[DPS] First Responder vs Weapon Calibrations

Hobocrunch

Seeing as you can't increase the rate you passively regain ammo aside from the round crit talent, alacrity hurts more than it helps. If we were able to increase our ammo regen then it may have been good.

On the other hand your main move (grav round) is a 1.5 sec cast. So you'd need a lot of alacrity to make a noticeable difference. And even if you had say a 50% alacrity (absurd amount) and had a .75 sec cast, it doesn't lower the gcd. So the only thing it would actually benefit is full auto because that's the only move that's either not instant cast or over 1.5 sec cast time (gcd is 1.5 sec).

So you have to ask yourself. Would it really be worth putting stat points in your gear that only affects one move in your arsenal if you are trying to maximize your total dps?

EDIT

Sorry I thought you were asking if you should put alacrity in your gear for some reason.

Anyway when it comes to the talent choice of weapon calibration vs first responder, in a sense first responder will in theory be up pretty much all the time if you have a 25-30% crit rate. And if it was, all it would do is knock off about .15 seconds off your full auto. If using the other talent you'd knock off about .12 seconds.

Either way, I highly doubt .03 seconds on full auto would make any sort of noticiable difference.

But in the end, I think the others are right when they say to just put the talent points into a different talent like better healing recieved. Because .12 or .15 reduced casting speed on one move will barely move your dps.

Edited by genesiser