BioWare: What is your answer to a new player that reaches 50?

The-Jedi

I have reached level 50 and thought things are going to be sweet, O.o a big WRONG struck me fast and saddness. Why, you might ask seeing I love PVP and my valor is almost 50 so just 10 easy more levels and sweetness.

I realized very fast that is not the case due to sooooo many players already have a great start on their champion gear or already has the full set. This, believe it or not, places a new level 50 with no gear, or in my case 2 pieces of gear, feeling lower than a level 12 PVPing. I really do not know what to do. I have alot of EPIC PVE gear to hopefully make up for the lose of PVP gear and still feel I am in the same boat as when I just turned 50.

All I can do is wright a thread and hope it doesn't get buried before BioWare reads it and decides enough is enough.

The way I see it is this:

1. If PVP is not fun why play.

2. I am a PVPer and can't do anything for damage, why PVP grind up this impossible hill.

3. I can't PVP like this, feels redundant and insulting.

You have nice flashpoints I like them but I am saddened from not being able to compete in PVP at my level 50 and am forced to make a new toon to PVP, WHY?

What do I do, are there any answers? Does BioWare care about this problem, about us?

Respectfully,

The-Jedi

They are giving big incentive to alts with the Legacy system. Roll a new character and build them up. I can understand if you don't want to do it 8 times, but at least once per faction would be a good call.

Then he can cry about how he can't do PVE either because he doesn't have gear.

"How come people with more gear than me do more DPS? It's not faaaaaaaaaaaair!".

This is always an issue (not a problem) with MMOs. If you dont start when everyone else does, you are always playing catchup. I started playing WoW in June 2011 .. so far behind everyone else that I just could not compete (in both knowledge of how things go and in gear level). I love the levelling process, and am really enjoying the story in SWTOR so the same thing is happening to me in SWTOR.

Who's fault is the latter situation?

Mine.

Do I like it?

Not really.

What should I do?

Shut up and get into it.

Because?

There is no alternative. I dont really like it, but the longer I hold off, the worse it will get, so I have to harden up, and get on with it.

RubberKal

I have reached level 50 and thought things are going to be sweet, O.o a big WRONG struck me fast and saddness. Why, you might ask seeing I love PVP and my valor is almost 50 so just 10 easy more levels and sweetness.

I realized very fast that is not the case due to sooooo many players already have a great start on their champion gear or already has the full set. This, believe it or not, places a new level 50 with no gear, or in my case 2 pieces of gear, feeling lower than a level 12 PVPing. I really do not know what to do. I have alot of EPIC PVE gear to hopefully make up for the lose of PVP gear and still feel I am in the same boat as when I just turned 50.

All I can do is wright a thread and hope it doesn't get buried before BioWare reads it and decides enough is enough.

2. I am a PVPer and can't do anything for damage, why PVP grind up this impossible hill.

You have nice flashpoints I like them but I am saddened from not being able to compete in PVP at my level 50 and am forced to make a new toon to PVP, WHY?

What do I do, are there any answers? Does BioWare care about this problem, about us?

Respectfully,

The-Jedi

answer is to stick with it its best can do is farm badges and buy the bags...9/10 warzones pugs will lose for alot of reasons and battlemaster/champ premades is only 1 of them. do your daily and log off... thats what i do frankly cant be arsed to sit and grind my valor level i mean i like pvp but lol not going to spend from morning till dusk grinding it out get it when i get it...

my best advice is to grind level 60 valor BEFORE level 50 and just get battlemaster boxes from the get go.

Edit: other alternative is to grind valor on ilum but can be hard for reps, but i am sure do it just as well as we do and they dont have to walk as far <<

Edited by Lokai

It's because they wanted to do things like blizzard and made PVP gear and PVE gear, while PVE gear is useless in PVP, PVP gear is as good as any PVE gear in PVE.

Game developers should stop with this stupid approach, just make PVP gear look different, so people can play and enjoy both content without failing in one.

You are one of those guys who tries to chase down 20k HP battlemaster assassin's and fight them 1v1 aren't you?

dude believe it or not assasins are not my problem, not even geared ones solo. The problem are all the players fully geared. I just played a huttball where the enemy was just camping the stand because they could before they scored the final point. They held the ball and no one on my team could damage them, it was really ugly at level 50 being brought down like that with little ease or tactics on their part.

I have been saying this until I turn blue, if PVP was developed using tactics and not stats the PVP would be a better place. Balance would be equally geared because you would not need gear. Just good old abilities and smarts, and no the jedi would not be a god if they just stick to lore.

Respectfully,

The-Jedi

be glad you can pvp at all.

there are plenty servers with so few lvl50 players that after 1.1 patch hit we haven't been able to do a single warzone. and don't even get me started about ilum.

You know I was thinking, I forgot and remembered that in beta we had PVP gear at low levels. It was great. I almost forgot about that.

So why not have PVP gear with some expertise so when we reach 50 we won't be naked and feel lower than a level 12. Why did the gear leave the vendors for lower levels?

Edited by The-Jedi

It's because they wanted to do things like blizzard and made PVP gear and PVE gear, while PVE gear is useless in PVP, PVP gear is as good as any PVE gear in PVE.

Game developers should stop with this stupid approach, just make PVP gear look different, so people can play and enjoy both content without failing in one.

pvp gear is laughed at in PVE in WOW yes it has higher defs, but it does less damage and has dubious set bonuses.

Try getting a raid group while wearing pvp armour in WOW and see for yourself.

dude believe it or not assasins are not my problem, not even geared ones solo. The problem are all the players fully geared. I just played a huttball where the enemy was just camping the stand because they could before they scored the final point. They held the ball and no one on my team could damage them, it was really ugly at level 50 being brought down like that with little ease or tactics on their part.

I have been saying this until I turn blue, if PVP was developed using tactics and not stats the PVP would be a better place. Balance would be equally geared because you would not need gear. Just good old abilities and smarts, and no the jedi would not be a god if they just stick to lore.

This is why I play TOR to PvE, Im waiting for GW2 so I can PvP XD

I play a lot of TF2 and MW3 in the meantime when I get the PvP itch.