring them more in line with the end-game.

I'm a 400 Artifice/Archaeology/Treasure Hunting Jedi Shadow... it is nice atm, cause so far, I've not reached Ilum's daily quests to see everything I have get thrown out the window. Once I do get there (which only requires me to finish my class quests on Voss and Corellia), well then I get to see my profession as dead weight except for the Rakata Relic I can make myself (which is nice, being Neutral and all...).

Let's just hope the new crew skill changes are coming for version 1.1.2 or something else soon.

This all stems to the fact that BioWare is making changes to all the other professions, and already stated so, to bring them more in line with the end-game.

I'm a 400 Artifice/Archaeology/Treasure Hunting Jedi Shadow... it is nice atm, cause so far, I've not reached Ilum's daily quests to see everything I have get thrown out the window. Once I do get there (which only requires me to finish my class quests on Voss and Corellia), well then I get to see my profession as dead weight except for the Rakata Relic I can make myself (which is nice, being Neutral and all...).

Let's just hope the new crew skill changes are coming for version 1.1.2 or something else soon.

Unlikely. Given that Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior revamps were announced in the June timeframe, and have yet to materialize... I would say a crafting revamp is probably more likely for 1.2 or 1.3 rather than 1.1.x.

Everything about it makes me think that it wasn't finished, they knew it wasn't finished, so they tuned it extra tight to make it as difficult as possible to expose that it wasn't finished.

But here we are.

im not evne gonna comment on cybertech and how its worthless unless you have it maxed and have REd your butt off for epic augments, and even then, they are not that much better than stuff you can get in one hour via comendations

You will indeed RE your butt off until you get epic augments with Cybertech.

If only due to Cybertech not having augments.

I dont think anybody's clarified yet: a slicing 340 mission will ALWAYS return a purple lvl 49 augment along with a lockbox. once i had it crit and it came back with 2 purple lvl 49 augments, a lockbox and a ut 340 mission.