Ability stutter. I know that feel bro

Zhongiek

I recently started leveling a jedi sentinel and wow the ability stutter whatever you wanna call it its terrible and makes playing this class a pain. I leveled a vanguard and sorc to 50 and never ran into something noticeable like this. I didn't understand what people were crying about till i had experienced it myself. I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO I KNOW THAT FEEL. :csw_trooper: I hope the upcoming patch fix this because PvPin with this stutter would only give me an disadvantage. I also have a beast PC that can max any game so it's not the hardware Edited by Zhongiek

I finally saw it yesterday at lvl 43. I hit my Zealous and no other abilities would work. I thought I had lost my connection cause the same thing happens when that occurs but I checked my ping and it was 40ms. The only thing that broke it was a Force Leap.

The main thing to avoid and reduce the possibility of this i noticed is to NOT hit the button multiple times. Learn to time the CD so you are only pressing it once. Spamming buttons will almost always cause ability stutter.

I have also never noticed it on Force Sweep ever.

The main thing to avoid and reduce the possibility of this i noticed is to NOT hit the button multiple times. Learn to time the CD so you are only pressing it once. Spamming buttons will almost always cause ability stutter.

The problem is that if you hit it only once and it doesnt work you loose about a sec and half trying to do it again, thats why people spam buttons and that aggravates the problem

I put my button queue at 0.25 secs and try to spam only twice, usually it works and eventually it doesnt

I have this issue most normally with zealous, merciless , sweep and storm and sometimes my overload wont work either after i force leap, usually i realize this after im already into my 4th or 5th rotation

I can only say that when they fix it its gonna be huge

Cheers

This has nothing to do with "timing your CD's". The skill will be up, i can see that it is up, i hit the keybinding for said skill. Animation starts to go off but skill does not fire, wait 1, hit again, same thing happens. Like i said, has nothing to do with "timing your CD's". There should be no reason why when Saber Ward is up and i hit the keybinding or even click on the damn hotkey that it shouldnt go off. Thats just crap coding that should of been fixed in alpha/beta.

This has nothing to do with "timing your CD's". The skill will be up, i can see that it is up, i hit the keybinding for said skill. Animation starts to go off but skill does not fire, wait 1, hit again, same thing happens. Like i said, has nothing to do with "timing your CD's". There should be no reason why when Saber Ward is up and i hit the keybinding or even click on the damn hotkey that it shouldnt go off. Thats just crap coding that should of been fixed in alpha/beta.

Right, that is your experience. I don't know how you play I haven't watched you, so i have no idea if you are spamming or just pressing the ability a single time. I have witnessed the ability stutter as you describe it maybe twice since starting this game. If I spam certain abilities (even after they are off CD) it happens almost ALL the time.

I'm not making excuses or sympathizing with the developers or anything, I'm just saying, in the meantime while waiting for a fix, you can greatly reduce the chance that this happens by only pressing/clicking the ability a single time when it's off CD.

This is my experience and results may vary.

Right, that is your experience. I don't know how you play I haven't watched you, so i have no idea if you are spamming or just pressing the ability a single time. I have witnessed the ability stutter as you describe it maybe twice since starting this game. If I spam certain abilities (even after they are off CD) it happens almost ALL the time.

I'm not making excuses or sympathizing with the developers or anything, I'm just saying, in the meantime while waiting for a fix, you can greatly reduce the chance that this happens by only pressing/clicking the ability a single time when it's off CD.

This is my experience and results may vary.

In my experience this isn't the case.

I especially notice it with force sweep. I find it happens almost every time if I spam the button and if I try to just time it with one button press I find it just doesn't even try to engage the skill at all sometimes.

Yep. And in addition to the stutter, we also experience the mis-fire glitch that everyone has.

So it will go something like this:

1. Force Stasis shows Cooldown still active.
  2. Realize that it's been on CD for almost ten minutes now.
  3. Cooldown Glitch.
  4. Use it, button presses but nothing happens.
  5. Stutter Glitch.
  6. Use it again, button presses, cast bar appears and Focus is spent, but nothing happens.
  7. Mis-fire Glitch.
  8. Attempt to use other abilities, same glitches happen.
  9. Dead again.

That's Sentinel lifestyle currently. Cheers.